Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Raresmurf » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:27 am
Guys,

I just received the rugby smurf I won the other day (see picture below), in addition to the rugby player I received an extra smurf - A USA team football player (the seller forget to include it in the photo!!!)

Back to my original question, the papa in the below photo is leaning to the right and has a gold dot on the foot - I have never seen this version. Can anyone shed some light?

Postby Bunno Smurf » Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:25 am
aahhhhh thats the one I posted, huh???

gee you got that quick!

Anyway back to topic. I have no idea!

Linda

Edit: He looks like he's trying to be an aeroplane hehehehe

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 am
You should ask Dyar, he knows all about droops. :)

Postby pekkelien » Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:54 am
never saw him either :lol:

Postby Raresmurf » Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:01 am
Yup - seller is in the uk...next day delivery!
aahhhhh thats the one I posted, huh???

gee you got that quick!

Anyway back to topic. I have no idea!

Linda

Edit: He looks like he's trying to be an aeroplane hehehehe

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:59 am
I do have a Papa that leans a bit I think but not that much....but this could just be altered by heat which is the most likely possibility.

Occassionally I get smurfs that will no longer stand so I get the hairdryer out and after about an hour of posing in the mirror singing with the hairdryer blowing my hair back like some bad 80's video clip, I apply heat to the smurf for about 30 seconds to a minute and then hold the smurf in a position that I want him to stand in ...i.e. so he won't fall over until it cools and takes to the new form. I reckon I could make a Papa bend like that too with the addition of heat (um, not like that Stace) .....although I would not recommended it as it would devalue a smurf. I only do it to make them stand once again instead of having them lean against a wall or something.

Just out of curiosity...what are the markings on this little guy?

Cheers

Dyar

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:01 am
You should ask Dyar, he knows all about droops. :)
It's a lie I say, a lie.....that's the last time I let you talk to Mrs Dyar.

Droopy Dyar

Postby Raresmurf » Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:03 am
Peyo, 4, w.germany...gold dot
I do have a Papa that leans a bit I think but not that much....but this could just be altered by heat which is the most likely possibility.

Occassionally I get smurfs that will no longer stand so I get the hairdryer out and after about an hour of posing in the mirror singing with the hairdryer blowing my hair back like some bad 80's video clip, I apply heat to the smurf for about 30 seconds to a minute and then hold the smurf in a position that I want him to stand in ...i.e. so he won't fall over until it cools and takes to the new form. I reckon I could make a Papa bend like that too with the addition of heat (um, not like that Stace) .....although I would not recommended it as it would devalue a smurf. I only do it to make them stand once again instead of having them lean against a wall or something.

Just out of curiosity...what are the markings on this little guy?

Cheers

Dyar

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:22 am
Hi Papa

I just checked my Papas and the one that was leaning is actually the fake version which has no markings at all. It does look similiar to the lean on your one though.

Dyar

Postby eggie smurf » Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:31 pm
I reckon I could make a Papa bend like that too with the addition of heat (um, not like that Stace) .....
:daz:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby pekkelien » Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:15 pm
i got a brainy leaning like that
Page 1 of 1

Login