Home of the Smurf Community

Find all the news and rumours about the Smurf movie here
Page 1 of 2
Postby PVCBlue » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:59 am
http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/new ... 6_ST_N.htm

First look: 'The Smurfs' hitting the Big Apple, in 3-D, in 2011

By Anthony Breznican, USA TODAY
The Smurfs are three apples tall, according to creator Peyo.

Of course, that doesn't mean much in the Big Apple.

A live-action comedy about the little blue forest-dwellers is being shot in New York, and here is a first peek at the formerly 2-D Grouchy, Papa and Clumsy, reimagined through computer animation and eventual 3-D projection. A trailer makes its debut Thursday on Yahoo.com; the film arrives in August 2011.

Until now, the Smurfs have existed only in the Middle Ages among knights, kings and wizards, such as their nemesis Gargamel (played by Hank Azaria) and his cat Azrael.

During the opening scene, set in that original time, Gargamel discovers the Smurfs' magical village and scatters them into the woods. "Unfortunately, Clumsy goes the wrong way into a forbidden grotto where a few other Smurfs follow," says director Raja Gosnell (Scooby-Doo). "Because it's a blue moon, there's a magical portal that transports them to Central Park."

Returning home is more complicated as Gargamel pursues them. The trio pictured — along with Smurfette, Brainy and a new character, the brave-to-a-fault Gutsy — take refuge with a husband and wife (Neil Patrick Harris and Glee's Jayma Mays).

Eating the Smurfs was always Gargamel's unfulfilled goal, but that's one idea the filmmakers decided to scrap. "We all wondered whether we would be making a family version of Sweeney Todd," jokes producer Jordan Kerner (Charlotte's Web). Now, Gargamel simply wants to capture the Smurfs to serve as charms, whose mystical essence will make his inept magic more powerful — and dangerous.

You'll see the Smurfs "as fully living, breathing creatures," Gosnell says. "They're little mammals. They're vulnerable little creatures in our big modern world."

Heart is important in the film, but also a sense of humor. The Smurfs are so sweet and innocent that their clash with cynical city life was devised to provide some contrast and edge.

Dad and Mom may be amused by the out-of-the-mouths-of-babes naiveté of the characters, who speak the blunt truth that little kids sometimes do. "They see (Harris) putting on a tie, and wonder whether it's a leash. Then they think he's a merchant of beautiful cloth, or that he deals in sales — as in 'sail' boats," Kerner says. "He has to admit he wears it because everyone else wears it, and that's not something they understand."
"Smurfs, Smurfs, and More Smurfs!"

Postby Azrael » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:01 am
TRAILER DEBUT THURSDAY!!!

Now that should be interesting!

Great find mate! :-D
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby Azrael » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:00 am
Also, it does interest me that only 6 Smurfs make it to New York.. thought they could have made a meal of putting 100 there?
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby bradley » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:01 am
look forward to the trailer. Thought it would be too early for a trailer already... probably will just be a short teaser made specifically for a trailer... that photo is probably from the trailer I'm guessing. Those cgi smurfs look great though. Not to sure about them changing Gargamels motives for catching smurfs. They could have went with the alternative of turning them to gold instead of eating them.

Postby lobo » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:17 am
I´m glad that only 6 smurfs travel to New York.This way they will only make 6 figures from the movie instead of hundreds as usual.
Well, I think I´m being a bit naïf...

Postby bradley » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:25 am
so with 6 smurfs crossing over to New York... I'm guessing the movie will show the other smurf characters in their world trying to figure out a way to save the missing 6 & help get them back. As there are voice actors for other characters.

Postby André » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:51 pm
Trailer!!!!! :-D
André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Postby Tojo » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:34 pm
This is really interesting news & I'm looking forward to seeing the upcoming trailer / teaser.

I like the look of those 3D smurfies & am starting to think that this could be a good film after all.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:42 pm
I am already wondering for how much those stand in smurfs will go on ebay :) :)

Looking forward to seeing the teaser trailer soon :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby PVCBlue » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:23 pm
Here is the trailer on youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RJ-UcxPk78

Postby bradley » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:01 pm
oh yes, I wonder if any of the stand in dolls will be sold at auction after the film. That will be something to keep an eye out for. Wonder what they are made from. But that would be a cool prop from the movie to own.

Postby PVCBlue » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:25 am
oh yes, I wonder if any of the stand in dolls will be sold at auction after the film. That will be something to keep an eye out for. Wonder what they are made from. But that would be a cool prop from the movie to own.
I need to call my brother-in-law who works in the special effects industry in hollywood and see if he can get me one, one of his best friends is the art director on the movie!

Hmmm, now who do I want? Jokey, Gutsy, Grouchy, Clumsy, Papa, Smurfette? or maybe all of them?? LOL!!

:)

Postby smurfowen » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:20 pm
look forward to the trailer. Thought it would be too early for a trailer already... probably will just be a short teaser made specifically for a trailer... that photo is probably from the trailer I'm guessing. Those cgi smurfs look great though. Not to sure about them changing Gargamels motives for catching smurfs. They could have went with the alternative of turning them to gold instead of eating them.
Smurfowen
Life is a journey, so enjoy the ride.
Postby smurfowen » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:59 pm
Now dont say I dont give you anything. lol :lol:

Smurfowen
Postby smurfowen » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:01 pm
Dont say I dont give you anything

Smurfowen
Postby smurfowen » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:02 pm
Never seen before

Smurfowen

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:51 pm
Not sure what it is, but those CGI smurfs above are somehow creeping me out :eek:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby smurfowen » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:07 pm
Not sure what it is, but those CGI smurfs above are somehow creeping me out :eek:
I love smurf, but i felt the same.

Grouchy If you look long enough starts to resemble Shrek.
Secondly, where does Gutsy smurf come from?
Smurfette looks like a blue human
Brainy looks like a smurfling
Lets not go to Papa....
Smurfowen

Postby Tracker Smurf » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:33 pm
I like them...clumsy is cute...Gutsy kind of scare me though

Postby Gerda » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:23 am
brainy reminds me of one of the chipmunks, something about his eyes.

gutsy don't know about and i'm not sure about smurfette either. but I think grumpy is perfect!
happily smurfing along
Page 1 of 2

Login