Home of the Smurf Community

Find all the news and rumours about the Smurf movie here
Page 2 of 4

Postby bradley » Sat May 01, 2010 6:25 am
The first images from the filming of the smurfs movie are out! Look at Hank Azaria as Gargamel! He actually looks great!

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun May 02, 2010 6:26 am
They are staying pretty close to the cartoon character of Gargamel....I like how he looks :cheers:

I am starting to believe this movie will happen :) :) :)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Gerda » Mon May 03, 2010 12:05 pm
I agree they made gargy out to look pretty good. And the fact that they are actually shooting the movie makes it sound more and more like it could happen :-D
happily smurfing along

Postby bradley » Tue May 11, 2010 6:48 am
more photos on set of the smurfs movie:

http://www.accidentalsexiness.com/2010/ ... ck-harris/

http://www.gossipcenter.com/sofia-verga ... set-360734

Azrael!

And an interview with Alan Cumming on voicing 'Gutsy Smurf':
You’re voicing Gutsy Smurf in the upcoming Smurfs movie. Was he your first choice Smurf?
I didn’t know Gutsy Smurf, or if he has a long history. But it’s nice because he’s Scottish and in a kilt. I’ve been in doing the voice stuff, and they let you ad-lib a little bit. I’ve been putting in old Scottish words that I don’t think anyone’s heard in many years. So I’m quite excited about reintroducing Scottish insults. “Numptie” is a word I’ve used a few times. “You big numptie.”
and filming location: May 11th The Smurfs Movie is filming in Prospect Park, Brooklyn through Wednesday.

Postby Azrael » Tue May 11, 2010 7:52 am
Surely that must be some random cat!? I hope that's not Azrael! Oh dear...

Azrael is the only animal/creature that I could see being CGI along with the Smurfs.

Incidentally.. I was thinking the other day... I hope they stick to the '100 Smurfs plus Papa, baby and Smurfette' rule and not have lots of Grannie and Grandad/teenager Smurfs.

Thoughts?
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue May 11, 2010 8:19 am
Why do you not like the cat, Al? :o

They seem to be creating new smurfs ( never heard of Gutsy) but I think if they had Grandpa and Nanny in there, we would have heard of the actors who lend them their voices so they may not be in the movie.

I always considered the smurflings as part of the 100 smurfs because they used to be grown smurfs so if they are included in the movie, I wouldn't mind too much :-?

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby PVCBlue » Tue May 11, 2010 1:56 pm
.... I think if they had Grandpa and Nanny in there, we would have heard of the actors who lend them their voices so they may not be in the movie.
The voice actor who did Grandpa Smurf (Jonathan Winters) is in the movie, he is doing Papa Smurf :D
"Smurfs, Smurfs, and More Smurfs!"

Postby steveparkes » Wed May 12, 2010 1:30 am
Hmm, Azrael looks a little odd as just a generic ginger cat and a Scottish smurf!?! in the words of Han Solo 'I have a really bad feeling about this' :(
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby bradley » Wed May 12, 2010 7:47 am
I think Azrael is supposed to be given CGI facial expressions.. that would make sense because she's not a little cute ranga kitty, and definitely has her own personality/character, not just a generic cat. They'll do something I'm sure. Here is another of those photos. I think they've done well to find a cat that sort of looks like Azrael.

Here is some more casting for Chef and Baker smurf. Why the heck they have to split Greedy Smurf into 3 different characters is disappointing. Never heard of these voice actors..
Chef Wolfgang Puck has been cast as the voice actor for Chef Smurf and actor B.J. Novak is doing the voice for Baker Smurf in the upcoming film The Smurfs, scheduled for an August 2011 release.

The Smurf universe is a little confusing: The original comics are different from the cartoon series which then also differ from the toys. In the animated cartoon series, Chef Smurf and Greedy Smurf were merged into one character. Also, Baker Smurf never appeared in the cartoon series. But the names seem to be interchangeable, so it makes it even more confusing. Smurf smurf smurf

Postby Azrael » Wed May 12, 2010 8:24 am
The website is prob ill informed. I think they'll have Wolfgang as Chef and Novak as greedy. Makes sense that way..

At least they are keeping it somehwhat comic faithful. Can't see the point in there being TWO chefs?
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby PVCBlue » Wed May 12, 2010 1:53 pm
The website is prob ill informed. I think they'll have Wolfgang as Chef and Novak as greedy. Makes sense that way..

At least they are keeping it somehwhat comic faithful. Can't see the point in there being TWO chefs?
In the original comics there was Cook Smurf and Greedy Smurf, Cook ofcourse did all the cooking, and Greedy ate everything he could get his hands on! LOL!! The 2 were combined into one character for the Hanna Barbera Cartoon series. :D
"Smurfs, Smurfs, and More Smurfs!"

Postby eggie smurf » Fri May 14, 2010 10:35 pm
Never heard of these voice actors..
Chef Wolfgang Puck has been cast as the voice actor for Chef Smurf and actor B.J. Novak is doing the voice for Baker Smurf in the upcoming film The Smurfs, scheduled for an August 2011 release.
They aren't regular voice actors - Wolfgang is a famous chef with tv shows and restaurants here in American. B.J. Novak is Ryan on "The Office". I like how they keep adding so many famous people to be in the movie - at least folks will go to see them (or hear them) even if they aren't into the Smurfs.
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby bradley » Tue May 18, 2010 6:42 am
The Smurfs Movie is filming overnight on 58th Street between 6th and 5th Avenues, NYC through Friday.

Postby bradley » Thu May 20, 2010 5:08 am
look at these! The little smurf stand-in figures from filming of the movie!

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/-the-s ... pics-10019
A trusted anonymous source has provided Latino Review with some behind the scenes spy photos of the stand in miniatures for "The Smurfs" movie.

According to the source these are minatures for the CGI department.

from the photos it looks like they are filming in a department store...

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu May 20, 2010 6:20 am
Thanks for posting, Brad....somebody may be in trouble for taking these pictures, but I love the first look at the smurfs :) :) :)

They look pretty close to the originals...the more I see and hear about the movie the more excited I get about it. :cheers:

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Tojo » Fri May 21, 2010 1:30 am
Very interesting photos :cheers:

The smurf on the first photo looks like a Scot wearing a kilt. I wonder if he'll have a Scottish accent...
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby bradley » Fri May 21, 2010 2:59 am
Very interesting photos :cheers:

The smurf on the first photo looks like a Scot wearing a kilt. I wonder if he'll have a Scottish accent...
yeah that is the new smurf they've created called Gutsy Smurf... a scottish smurf.

Postby bradley » Sat May 22, 2010 6:39 am
http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00032685.html

'The Smurfs' Production Halted After Set Accident

Production of "The Smurfs" has been put on hold on Thursday, May 20 following an accident happened on the set. According to reports, a worker fell from a set lift which is 30 feet above the ground during the shooting at a top toy store in New York City.

The accident happened at around 6.30 A.M. after the man reportedly worked throughout the night. Paramedics were soon called to the spot and the set worker, whose identity has not been mentioned, was taken to Bellevue Hospital Center. New York Post claims the man is now in stable condition.

When the accident happened, director Raja Gosnell was shooting scenes at FAO Schwarz with Hank Azaria, who portrays villainous Gargamel. There has been no further information released on the news, including when the shooting will resume.
http://gothamist.com/2010/05/21/smurfs_ ... or_nyc.php

Yesterday the production briefly came to a halt, however—reportedly a worker on set took a 30-foot fall from a lift while shooting at FAO Schwarz. This came after 9 hours of shooting a Gargamel/Smurf chase scene in the store, at around 6:30 a.m. The worker is now in stable condition at Bellevue, and it looks like shooting will stay on schedule. Signs are already posted in the East Village, where they'll shoot this weekend—other locations include Cortlandt Alley, the New York Public Library, and next Tuesday, 68th Street and Central Park West.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat May 22, 2010 6:56 am
Wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of those chairs :dream:

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Pitufo » Sat May 22, 2010 7:34 am
Thanks for keeping us informed, Brad...It is fantastic to see all the pics before the film is ready
JOAQUÍN
Page 2 of 4

Login