Home of the Smurf Community

Find all the news and rumours about the Smurf movie here
Page 3 of 11

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:29 am
I've pretty much decided to concentrate on the classic look smurfs and not go crazy over the movie ones. I will get the Schleich movie smurfs of course, but I probably will pass on most of everything else that has the movie smurfs on it. I just don't like the look of them and doubt I will ever get used to them.
Brainy and Clumsy are growing on me, probably because they remind me of the original smurfs, but the others just look odd to me.

TinTin, I don't think this will be the new "permanent" look of the smurfs. Once the movie is gone, I think Schleich will go back to the original smurfs
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bwalters » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:27 am
I have to agree with you Smurfowen. The new Smurfs do not have the cuteness that the old one's did. And while I will collect them, as most of us collectors will. There won't be many new Smurf collectors.
P.S. Hopefully this style is just for the Movie realease.
Mr Bill

Postby Tracker Smurf » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:32 pm
I'm thinking this will follow the trend of properties like transformers (especially if the movie is somewhat successful which is likely due to its release date and lack of children's movies in the summer). With transformers they released movie style and classic style toys. Duting movie years it is heavy in movie items but in the off years a little more of a classic look. HMMM... I prefer the classic smurfs (and transformers for that matter) but my daughter will probably want anything and everything that has smurfs on it.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:19 am
Do you really think it will be a success, Tracker?

I don't see much excitement about it yet from non smurf collectors, whereas I see a lot of excitement about the Transformer movie :-?

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Tracker Smurf » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:18 pm
hmmm... not a major success... more in the vien of Chipmunks or Yogi Bear... the glut of merchandise being prepared shows someone somewhere thinks they have that level of hit on their hands. Its interesting to gauge what makes a movie a success...SUperman returnsa made tons of money but the cost doesn't exactly balance out so it is considered a flop... I'm guessing smurfs won't be a major expense to make (computer graphics are not as expensive as they used to be). The late summer release is a strategic placement. Very few summer blockbusters are coming out at that time. A lot of more artsy fair is instead. There are no major children's films out at that time so it become counter programing. I think it will do well enough to be considered a hit. In fact I hope it does well to gaurantee more smurf merchandise in the future (Both classic and movie) Transformers is a whole different story by the way.... the 2nd movie was terrible but came out at a time where people were looking for escapism.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:09 pm
I noticed today that a couple of kids at church brought their transformer toys with them, and I thought to myself "Would it be rude of me to check smurf toys, kids might be bringing to church, for variations?" :o

Hidden in the Woods

Postby bwalters » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:34 pm
Well only if you take them from them. lol I saw a lot of excitement back when Target carried the Smurfs. I think mainly because of placement. When Target had Smurfs they were at about waist level. Kmart on the other hand put them up so high, that if I didn't have an eye for Smurfs I never would have seen them. If you want a house or car they are 7 feet off the ground. The plush and blister packs were 5 to 6 feet. What kid is going to see them. Walmart was a little better but not much. TRU does have them at a pretty good level. I haven't bought a tremendous amount there because I had already bought most of what I needed somewhere else. I did buy 3 of the windmills there and the 5 six packs. Oh and the 50 anniversary Smurfs.
Mr Bill

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:12 am
It's good to see that they are starting to promote the movie a bit more...one of my friends just ping'd me and said there is a smurf marathon on TV today and her 6 year old daughter is watching it. She wasn't aware of the movie yet (she is now :) ) but said her daughter will want to see it.

May have to get her a set of the new smurfs when they come out :smile:

Hidden in the Woods

Postby ThirstySmurf » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:17 pm
A flickr search of "Smurfs toy fair" brings up a lot of the impending movie tie-ins.

http://www.flickr.com/search/?s=rec&ss= ... air&m=text

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:33 pm
I like the beanies....Azrael is really weird though :eek:

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Tintin » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:51 pm
Hi Maureen

Well i have to get use to some smurfs to.
Some look like Gremlins :-D

I am really curious how the movie is going to be ......

Tintin

Postby Tojo » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:51 pm
OMG OMG :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm going to have to get one of those scot plush smurfies & the stamps are pretty cool. The smurf cottage set thingy looks intersting as well. I bet none of this stuff is available in europe :(
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:35 pm
If those won't be available in Germany, let me know....I owe you a favor :winks:

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Azrael » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:54 am
Hi guys!

I can't upload the file pics as they are too massive. I keep trying but it's exceeding the file size. Hils used to change it for me.

Maureen, please feel free to take the pics direct from BSCC site and upload them. Didn't want to go about it the wrong way but here are the new playsets/blister packs.

Awful.

http://www.britishcollectorsclub.com/ph ... ?f=6&t=230
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby Tracker Smurf » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:17 am
Are those jakks smurfs...they sure look like jakks smurfs.

Postby Tracker Smurf » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:24 am
Never mind checked out all the photos and they are indeed Jakks smurfs.... I'm more excited about these than the schleich ones to be honest...it says there will be 18 single carded smurfs and 24 through the 2 packs and with variants to boot.... Thanks for posting the links everyone.

Postby Tracker Smurf » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:28 am
ooo...and decorate your own smurf....

Postby bradley » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:01 am
nice to see the toys that will be coming out for the movie. I think I'll grab all plush & just the basic set of figures from play along. Can't go overboard on every smurf item relating to the movie. I do like the new look of the smurfs as its different.

Postby Tojo » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:03 am
If those won't be available in Germany, let me know....I owe you a favor :winks:
Thanks Maureen :hug: When are you planning to come over?
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:17 am
I'll be over in Germany April 8th - 14th ... a bit too soon for the new smurfs but for all other purposes it worked out to be better this way :)

Hidden in the Woods

Page 3 of 11

Login