Home of the Smurf Community

Contests, quizzes and smurf games.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:22 am
Same deal as before with the Brit/European quizz except this one features all American bands. There is one band for each letter of the alphabet except for the letters – I, J, Q, X, Y

1. “You pretend you’re high, you pretend you’re bored. You pretend you’re anything, just to be adored.”

2. “While you were sitting home alone at age 13, your real Daddy was dying, sorry you didn’t see him, but I’m glad we talked.”

3. “Who’s gonna pay attention, to your dreams. Who’s gonna plug their ears, when you scream.”

4. “Where can you find pleasure, search the world for treasure. Learn science technology, where can you begin to make your dreams all come true.”

5. “Never gonna stop, give it up, such a dirty mind. I always get it up for the touch of the younger kind.”

6. “And you may ask yourself, this is not my beautiful house. And you may ask yourself, this is not my beautiful wife.”

7. “She said I’ll show you how to fax in the mail room honey, and have you back by five.”

8. “New blood joins this earth, and quickly he’s subdued. Through constant pained disgrace, the young boy learns the rules.”

9. “She's got hair down to her fanny. She's kinda jet set, try undo her panties.”

10. “So I called up the Captain, ’Please bring me my wine’. He said ‘We haven’t had that spirit here, since 1969.”

11. “Somebody once told me, the world is gonna roll me, I ain’t the sharpest tool in the shed.”

12. “Make me over, I’m all I wanna be. Walking sturdy, in demonology.”

13. “What have we done to innocence, it disappeared with time it never made much sense. Adolescent resident, wasting another night planning my revenge.”

14. “Tommy used to work on the docks, union’s been on strike, he’s down on his luck it’s tough, so tough.”

15. “You know it’s kind of hard just to get along today, our subject isn’t cool but he fakes it anyway.”

16. “I, hate the rain and sunny weather…and I, hate the beach and mountains too. And I don’t like a thing about the city, no, no…and I, I, I, hate the country side too.”

17. “Don’t you think I know exactly where I stand. This world is forcing me to hold your hand.”

18. “If you think that I’m a loser, well you suck, cause you know I ain’t nothing but a user of your love.”

19. “Sidewalk crouches at her feet, like a dog that begs for something sweet. Do you hope to make her see you fool? Do you hope to pluck this dusty jewel?

20. “That’s great, it starts with an earthquake, birds and snakes, an aeroplane and Lenny Bruce is not afraid.”

21. “How she picked you up from a line up in a in a downtown Philadelphia, with a cigarette hanging out of your mouth and Henry Miller in your back pocket.”

Postby Fram » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:25 am
6. Talking Heads, "Once in a lifetime"
10. Eagles, "Hotel California"
15. Offspring, "Pretty fly for a white guy"
16. Ugly Kid Joe, "Everything about you"
20. REM, "It's the end of the world as we know it"

:D
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:32 am
yeah, this is harder Dyar, much Harder, i only knew number 6 ! well done to Fram for getting so many !

:-D :beer:

Postby SA Smurfette » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:28 am
2. Pearl Jam Alive
5. My Sharona ?
6.Talking Heads Once in a life time
10.Eagles Hotel California
11. Off Shrek :)

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:36 am
I am useless at lyrics. I'm one of these people that makes the words up as I go along. :) :) :)

Or maybe I just have no taste in music? :) :)

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:18 am
They are all correct so far....you guys are pretty good at this as I thought it might be too hard or might not of crossed over well in some territories......feel free to give me a music quizz back so I can test how much I have forgotten since becoming a smurfer :-?

Postby XoioX2000 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:24 am
1) Garbage - Stupid Girl!!!!!
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:20 pm
6) Love in an elevator = Aerosmith

14) Livin on a prayer = Bon Jovi

19) Hello I Love You = The Doors

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:31 pm
4) In The Navy = Village People

18) Push Th' Little Daisies = Ween

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:43 pm
I remember it now!!!

1986 I think, I'm better with years. :) :) (Probably got that wrong now!)

Quite often I remember them by who I was smooching with at the time (although you can't really smooch to Bon Jovi, although I bet Mr Locksmith knows the person I associate this song with :) :) :) )

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:46 pm
3. “Who’s gonna pay attention, to your dreams. Who’s gonna plug their ears, when you scream.”
Ooo I got one!!!

Drive - The Cars

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:59 pm
I remember it now!!!

although I bet Mr Locksmith knows the person I associate this song with :) :) :) )

A.S ?

LOL

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:15 pm
No no no... I haven't mentioned this person to you before, but he was a friend of some brothers you mentioned to me recently. :) :)

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:19 pm
G.L ?

A.R ?

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:24 pm
I will pm you so I don't annoy everyone here. :) :)

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:31 pm
Must be a Funny one then :-D

LOL

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:54 pm
After a laugh back to topic

13) Money Wrench = Foo Fighters

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:57 pm
Hey you guys are really really good....I will do more of these later as I have a thousands of them I was going to use for my board game until the copyright issue came up :banghead:
Page 1 of 1

Login