Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 3 of 8

Postby André » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:58 am
Here is the kwak-village with some Smurf-guests. Off course they are always welcome.

Postby André » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:05 am
Hi again Tojo,

I have seen Lego and other well-known brands in the Quelle-katalogs.

Do you think they also sold Smurfs?

/André
Postby redberet1 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:16 am
Hello André,

Regarding to your questions:

Yes indeen there was a "Bauanleitung" for the "Spielset" (mentioned on the box anyway), but I donot have that one, sorry.

I have never seen the brown lifeguard chair.

Kind regards from Holland

Ruud

Postby Tojo » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:30 am
Hi again Tojo,

I have seen Lego and other well-known brands in the Quelle-katalogs.

Do you think they also sold Smurfs?

/André
Hi André,

I really don't know :-? It's not something that I've ever really looked for. I've only been collecting smurfs since 2004 so they're not something that I would have probably noticed in the catalogues. I was more interested in the Playmobil products (castle) than anything else.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby André » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:48 am
Tojo,

I don´t think the parts could have been in the catalogues before 1989 and it is not in the catalogue for autumn 1994. So I guess in one or more of the catalogues in there between they are.

Do you know if it is possible to buy these cataloges in a german bookstore or internetshop? Do you have any idea where I can find it on internet?

/André

Postby André » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:32 am
Regarding what products were made for Kwak and are the same as the smurfparts but different colours this is what to read on "Ösi"-homepage.

On this page you can also see a scanned picture from a Schleich-catalogue for some of the parts.

1: Lifeguard chair in brown. This I have seen a long time ago on ebay. At that time I thought it was a painted one ( it could have been also) and did´t place any bids. :(
2: The boat. Beige and darkbrown.
3: The Farm. Beige and green.
4: Windmill. Beige, green and white.
5: Well. Grey and darkbrown parts.
6: Forklift. Chain is darkbrown. I have not seen this one yet.
7: Green car.
8: Green stove. Black feet etc.
9: White vanitytable.
10: White bed.
11: Rockingchair. Purple and pink.
12: Green tricycle.
13: Garden. Fence. Beige. Darkbrown.
14: Garden. Gate. Beige.
15: Mushroom playset. With white flowers.
16: Hammock. Darkbrown posts.
17: Lakeplayset.
18: Raft.
19: Garden furniture. Very darkgreen.
20: Treeswing. Orangebrown swing.
21: Snail-carriage. Green.

And it could be more.

This list I am not 100% sure of, so please let me know if something seems wrong.

/André

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:47 pm
Some very nice pics and some amazing items you have there André.

I wish I had a lot more of the Kwak items......someday I hope I will :D

Dyar

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:55 pm
that's a very useful list, Andre :D

Do you have a picture of the life-guard? There is a beige one on a Schleich smurf poster and I am wondering if that is the one :-?

the only thing is that it has the lifeguard on it and is from Schleich, which you say..Kwak is not :-?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby André » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:34 am
Hi Dyar,

I promissed you a picture of the new Kwak-items I got since last time.
Now I don´t have to mail it to you. Thanks for your very useful help.

Best wishes /André

Maureen,

All these kwak-item are from Schleich.

If you have a lifuguard chair on a smurfposter from Schleich it is not the Kwak-one, then it is probably made for the smurfs. The Kwak one is darkbrown, I believe.

Brgds/André

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:39 am
I promissed you a picture of the new Kwak-items I got since last time.
Now I don´t have to mail it to you. Thanks for your very useful help.
It was an absolute pleasure to chat about these things with you André. I learnt a lot of new things too and just enjoyed seeing all of the pics you posted.

Dyar

Postby André » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:52 am
Dyar,

I just started working today after 3 weeks winter holiday. So I will probably not have the time posting so many pictures now. I still have some more to add regarding the differences of the kwak-parts.

Do you have the assembly instuctions for the well playset for Kwak? I know you have the box.

André

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:34 pm

I just started working today after 3 weeks winter holiday. So I will probably not have the time posting so many pictures now. I still have some more to add regarding the differences of the kwak-parts.

André
I am looking forward seeing them when you have time to post them :D

I had no idea there are so many different parts out there :eek:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Tojo » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:43 am
Tojo,

I don´t think the parts could have been in the catalogues before 1989 and it is not in the catalogue for autumn 1994. So I guess in one or more of the catalogues in there between they are.

Do you know if it is possible to buy these cataloges in a german bookstore or internetshop? Do you have any idea where I can find it on internet?

/André
I have really no idea André :-?

Most people throw their catalogue away when the new one comes out. That's what we do too. They are in fact very heavy so if you did find an older one somewhere then the postage would be quite high. I really can't think of any source for finding older catalogues, sorry.

You could perhaps go on the Quelle website & ask them directly whether they have older catalogues still :-? (www.quelle.de)
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:41 am
@André:
As far as I remember, Quelle sold exclusive Alfred J. Kwak items both via catalogue from 1991-1992. About two years later, the remainders were forwarded to their very own then-existing outlet chain "Quelle Fundgrube" and sold for about 50-80 per cent of the regular price. Knowing that most of the Kwak items would have been perfect for smurfs makes me wanna cry. :( Back then, my major interest was smurfs and thus I didn't buy anything of the Kwak stuff, apart from the tapes.

However I bought the Jubilee series and the Applause smurf doll there bargains at that time. :D

Postby André » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:22 am
Garden furniture.

The Kwak furniture are very darkgreen( in the middle) and the ladder is white ( this one is from the windmill).

I don´t know if there is a darkgreen ladder from Kwak, because I have not seen the playset box. Dyar has got one on his website if you want to look at it. The other parts are on the boxes so these parts I am sure of.

I think like this about these parts:

All these accessories were made for the Farm and the Windmill, like the furniture for a doll´s house. But none of them actually fit the Kwak figures at all. They were made from the same mold as for the smurfs. So I see all these parts as rare smurfparts in a way. But I want everone to know that these were not sold with the smurfs. ( As far as I know). :)

The smurf with the darkgreen wheelborrow I bought a long time ago as a supersmurf. This one I really like.

The wheelborrows are marked with and without CE in both colours and sometimes have slightly different size of the wheels. As you can see all these parts can have many, many different colours of green and brown.
These are the ones that still isn´t in their boxes. The brown furnitures were also sold with the french magazine.

There are at least 4 other versions of the old box that I know of, that is not on the picture.

/André

Postby André » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:25 am
Regarding this:

"I think like this about these parts:

All these accessories were made for the Farm and the Windmill, like the furniture for a doll´s house. But none of them actually fit the Kwak figures at all. They were made from the same mold as for the smurfs. So I see all these parts as rare smurfparts in a way. But I want everone to know that these were not sold with the smurfs. ( As far as I know). "

I mean all the kwak parts not only the ones on the picture.

/André

Postby André » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:35 am
Hammock.

Here is the CE-marked hammocks and they have exactly the same markings under; CE Schleich and W.Germany. The kwak base has a little bit darker green and has darkbrown posts.

The Hongkongversion in the back without CE-markings.

André

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:46 am
The Kwak furniture are very darkgreen( in the middle)
Is there also a dark green one for the smurf furniture? I have a set of dark greens and got them in a smurf lot. I had no idea they are Kwak accessories :-?

Hidden in the Woods

Postby André » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:59 am
Hi Maureen,

there are also darkgreen ones for the smurfs. I don´t have them yet.
But according to Dyar these are slightly brighter then the Kwak ones.

Some of the accessories from Kwak are almost the same colours as the ones made for the smurfs so it is hard to tell.

Especially on these ones which don´t have any markings.

/André

Postby André » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:18 pm
Hi Maureen,

I checked the posters and I have a poster (1983/84) with a forklift with a brown chain. The kwak-list is just the one from Ösi-homepage so this one I am not sure it is 100% correct. Could be smurfparts there????

The ones I show you on my pictures are definetly kwak-parts, the other ones on the list is possible ones.

/André
Page 3 of 8

Login