Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 2 of 8

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:34 am
I must say in this case I like the Kwak version much better :-D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Lia » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:49 am
Thanks for giving us all that info André!
I have lots of Kwak items too, ( love them!!) but never noticed details like the numbers in the feet of the stove.

( @ Ruud, goed om die bouwinstructies eens te zien)

Lia

Postby André » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:39 am
Hi Lia,
I thought you did. :)
And I also remember you told me only been collecting 4 years. From my image of your collection I would have guessed a lot longer. You seems to have almost a complete PVC-collection. :) :) I really loved that fishing smurf of yours.

Do you have any Kwak-boxes?

/André

Postby Lia » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:46 am
quote="André"
"And I also remember you told me only been collecting 4 years."

WHAT???? :) :)
I never told you anything like that André!
You must confuse me with some else
I collect for more then 18 years!
no, unfortunately no boxes, otherwise I would have shown them in this thread.
To me. ( like happened to many others) the Kwak items were sold as smurfy prototypes.

Lia

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:49 am
@Andre... that was me :) I'm just collecting for 4 years...

Postby André » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:53 am
OK,

my mistake. Not so good with names. :)

That explains everything.

Thanks for the pics Lia.

/André
Postby redberet1 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:55 pm
Hi all,

Here I send you some pictures of the box of the Alfred J. Kwak windmill.

Kind regards from Holland

Ruud
Postby redberet1 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:57 pm
Hi all,

Here I send you some pictures of the box of the Alfred J. Kwak "spielset".

Kind regards from Holland

Ruud

Postby André » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:58 pm
Thanks Ruud,

From now on your are my favorite here.

Well, among my favorites anyway.

Thanks big time/André

Postby André » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:07 pm
Ruud,

since you have the pictures of the boxes.

I have a few questions for you.

Was there any assemblyinstructions in the playsetbox aswell.

And you would have the brown lifeguard "chair" for Kwak? Supersmurf 40242.

/André

Postby André » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:08 pm
I will add o picture of my village tomorrow.

/André

Postby Tojo » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:11 pm
I see that those boxes are marked with the Quelle logo. Were these especially made for Quelle I wonder.

For those of you who don't know what Quelle is, it's a shop which until a few years ago sold products via a catalog (like Freemans & Grattan in the UK) but they now also have a website too (www.quelle.de).
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby André » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:22 pm
Well,

I let you in on a secret Tojo. Not that big I think.

Quelle is a mailordercompany from Germany that had and maybe still have the "rights" for the Kwak products.

/André

Postby André » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:25 pm
Well Tojo,

not the rights but this is what I mean:

"EM.TV, originally named Entertainment Munich and based in UterfÃhring, a suburb of the Bavarian capital, began in 1989 after Thomas Haffa left his job at one of Germany's largest media companies the Kirch Group.
He had worked at Kirch since the early Eighties, setting up and running the video tape business and the merchandising division. His third job inside the group was running the music division where he was responsible, among other things,for the merchandising of the extra-terrestrial TV character Alf.
"I noticed very early on that music producers, retailers and merchandisers have to co-operate closely in order to achieve lasting success in the market," he says.
He left Kirch and, using his leaving presents of a car and a mobile phone as his start-up capital, began looking for a deal to start his own company. He found it in Alfred J Kwak, an animated duck who some say looks a lot like a certain duck owned by Walt Disney.
Armed with the licence for the animated series from the duck's creator Hermann van Veen, Thomas Haffa set out to build the duck brand. When the German mail-order company Quelle did a 10-page spread in its catalogue that featured Alfred J Kwak apparel for children, EM.TV was on its way."

/André

Postby André » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:27 pm
And Tojo,

because of this you are able to find the complete Kwak-releases in this catalogue.

So I guess yoa all could help me with this.

/André

Postby André » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:30 pm
Tojo,

I also have a Quelle warenschein- reciept on one of my boxes so I know it was sold by this company.

Well, maybe this way I don´t have to buy all the catalogues myself. :)

/André

Postby André » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:51 pm
I still have not found these items in any catalogue so if anyone has one with these I would love a picture from that page.

/André

Postby Tojo » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:28 pm
We've been a Quelle customer fro the past 10 years or so but I've never seen any Kwak products in the catalogues so I assume that Schleich had already stopped producing them by then :-?

Thanks very much for the Quelle information. I don't have any Kwak items but all this background information is fascinating all the same.

:cheers:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Cassiebsg » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:39 pm
André, awsome post! :-D
Thanks a lot, I had no idea that the Kwak thingy was exactly the same as the smurfs accessories. I thought they were just similar and in same scale that they could be used... :pirate:
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby André » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:12 am
No, it is not that easy Tojo, and if the parts would have been in these catalogues it wouldn´t have been so rare to find.

These were probably only sold in the early 1990s and maybe just during a very short period of time. At least some of these parts.

Here is the picture of the warenschein. I can´t figure out what year though. My guess is 0694. Meaning July 1994.

If you look at the productionyears of the supersmurf accessories I would guess around 1993. Could be earlier though.

I will try to find the correct one and also would like the catalogue with this "10-page Spread".

/André
Page 2 of 8

Login