Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Bundleofkent2 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:30 am
Hi everyone,

have you seen Andre's amazing new page on Bully smurfs?

The bit about the Bully smurfs made as replacements for drummer, normal, papa etc is incredible! Why they did not release these is beyond me as they are tonnes better than the crappy Schleich designs

Then the unreleased ones from 1978 by Bully just as they were losing the licence: singer, discus etc

I prefer Bully to Schleich!!

BW

Martin
Postby Arno » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:52 pm
Amazing indeed.

The fisherman had been drawn carrying a rod with ribbon but the prototyp shown has none...
Postby The Smurf Collector » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:29 pm
Andre has has and continues to do an amazing job on his website. The in-depth information and pictures he has been able to collate is extraordinary.

I am surprised that this information about Bully has been hidden away for almost 40 years. One can only imagine what other smurfs Bully would have produced if they continued to make smurfs.
Keep Smurfin

Kath B

Try smurfing this: http://www.smurfs.com.au
Postby Tommo » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:27 pm
It's amazing that the Hans-Joerg got the whole collection... did I get that right? Did he buy it from Bully or was he given it? Also, why did Bully part with them? Each of those prototypes must be worth a hell of a lot more than the Christmas prototyples? :???: It's good to see which smurfs are real prototypes rather than early Bully colour variations. I agree Martin, absolutely love the Bully versions that were never released, as well as the Bully versions as a whole. Any news as to whether Schleich will continue with the smurfs in 2020? Maybe Bully will take them back on? :-? With the Fisherman it probably shows how the final release should have been sold, i.e. with the fishing line and hook not connected to the feet or the hand? :-?
André really has to do a book one day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. listening to the Brand New Heavies as I've written this and cannot believe that it's been 25 years since their first album! :shock:
Postby Bundleofkent2 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:32 am
Brand New Heavies? I haven’t listened to them for 25 years!!! Ha ha ha 8-) :)
No they were ok but I’m a Zeppelin man so need it a bit stronger
You’re right though, time marches really quickly as you age!! Wait till you are 47!!!!

Smurfs- don’t know I doubt Bully will ever be involved again. Not sure how the German guy got the Bully museum stuff maybe he lives nearby?
No word on 2020 from Schleich either .......
Martin
Postby Tommo » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:07 am
I'm 47 in 4 months! :) I had to think then, thought it was next year :banghead: :) Yup, love a bit of Zepplin too :D
Page 1 of 1

Login