Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 2 of 2

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:29 am
don't forget the praying smurf and praying smurfette

Postby FlamingO » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:07 pm
Thanks for the list, never knew there were quite that many :D

Have seen these a few times on ebay before but never managed to win one yet :wishing: Gardener isn't one of my favourite smurfs but think the pewter version looks great 8) :-D
Postby HandyHarmony » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:58 am
Hello fellow Smurf collectors,

The following is an updated list of PEWTER SMURFS that we know of.
Can anyone add to the list?

(2.0001) Papa - Need
(2.0002) Normal – Need
(2.0004) Shiver - Have
(2.0005) Gold - Have
(2.0008) Spy - Have
(2.0009) Drummer - Have
(2.0011) Laughing - Have
(2.0012) Mechanic - Need
(2.0013) Lute - Need
(2.0014) Sunbather - Need
(2.0015) Earache - Need
(2.0016) Judge - Need
(2.0017) Mirror - Have
(2.0018) Crying - Need
(2.0024) Watchman - Have
(2.0031) Postman Need
(2.0033) Clown w/Base - Have
(2.0033) Clown w/o Base - Have
(2.0034) Smurfette - Need
(2.0036) Hangglider - Have
(2.0037) Doctor - Need
(2.0038) Singer - Need
(2.0039) Mallet - Have
(2.0040) Gift - Need
(2.0046) Emperor - Need
(2.0047) Trumpet - Need
(2.0049) Tennis Star - Need
(2.0051) Bowler - Have
(2.0074) King - Need
(2.0078) Beer - Need
(2.0181) Gargamel w/Net - Need
(2.0214) Baby w/Blocks - Need
(4.0204) Skateboard - Have
(4.0206) Gardener w/Cart & Flower Pot with Leaves - Have
(4.0206) Gardener w/Cart & Flower Pot without Leaves - Have
(4.0502) Kayak (Missing Paddles) – Have
No # Papa w/Camera - Have
No # Jokey w/Fire Cracker - Have

Smurf in Boxing Position - Need
Picnic Table & Seats - Need
Flower on Base - Need
Wheelbarrow w/o Figure - Need

Let's see how many Pewter Pix we can all post, so that those of us
without a complete set, can see what they look like and Dream of
finding them on our Smurf Quests.

2.0046 Emperor added to list...Thanks Gerda. :-D

Happy Smurfing, :dogrun:
Handy & Harmony
New Jersey
USA
email: arennard@yahoo.com

"Smurf Trading is the BLUE thing to do !!!"

Postby Simon X » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:13 am
That are great informations! And your Pewter collection is really great! :D

Postby Simon X » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:03 pm
I just saw this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.de/Zinnfigur-Blei-liege ... dZViewItem

I still don't exactly understand how to identify a pewter smurf...The seller states it is a stannoussmurf...I don't think it is a pewter smurf, isn't it? :-?

Postby Tojo » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:19 pm
Difficult to say Simon. What's wierd is that they call it 'liegender' (lying) smurf but he looks like the gardener to me :o

Mind you the price isn't very high.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:
Postby HandyHarmony » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:03 am
To all our fellow Smurfers,

Attached are pictures of the front & back of our newest Pewter Smurf acquisition. I definately need to use a tripod !!!

We do not think he was made by American Pewter, but very very cute just the same. We won him on Ebay for a mere $3.75 US. :-D

It is hard to see in our pictures, but his Shirt & Hat are Textured. The words “PEWTER” and “PEYO © “ are stamped into his back. The letters ‘P’ and ‘R’ are stamped into the side of his left leg.

Happy Smurfing, :dogrun:

Alan
Handy & Harmony
New Jersey
USA
email: arennard@yahoo.com

"Smurf Trading is the BLUE thing to do !!!"

Postby SmurfingH » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:29 pm
Oh he is cute! :-D

Postby smurfieduck » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:50 pm
Yes, I totally agree with Hilary. He is so cute!! :-D
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby agent smurf » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:04 am
He's very nice indeed. :-D

BTW I'm just trying the read post since last visit thing. Don't panic.

Postby bradley » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:58 pm
Just digging up this thread... I have a question about the pewter smurfs. I've just got back from looking at a shop. They had a lot of character nic nacs like Betty Boop, Mickey Mouse, bobble head figures etc. Newer stuff, no older toys or collectables. Wasn't really worth the trip out there but they did have 4 or 5 pewter smurfs in the window of this shop. Now I don't know much about these so I didn't buy any. Was just strange to find pewter smurfs in a shop in oz. But looking at them I wondered because these smurfs had glitter edges around the smurf hats and other places on the figures. Do the pewter figures have this detailing?? I didn't think they did but maybe they do? I've looked at some photos and can't tell if they do. The figures they had were the king smurf, watchman smurf, beer smurf, postman smurf... and I think there was a 5th.. can't remember now. They were priced at 15AU each or 2 for $25AU. I don't know how much these are worth either... and I now know from reading this thread they were officially licensed. I wasn't sure when i saw them. I don't know if these were fakes coming out of China now.. I should have taken a closer look and picked one up to see if it had any markings.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:57 pm
Brad,
I don't think mine have "glitter edges" :-?
Here are mine..

ImageImage

They can get quite pricey. I know when Rachel was selling hers I was outbidded on most of them except these and the bids went quite high.

I do believe there are fakes out there which are made of a much lighter material. The pewter are very heavy...I knew that before I bought them but was still surprised at their weight went I held them in my hands
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bradley » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:19 pm
thanks Maureen. so maybe these ones I saw are fake. For example with the glitter strips, the postman smurf there had glitter strips around the edges of the envelope, and around the brim of the hat. Not sure about the colour, they may have been lighter. These smurfs looked perfect condition. So I'm guessing the pewter smurfs aren't supposed to have the glitter. Its very noticeable and yours definitely do not have this on them. So I just wasn't sure about the glitter edges on each figure. I can always go back and buy one. I'm not really that interested in these pewter smurfs and if they are fake then I don't really want one anyway. More fakes coming out of China?

Postby astro1 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:03 pm
more pewter, the village was made by the guy that owned American Pewter. No idea what happened to it. It was a one of. Notice the pewter smurf house

Postby astro1 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:03 pm
more

Postby astro1 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:28 pm
more

Postby lilou4460 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:38 am
Just digging up this thread... I have a question about the pewter smurfs. I've just got back from looking at a shop. They had a lot of character nic nacs like Betty Boop, Mickey Mouse, bobble head figures etc. Newer stuff, no older toys or collectables. Wasn't really worth the trip out there but they did have 4 or 5 pewter smurfs in the window of this shop. Now I don't know much about these so I didn't buy any. Was just strange to find pewter smurfs in a shop in oz. But looking at them I wondered because these smurfs had glitter edges around the smurf hats and other places on the figures. Do the pewter figures have this detailing?? I didn't think they did but maybe they do? I've looked at some photos and can't tell if they do. The figures they had were the king smurf, watchman smurf, beer smurf, postman smurf... and I think there was a 5th.. can't remember now. They were priced at 15AU each or 2 for $25AU. I don't know how much these are worth either... and I now know from reading this thread they were officially licensed. I wasn't sure when i saw them. I don't know if these were fakes coming out of China now.. I should have taken a closer look and picked one up to see if it had any markings.

you mean those one

http://www.bevenne.com.hk/index.php?mai ... cts_id=635

I did order some cause there so cute in this webpage they also had the china/belgium statue for a fair price unfortunatly it's sold out ... too late for me also (actually that was a reissued)

lilou

PS : the pewter (fake ?) are wonderful on the picture don't know about the shiny part but they will be in my collection for sure (even if fake)

Postby lilou4460 » Tue May 22, 2012 3:57 am
here they are, no available anymore , they are cute but fake[/img]

Page 2 of 2

Login