Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby The Smurf Collector » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:53 am
Hi All

I would like some help with a smurf I recently received Traveller Smurf (20088).

It has the markings of W. Germany Schleich S Peyo (signature) which is the same as the Butterfly catcher (40209) which made me think that this was a mixed up Traveller. But is it?
Attachments
20088 WG.jpg
20088 WG.jpg (51.73 KiB) Viewed 1799 times

Postby The Smurf Collector » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:59 am
This is the markings for the Butterfly catcher
W Germany Schleich S Peyo (signature)

To add to my thoughts, I also recently received a Traveller with Hong Kong markings but no stick. Should I remove the stick from my mixed up Traveller and add this to my HK one?

I will confess at this point of time I do not usually swap items around my smurfs but in one sense this could be the right thing to do.

Please help me!

Kath
Attachments
20088 hk.jpg
20088 hk.jpg (40.04 KiB) Viewed 1798 times
Catcher.jpg
Catcher.jpg (55.78 KiB) Viewed 1798 times

Postby Cassiebsg » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:16 am
Hey Kath.

I don't know much about the markings, but if you notice the Traveler is holding the stick with his right hand while the Butterfly catcher is holding the net on his left. ;)
Hope that helps. :D

Pictures loan from Dyar's site.

Image Image
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby André » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:19 am
Hi Kath,

A good way to see the difference is on the mouth. Traveller has closed mouth. :cheers:
André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Postby The Smurf Collector » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:40 am
Thanks for the tips given so far.

I never really looked at what hand the traveller held his stick or the variation in the mouth between the Traveller and Butterfly catcher.

I knew by asking the question, I would get the answer I was after.

Thanks

Kath
Page 1 of 1

Login