Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 2 of 3

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:42 am
Sorry for taking me so long to respond Stephen but I had to clean up all of the drool over the keyboard so I could type again......um....um......yes please :-D I will have th-th-those ones too please.

Seriously though, they are amazing and I can only dream of owning some of the ones I have seen above here. I am such a beginner when it comes to all of these and even if they could be found I doubt I could afford them when the time comes. Maybe one day when I have all of the cheaper ones I will have some money saved up to add these ones too. The problem is that when I do find them they may not be authentic ones like you have. However if you are serious about the offer then I would be too.....but somehow I think I will wake up soon and your post will be nowhere to be found.....no, I just pinched myself and it's still here........ok I have slapped myself a few times and now I know you are joking......I wish the latest batch of drool was a dream though.

King Dyar.....wishful thinker
Postby steveparkes » Mon Aug 16, 2004 4:34 am
I know what you mean, those smurfs are my most cherished possessions, they cost me my smurfy limits..they are the most expensive smurfs I have ever bought, but I love them :D

I haven't bought any smurfs recently as I am on a bit of a savings spree, but I am still trying to hunt out those elusive rugby smurfs in light blue, green and black..I will get them...they will be mine..you hear me smurfs..there's no point running :D :D :D

Stephen.
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk
Postby attombomb7 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:54 am
Hi Steven and Dyar

yeah I love those smurfs too! they are really great since they are so rare and whimsical as well!..

I have a couple of them the dove,pig and golden pig,elephant, but I'm so sure mine are fakes...cause I got mine on Ebay..without the certificates..

where these look awesome!!! that golden one looks amazing.! and PapA!! wow

Attom

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:04 pm
Hi Stephen & Attom....how's it all going?

Yes I would love the Rugby players too.....I would love it more if they had a Wallaby Rugby smurf.......I would think it would be even more imperative if they had a Kangaroo League smurf......now that would be something that would replace Syd to the smurf scrap heap.

fickle Dyar

Postby Rachel » Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:47 pm
Hi Dyar, I always wondered why there is no rugby smurf with Aussie colours. I have to admit, for a while I wasn't sure if I had actually seen one but having searched high and low and asked many questions I don't believe there was ever one released.

Oh Stephen, how I would love a SCCI collection like yours. 8)
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:27 pm
I now have a copy of all of those rare smurfs above and I saved lots of dollars too. I colour photocopied then all and I will stick them inconspicously in and around my village. I will take a photo of them soon (from a distance mind you) and then I will be able to boast the best collection in the world......did I post that out aloud?......drats.

Postby D'LAGO » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:18 am
I stopped collecting variations. I'm selling a couple of my variations and I've sold a lot of yet.
I'll collect only Smurf-A-Grams, musical clocks, podests with cards and new normal Smurfs.
Of course almost all Super Smurfs, Anniversary Smurfs and "Geschlumpfe"-Sets are in my collection, too.
Have a smurfy day

Daniel

Postby smurf1303 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:26 am
I love varients too, I have err I dunno maybe 200 variants. I tend just to cry and collect variants of smurfs I really like. I have most of the policeman & baby with blocks which are some of my favourites although I've not been able to get baby with pink or blue babygrows yet... no day.

Agree with all the comments about attom's village. most most impressed. and it would be way cool to see some of your canvas art work.

btw does anyone have the ebay link for the biscuit smurf you were referring it, it was one of the first I bought as a kid and beyond the bully/schleicht versions had no idea there were others so would love to see,

Cheers

Helen
Postby attombomb7 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:44 am
hi! thanks Helen! your collection sounds really great too!..wow alot of variations! I can see how fun that is..its like rare treasures when you find one..

Its sort of how I collect too..I like the smurfs or fakes that are not that common..and when you see one..for $1. or $40. it's always exciting!

Attom :D
Postby attombomb7 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:47 am
I stopped collecting variations. I'm selling a couple of my variations and I've sold a lot of yet.
I'll collect only Smurf-A-Grams, musical clocks, podests with cards and new normal Smurfs.
Of course almost all Super Smurfs, Anniversary Smurfs and "Geschlumpfe"-Sets are in my collection, too.

Hi daniel!

yeah I noticed for some time now that you are focusing your collecting.

so I was curious about why?? you chose smurf-a-grams? is it because they are not that well documented?/ and there are lots of goodies out there?? and why not variations??

Postby D'LAGO » Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:16 am
I love Smurf-A-Grams with that combination of a sweet Smurf and a nice text on the Sockel, which fits perfectly together.

I stopped collecting variations because of the following reasons:
1. It gets too much, no room for more of them.
2. More and more fakes (but I have to say: In my collection there's no fake!)
3. Especially the color variations of Rugby and Soccer Smurfs are often faked.
4. My other hobby costs money enough, too. ;-)
Have a smurfy day

Daniel

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:46 am
Hi Daniel

I can understand the frustration as far as fakes go. If you are after the authentic versions and are willing to pay the market price for them then it is hard sometimes to tell whether they are real or not and that can be frustrating.

I think Attom would have the opposite problem and I can just imagine Attom saying..."What do you mean these are authentic...I was under the impression they were fake and you didn't mention anything about these being authentic in the ad. You should have told me that these were not fakes before I paid you....I want my money back you dodgy seller". Actually I am sure Attom would sound nothing like that and I will cease trying to impersonate him from now on.....I promise Attom. :sad:

Dyar
Postby attombomb7 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:15 pm
Hey Daniel!

I guess its great that you have connected so much with the smurf o grams... they are a challange to get too!

and I can see if someone is collecting real rare smurfs that it's truly frustrating to get fake reproductions, etc.. especially since they do such a good job on them.

for me its all ok since I collect fakes..but I hate it when they sell a fake

pretending its real! and people are paying huge dollars for it thinking its real..!! :-D :-D

I did try to collect some smurf o grams as well , but there are many more available in Europe..and many more language ones ..and $$$ pricey.. for me being way out in Toronto..

Dyar is right!! I do do the opposite..I hate it if I buy a smurf thinking its real and its a fake!! : :D

luckily we all collect smurfs...and in a variety of ways!

I love fakes mostly cause its a challange to collect something no one has really focused on ..so I can be more of a expert one day I hope!
on something..!

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:24 pm
What do you mean one day Attom? If I need info on fakes then I know who I would be calling first.

Actually it's not just fakes either as you seem to have quite a wide knowledge base on all types of smurfy areas as well.

Dyar

PS - Where did the first smurf come from Attom?
Postby attombomb7 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:00 pm
stork!

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:02 pm
Hee hee, excellent response! :D
Postby attombomb7 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:04 pm
outer space.:lol:.they are really aliens from thousands of years ago! and only Peyo discovered them one night while high on mushrooms in the 1950's
when he tripped and fell on a mushroom while out for a stroll!~

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:25 pm
Okay Attom you have earned a new title in front of your name....would you prefer Dr, Professor, Sir.....King.......I have added a new title at the beginning of my name which is Ms.....I just wish my voice would suit my new title though.....anyway it's just a trail run for me and I can always go back as I know Mrs Dyar was just joking when she said they can't put it back on...that would be terrible if it was true.

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:18 pm
This is how daft my smurf collecting habits are, look at what I won on ebay!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5915296962

Postby attombomb7 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:34 pm
Okay Attom you have earned a new title in front of your name....would you prefer Dr, Professor, Sir.....King.......I have added a new title at the beginning of my name which is Ms.....I just wish my voice would suit my new title though.....anyway it's just a trail run for me and I can always go back as I know Mrs Dyar was just joking when she said they can't put it back on...that would be terrible if it was true.
hmmmm that title sure sounds sweet!! how about w@nker??? or holyier then thow?? or ???????? bleep bleep! hehehe

emperor?? hehehe I guess I will stick to Attom..:lol:

Page 2 of 3

Login