Home of the Smurf Community

Find all the news and rumours about the Smurf movie here
Page 1 of 7
Postby bradley » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:06 am
I've searched Smurfs movie and found this link to the official Sony Pictures website for "Sverige". It has a coming soon list and if you check the list of links to the right, you'll see The Smurfs listed. It takes you down the page where it shows a blank spot for The Smurfs and says:

SMURFS
(Smurfs) Biopremiär 25 februari 11

http://www.sonypictures.se/doc/upcoming.jsp

Smurfs movie in February 2010 or 2011? 25th Feb 2011.. The date moved forward or backward... I've checked the American Sony Pictures website but can't find any mention of The Smurfs.

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:11 am
That's an interesting topic, Brad. I haven't heard anything lately. Wish it would be released before Christmas 2010 though.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:54 am
Looks like the moved it back once again :???:

The good news is that more and more sources are reporting it :D

It could also mean that the American release will be around Christmas 2010 and the European (which is usually a few months after the US movie release) will be in February :-?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Cool Smurf » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:33 pm
I hope that it comes out around Christmas 2010, too. 8)

Thanks for the link, bradley! :D
Robin, you dog, you- Vanity "The Adventures of Robin Smurf"

Postby bradley » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:34 am
Looks like the moved it back once again :???:

The good news is that more and more sources are reporting it :D

It could also mean that the American release will be around Christmas 2010 and the European (which is usually a few months after the US movie release) will be in February :-?
Yes, you could be right on that. American release will probably be christmas 2010. I have no idea where Sverige?? is but release dates in different countries will be different.

Postby SmurfingH » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:56 am
Sverige is Sweden. :-D

Postby Azrael » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:47 am
2010 would be great... I just hope they make it as an actual movie with a theatre release instead of a cheap 'straight to dvd'.

Cos with theatre films always comes promotional items! :-D
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby André » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:16 am
Then I have to wait 2 years for the movie here in Sweden. :(

/André

Postby Pitufo » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:23 pm
We thought 2008 because of the anniversary...then 2009, 2010...now 2011...I think my grandsons will see the film
JOAQUÍN

Postby bradley » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:54 am
doing another search. Here is an article from ERC Boxoffice about Green Lantern movie having the same release date as The Smurfs in America. News article posted February 24, 2009.
Currently, the film is scheduled to debut the same weekend as Sony's big screen adaptation of the Smurfs. Blue vs. Green. I'm putting my money on green and guessing that blue will find another date that is a lot more smurfy.
http://www.ercboxoffice.com/index.php?p ... ews_id=114

Postby bradley » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:54 am
Just found a website listing Australian movie releases. The Smurfs are down for 1st January 2011. http://barinya.com/australia/Movie_Rele ... tralia.htm Very bottom of that list.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:27 pm
This fits with the scheduled US release of Christmas 2010.

Pretty neat to hear the release dates of other countries...who knows..we may get the movie after all :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bradley » Fri May 15, 2009 10:37 pm
This photo I just found on Flickr, it is tagged Sony Pictures Studio.
Looks like the studio have some plush on display with a poster.
Isn't that one of those giant Trudi plush smurfs?? I want one! :-D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/extracredi ... 526440069/

Postby eggie smurf » Sat May 16, 2009 12:10 am
Awesome, Brad...thanks for posting that. I'm kinda bummed though as I had to cancel a trip to Hollywood at the end of April. It would have been nice to see the Sony Studios with the smurfs there :banghead:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Michelle » Sat May 16, 2009 12:32 am
Nice to see, Brad!
I love this Biggest Trudi of the world! :D

Big hug
Michelle
SUNDAY the 12th of October 2014!! Save the date!!! The 7th edition of Blue Paradise!!!!

Blue Paradise

Postby bwalters » Sat May 16, 2009 5:32 am
Just asking Staci. Had you seen that display would we have to gather up bail money for you. :) :)
Mr Bill

Postby Azrael » Sat May 16, 2009 8:17 am
The Smurfs have been nabbed by Sony and will indeed be out Xmas 2010 in America and Feb 2011 in Europe/rest of the world.

Looks like they are starting to announce it and push some promo stuff early for the hype! GREAT!
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby Cool Smurf » Sat May 16, 2009 1:42 pm
That's a real cool display for the Smurfs, bradley! :D
Robin, you dog, you- Vanity "The Adventures of Robin Smurf"

Postby stampysmurf » Mon May 18, 2009 6:34 pm
I can hardly wait!!

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue May 19, 2009 3:46 am
Awwww what a wonderful display. :smitten: Thanks for always finding out the latest news, Brad. :D
Page 1 of 7

Login