Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 2
Postby sexysmurfEdo » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:20 am
Finally a few months ago after much research I found the original Snake, once I had got one but it was a replica of the original, and this' replication is different from the color for the shape, I know there also and brown snake 'so? hello all :-D
Attachments
397600_2951474233841_1470937896_3028247_1550854384_n.jpg
397600_2951474233841_1470937896_3028247_1550854384_n.jpg (15.57 KiB) Viewed 3860 times

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:14 am
Nice one....I am still looking for one for my collection :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Smurf1303 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:27 pm
Do you have any history about this smurf, was it licences or just a popular fake. Would love to know more about it. Also, if you don't mind me asking, roughly how much is one worth, saw one when I went to Blue Paradie and have dreamt of owning one ever since...

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:08 pm
this one was never licensed...I think it's a rare PVC No Toxico from Spain.

There seem to be an influx of a more recent production (think..fake of a fake) but the original snake charmer is worth quite a bit. Problem is it's hard to differentiate between the two. 8)

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby sexysmurfEdo » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:38 pm
What the photos and 'original, but if I want to see a replica, I just look for the photos :-D

Postby Pitufo » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:56 pm
It is not 100% scientific, I know :) :), but a 100% good condition snake smurf, bull, I love pitufina smurf is 99% probability a fake of fake, as Maureen has called them. Of course there are some of them that have been in collections for years and they are in perfect condition. There are collectors who bought them years ago in Spain, and they are just fakes(the old version, not fakes of fakes). But some of the pieces we are currently seeing on ebay, aren´t

I can´t explain it in english but what I mean is that there is not a tradition of smurf collections in Spain, and most of the old figures sold by particulars sellers on ebay should be ina "played" condition
JOAQUÍN

Postby sexysmurfEdo » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:11 am
Hello, thanks for the replies, I'm interested in this topic, but I do not understand something, you say that the original snake, etc. .. pitufina ie 'the old ones should not have brand? you have any pictures?

Postby Pitufo » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:38 pm
Hi, Edo...it seems my english is even better than I thought :) :)

What I mean is:

- there are some old unlicensed smurfs: pitufina, snake, barcelona flags...They were sold mid 80's and they have the inscription "pvc no toxico"

- there are some new unlicenesd smurfs that are copies of the smurfs mentioned above. They are being sold now and have the same inscription "pvc no toxico"

- The first group are called for us FAKES and the 2nd roups are waht we call FAKES OF FAKES

How to distingish between them????hard to say, What I say is that an old one is more probably in not 100% good condition. Or in other words: id someone offers a 100% good condition pieces without any minimal rubs, it is probably the new version (not 100% sure, but probably yes)

BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT: they both are lovely and nice to own
JOAQUÍN

Postby Smurf1303 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:10 pm
Thanks guys, had no idea it was a CNT.

Were there many CNT which weren't based on schleich equivalents?

Postby Pitufo » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:57 pm
They are not cnt smurfs.You can consider them as belonging another kind of spanih smurfs...

http://www.forum.bluecavern.com/viewtopic.php?t=10994
JOAQUÍN

Postby Smurf1303 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:32 pm
Thanks for that Joaqin , hadn't realised there were several groups of Spanish fakes before

Postby sexysmurfEdo » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:26 pm
Joaquin Hello, thanks for the info, I for example I think the original snake, one in the photo, and that 'a little spoiled, and also the reply, I can just put the photos are beautiful and both :cheers: :cheers:

Postby Tintin » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:27 am
Hi

Joaquin is an expert in Spanish smurfs :-D
I learned a lot from him.
And yes there are a lot really a lot of Spanish fake series :-D
I love them all :D

Tintin

Postby Pitufo » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:05 pm
I am not an expert in spanish smurfs...I am just a collector who lives in Spain :) :) :)
JOAQUÍN

Postby André » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:25 am
Because you live in Spain, together with your huge interest in smurfs, makes you our spanish expert Joaquin!! :-D :cheers:
André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Postby Tintin » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:43 am
Hi Andre

That's it, but i know Joaquin is to modest to admit :-D

The snake looks old, but seems real to me ..........but i am no expert.

Tintin
Postby domaka » Tue May 15, 2012 1:50 am
snake pvc no toxico
Attachments
photo copie 5.JPG
photo copie 5.JPG (83.55 KiB) Viewed 3511 times
photo copie 4.JPG
photo copie 4.JPG (87.67 KiB) Viewed 3511 times

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue May 15, 2012 4:50 am
beautiful :smitten:

Hidden in the Woods

Postby domaka » Tue May 15, 2012 9:10 pm
How much this smurf worth do you think? Because i dont have any idea!

Thanks

Postby sexysmurfEdo » Tue May 15, 2012 11:53 pm
To me the photo of the snake domaka and 'the new version, I have both the new one, is the old, as of my photos
Page 1 of 2

Login