Home of the Smurf Community

Find all the news and rumours about the Smurf movie here
Page 1 of 1
Postby Gerda » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:02 am
Mr movie guy from the cnn robin meade show did not like the smurf movie. so far most movies that he says are bad I actually really enjoy so :bah:

has anyone else heard any reviews?
happily smurfing along

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:20 am
I don't expect many to like the movie...I think smurfs are too simplistic for most reviewers who seem to look for a meaning in every movie..and just can't get the fact that movies should be enjoyed :o
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:21 am
I'm not surprised by the reviewers.....they're too special to like anything cool like the Smurfs. Who cares what this dork thinks......the movie wasn't made for him to enjoy.

Dyar

Postby Tojo » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:12 am
I don't expect many to like the movie...I think smurfs are too simplistic for most reviewers who seem to look for a meaning in every movie..and just can't get the fact that movies should be enjoyed :o
I think you're right Maureen. I think you have to go to the film thinking 'I'm going to watch something harmless & funny & am going to have a fun time'. That's what I'm going to do anyway - shame I have to wait until 04.08. until the film reaches beer & sausage land :???:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Tintin » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:58 am
HI

So, one bad revieuw ??? Who cares ............ not me :-D

Tintin

Postby ThirstySmurf » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:50 am
To me, it seems like most of the reviewers wrote their reviews without actually seeing the movie. They complain that this type of movie is derivative and follows basic formula. However, the irony is that if you read all their reviews one after the other, you soon learn the meaning of derivative. Movie critics are a dying breed. Their opinions no longer sway movie goers, so they have to form an elitist front. They are afraid to endorse anything whose sole purpose is to entertain. Instead they insult the average movie goer who might find any interest in a Smurfs movie.

I expected scathing reviews of this movie. Several critics have used the word tortuous. One went as far as saying that adults would question their own existence as well as life on this planet. It really is a bit extreme. It is as if they take the movie more seriously than most of us. I believe that most critics are afraid to say anything at all positive about the movie in fear that they won't be considered a "real" movie critic.

Plus, having followed the developments of this movie for almost a decade, we all have heard these criticisms of the Smurfs movie well before it even was being made. "Raping my childhood." "It won't have the same heart as the cartoon." "Hollywood just wants to make money." As I said, these reviews were written without even seeing the movie. One of the biggest insults in most of these reviews is the insinuation that parents are being punished by taking their kids to a movie they would enjoy. This implies that parents have a general antipathy towards their own children and anything they might enjoy. I'm sure my mom didn't enjoy the endless hours of Smurf cartoons, but she never let me know otherwise.

I saw the movie last night at a midnight showing, and I thought the movie had heart and was very enjoyable. Some reviewers have discovered the same thing in the movie. In the end, I'm very pleased with the Smurfs movie. I felt reconnected to my childhood, and I am glad that these characters are enjoying a new life with another generation.

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:04 pm
Excellent post ThirstySmurf :D I couldn't have said it any better.

I used to know a few music reviewers and in a few conversations with me they basically admitted they copy the opinions of others because they don't want to lose credibility by saying something uncool is good. My arguement was that the best reviewers are the honest ones who are willing to openly say what they really felt regardless of what their peers said. I was personally disgusted by what they said and they lost a lot of credibility as far as I was concerned. I'm sure these critics are not alone with that attitude and therefore are just derivative as ThirstySmurf said above. I also agree that movie critics are obsolete. Personally, if they don't like many movies then they really should get a different job or just Smurf Off !!

The local reviewer here was also very negative and could possibly persuade some parents from not taking their children to see the film. The headline was "Thin plot with little creativity makes for smurfless 'Smurfs'". The 1 star review went on to say:

"The Smurfs is the smurfiest movie I've ever smurfed. No, wait. That sounds too positive. How about, "I wouldn't smurf Gosnell's "The Smurfs" on my smurfiest enemy." There, that's better."

"This movie also deserves such a moniker. I nominate Obnoxious Smurf, Dopey Smurf, Idiotic Smurf or some other Smurf not to be named here, given the film's fondness for revolting toilet jokes.

And so parents, be warned: Unlike family films produced by Pixar, "The Smurfs" will only appeal to a pre-adolescent audience."

"....hatch a paper-thin plot..."

Dyar

PS: to the reviewer....... :o

Postby Tracker Smurf » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:09 pm
Read a review...saw the movie... Liked it so who cares whaqt the critics say.

Postby Tintin » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:06 am
Hi

Yesterday i got the Veronica tv guide.
There is always a section about movies ................
4 out of 5 stars for the smurfmovie and a vey nice story !!

Tintin

Postby smurfer » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:17 am
Today, in a Dutch newspaper:

"Smurf Movie for kids only"

They wrote that the movie is too childish for "older people" ... :eek: :knackered: :shock: :-? :banghead:

Ofcourse I don't agree, and will never smurf them ... :neener:

Postby Wandy » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:03 am
Don't worry, Ron :cool: they don't know, that for us " Smurfs nuts" we not use the number at the right side in our age :cheers:

Wandy :witch:

Postby Lia » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:28 am
I usually try to ignore the number on the left side Wandy :lol:

Lia
Page 1 of 1

Login