Home of the Smurf Community

Contests, quizzes and smurf games.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:53 am
Ok....here are the lyrics from 20 different songs released by UK & some european acts. See how you go at working these out and who was best known for recording them.

1. “I reached inside myself and found nothing there to ease the pressure of my ever worrying mind.”

2. “Bet you got a good gun, bet you know how, to have some fun and then.......you turn it around on me because, I’m better than the rest of the men.”

3. “A movement in the corner of the room, and there’s nothing I can do. When I realize with fright, that the spiderman is having me for dinner tonight.”

4. “So we’re different colours and we’re different creeds, and different people have different needs.”

5. “He wear no shoe shine, he got, toe jam football, he got, monkey finger, he shoot, Coca Cola.”

6. “The ice age is coming, the sun is zooming in. Engines stop running and the wheat is growing thin.”

7. “Through these fields of destruction, baptisms of fire. I’ve watched all your suffering, as the battles raged higher.”

8. “A few questions that I need to know, how you could ever hurt me so. I need to know what I’ve done wrong and how long it’s been going on.”

9. “Another head hangs lowly, child is slowly taken, and the violence caused such silence, who are we mistaken.”

10. “If I treated you bad, you bruise my face. Couldn’t love you more, you got a beautiful taste.”

11. “Well I was born an original sinner, I was borne from the original sin. And if I had a dollar bill for all the things I’ve done, there’d be a mountain of money piled up to my chin.”

12. “Friday night and the lights are low, looking out for the place to go”

13. “You said no strings, could secure you, at the station. Platform ticket, restless diesels, goodbye windows.”

14. “See them walking hand in hand across the bridge at midnight. Heads turning as the lights flashing out are so bright.”

15. “Make me walk, make me talk, do whatever you please. I can act like a star, I can beg on my knees.”

16. “He drinks the whisky drink, he drinks the vodka drink. He drinks the lager drink, he drinks the cidar drink.”

17. “Hot summer streets and the pavements are burning I sit around. Trying to smile but the air is so heavy and dry.”

18. “All alone, staring on, watching her life go by. When her days are grey and her nights are black.”

19. “Jet black, Johnny B, Gene Jeanie, Killer Queen. Dizzy Lizzy, Major Tom, so c’mon, we just gotta fly.”

20. “I met him in a crowded room, where people go to drink away their gloom.”

Postby Yonna » Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:56 am
Do we just post these here or do we send you pm or what? Can internet be used?
Go ahead! Smurf my day!

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:59 am
Do we just post these here or do we send you pm or what? Can internet be used?
Good questions Yonna.....I suppose it might be more fun not to post the answers here just yet but I will leave that up to you guys to decide.....I don't really have any good smurfs to offer as a prize unfortunately so this is just a bit of fun.....you can use the internet if you need to....I probably would :)

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:01 am
8. ALL SAINTS sang that !

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:04 am
16. CHUMBAWUMBA ( i think ) !

:-D :beer:

Postby Yonna » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:21 am
I'm using Internet but just by looking at the list I know:
12. ABBA – Dancing Queen
15. Aqua – Barbie girl
:-D
Go ahead! Smurf my day!

Postby Fram » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:10 am
3. The Cure, Lullaby
6. Oh, I know this one... Isn't the next line something like "Nuclear error, and I padam padam...?". Oh yes, the Clash! London Calling.
7. Dire Straits, Brothers in Arms
9. Depeche Mode, Enjoy the Silence
11. Eurythmics, Missionary Man

All without Googling :-)
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby XoioX2000 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:11 am
16: that's ChumbaWamba... or something along those lines...

+++ Edited +++
Ooops I just saw this had already been answered... sorry
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby XoioX2000 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:17 am
6: The Clash - London Calling!

You da man! :beer:
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby SA Smurfette » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:43 am
Well i only knew 2 .... :eek: No. 11, 16

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:26 am
9. Depeche Mode, Enjoy the Silence
Not quite right Fram....but very very close

Postby Fram » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:29 am
Ah, indeed. I've googled it now, and you are of course correct. I have this even on CD, but I prefer Depeche Mode nevertheless :)

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:38 am
My older sister Alleyna was really into Depeche Mode so I got used to their records being played around the house when I was growing up.

Postby Fram » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:03 am
"Words like violence
Break the silence"
instead of
"and the violence caused such silence".

"What a mistake to make", to use another popular quote from a TV series...

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:10 pm
20) = Blur, Charmless man,

Off The Great Escape Album

4) People are People, Depeche Mode

2) Miss Me Blind, Culture Club

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:20 pm
17) Cruel Summer either Ace of Base or Bananarama

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:34 pm
17) Cruel Summer either Ace of Base or Bananarama
I am going more for the original recordings so it would be Bananarama but I guess it's not that important since it's just for fun. All of these artists are British with some European bands added in as well....so don't worry about artists from any other country or even solo artists.

I will do an American/Canadian one later tonight

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:56 pm
1) The Sun Always Shines on TV = a-Ha

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:07 pm
Gerda where were you? :) :) :) :)
Page 1 of 1

Login