Home of the Smurf Community

Find all the news and rumours about the Smurf movie here
Page 3 of 4

Postby Tojo » Sat May 22, 2010 12:14 pm
Those directors chairs are very nice like Maureen pointed out :-D

I hope that the worker who had the accident hasn't hurt himself too badly & that he hasn't got any lasting disability...

I'd also like to say a big thank you to Brad for keeping us informed with what's happening concerning the film :D Cheers :cheers:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby bradley » Mon May 24, 2010 4:26 am
I'd like a directors chair as well! Yeah I receive google alerts to news articles on the smurfs. So just sharing what I can. Keep us all informed. The more I see now, the more excited I'm getting for this film. Few months ago I hated the whole idea of a smurfs film.. being live action, etc etc. But Hank Azaria just looks amazing as Gargamel.

And just saw in the new aus TV Week magazine today it has a small article with 2 photos on the smurfs movie. These 2 photos I hadn't seen before. Great shot of Azaria holding smurf beanies, hehe. Just scanned it, here it is:

Postby bradley » Sun May 30, 2010 6:36 am
I read in the newspaper today an interview with Katy Perry where it mentions she is mid-way through recording her voice for the smurfs movie.

Postby bwalters » Sun May 30, 2010 7:31 am
Maybe I just missed something. Moey mentioned she wouldn't mind getting her hands on one of those chairs. Right before her comment there was a posting about someone falling from a lift. This was probibly not a chair, but either a Cherry picker or one of those sissor type lifts.
On another note falling 30 feet to concrete is normally deadly. We had a man fall through a roof last week to concrete and died. He got his teather line caught on something so he unhooked it to get it untangled then fell.
Mr Bill

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun May 30, 2010 12:07 pm
I was refering to these chairs, Bill :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bwalters » Sun May 30, 2010 1:50 pm
OH My bad. I didn't see them in there. Yea those are neat. I'll take one too.
Mr Bill

Postby bradley » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:06 am
this is cool. more photos of filming with the smurf stand in figures. Plus we see the Smurfette model.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... ds-newsxml

Postby bradley » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:12 am
oh, and that fashion guy, I really have no idea who he is. I just know I watched an American reality show a few times that he is in while I was in Belgium because it was a show that was in english on the tv, ha.

Postby stampysmurf » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:42 pm
Thanks for posting the pictures! I'm really starting to look forward to this movie!!! :D

Postby Cassiebsg » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:04 pm
Is it just me, or does Gargamel look out of place in this modern day movie? Then again, maybe it's the smurfs that are out of place... :) :) :) Or there's something in the plot that "transports" these medieval figures into our times. :D
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:43 pm
I think the story line is that Gargamel chases the smurfs and all of them accidentially land in today's New York. That would explain his outfit...that and the fact that nobody is out of place in NYC. :)

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby cal78 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:32 pm
So Eventually this movie is a Smurf Version of the Disney Movie Enchanted, as that is what it seems to Me, am i wrong on saying this. Just One question, Where is Vanity.

Postby bradley » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:24 am
yeah I'm becoming more excited the more I see. Here are a couple of videos of filming:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_v0mzOF82c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhjIC1CcDHg

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:23 pm
Great find, Brad....thanks for posting. It looks like Gargamel will be stealing the show in this movie :) :)

Hidden in the Woods

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:03 am
Great info to catch up on. That fashion guy is from Project Runway - never watched it but I see commercials for it all the time. I thought he was just a voice and not an actor though.
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Gerda » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:53 am
Great info to catch up on. That fashion guy is from Project Runway - never watched it but I see commercials for it all the time. I thought he was just a voice and not an actor though.
his name is tim gunn.
It does sound like the plot to enchanted.. lets hope it's a better movie than that :)
happily smurfing along

Postby cal78 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:24 pm
obviously it will be a better Movie then Enchanted, It Has Smurfs in It.

Postby lordsmurf » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:12 am
Reminds me of the Disney movie Jungle 2 Jungle, or whatever it was called.
Take some kid out of the jungle, put him in NYC. It's ridiculous.

Of all the stories to tell, Smurfs in NYC. :-?

That's Hollywood for you -- just regurgitate the same stories.
CN Announcer: "Why are the Smurfs blue?"
Grouchy Smurf: "We're not! We're green! Adjust your TV!"

Postby Nivid » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:09 pm
I agree with you! Dried up Hollywood!!!!!
Nivid :hiya:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:22 pm
I haven't looked forward to this movie until I saw pictures of the "real-life" Gargamel and how close they seem to keep him to the original cartoons.

I don't think this movie would have any chance of making money if they kept the smurfs in the woods of the middle ages and pretty much would make the movie an extended cartoon episode. Bringing it to NYC thru a time capsule sounds not like a bad idea at all (I've never seen Enchanted) and may make the movie a success if they manage to keep the charm of the smurfs we fell in love with as children.

I don't think today's children will go and watch a smurf movie as they have their own heros....however, everybody I know who is in my generation remembers the smurfs, and while they may not go to the movies to watch a cartoon...they may go to the movies to watch the smurfs in today's world. :D

It is obvious to see that the producers are putting a lot more thought into the movie than many of us first anticipated..so let's not dismiss the movie before it's even released...let's support it..and hold our judgement until we actually have seen it :D

Hidden in the Woods

Page 3 of 4

Login