Home of the Smurf Community

Contests, quizzes and smurf games.
Page 1 of 10
Postby Bunno Smurf » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:05 am
Hiya Everyone,

I teach Computer lessons at a school and what I'd like to try and do as a kind of WebQuest for the junior grades is to send a smurf around the world. What I'd like is for people who get the smurf to take pics of local landmarks or their area with the smurf in it (if possible) and email them to us so we can track his progress and get to see places we probably would never see otherwise. I am hoping to set up a website to show his progress but this will depend on the computer tech and how much space we have to put it online etc etc.

Basically what I am asking for is some volunteers. It will involve sending the smurf airmail otherwise the school year will be over before the smurf gets anywhere :eek: :eek: and the kids will get pretty bored too waiting for 2-3 months for an email about his progress.

I want to make sure I have enough people to send it to before I mention it to the children. So if anyone wants to volunteer can they just say so in this post and I will make a list. Bascially I will need 10 or more volunteers to make it worthwhile. Thanks in advance. (grovel, grovel, grovel)

Linda
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:23 am
OK Mrs Linda, count me in ! :-D :beer:

Postby Smurf1303 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:35 am
What a cool idea. Count me in ( can offer Oxford, Engalnd)

Postby eggie smurf » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:55 am
Ooh Ooh me too, Mrs. Bunno :)

I *tried* to send a paper smurf via mail last year to Cleo forum members but I think it stopped at Attom's house and never left :) :) It was a fake lover, me thinks.
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:27 pm

I *tried* to send a paper smurf via mail last year to Cleo forum members but I think it stopped at Attom's house and never left :) :) It was a fake lover, me thinks.
Oops.....sorry Stace

To tell you the truth.....everybody I asked to send it to actually declined to play along so I ended up stuck with both yours and Attom's smurf......maybe I should try again now that there are more people on the forum as I still have them in my smurf room.....I had actually forgot about them after all this time.

I am happy to help out too Linda if you are interested in having Sydney involved.....it will be fun to do it for the kids.

Dyar

Postby Yonna » Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:37 am
Sounds like fun! Count me in!

I just have one request. I hope you give a detailed instruction about this when the smurf goes on his/her way. I mean like who sends and where. How many pictures? Do you want the pictures to be sent to you by email when I send the smurf forward? etc.

Ou jeah! I offer you Finland's capital Helsinki.
Go ahead! Smurf my day!

Postby SuperJen » Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:30 am
Hey Linda. I wanna play! That sounds like fun! Although I hate to think of what Abby will say :gaga:

I offer you Melbourne Australia (way better than Sydney :-x )
:star: SUPERJEN :star: :eye: I've got my eye on you

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:56 am
I offer you Melbourne Australia (way better than Sydney :-x )
Especially if you want to experience 4 seasons in one day....there is no better place than Melboured :)

No actually I love Melbourne so you won't hearme say a bad word about it....well, until SJ came along anyway 8-)

Dyar

Postby steveparkes » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:04 am
Yup, I can do Nottingham and London...but if it's a smurf we need..do we have to send him back? :)
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:24 am

Oops.....sorry Stace

To tell you the truth.....everybody I asked to send it to actually declined to play along so I ended up stuck with both yours and Attom's smurf......maybe I should try again now that there are more people on the forum as I still have them in my smurf room.....I had actually forgot about them after all this time.
SO YOU HAVE THE PAPER SMURFS?!?! lol and here I thought poor Attom had them - sorry Attom :) :)

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:37 am
Yes...sorry Attom :o
Postby attombomb7 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:15 am
Hiya Everyone,

I teach Computer lessons at a school and what I'd like to try and do as a kind of WebQuest for the junior grades is to send a smurf around the world. What I'd like is for people who get the smurf to take pics of local landmarks or their area with the smurf in it (if possible) and email them to us so we can track his progress and get to see places we probably would never see otherwise. I am hoping to set up a website to show his progress but this will depend on the computer tech and how much space we have to put it online etc etc.

Basically what I am asking for is some volunteers. It will involve sending the smurf airmail otherwise the school year will be over before the smurf gets anywhere :eek: :eek: and the kids will get pretty bored too waiting for 2-3 months for an email about his progress.

I want to make sure I have enough people to send it to before I mention it to the children. So if anyone wants to volunteer can they just say so in this post and I will make a list. Bascially I will need 10 or more volunteers to make it worthwhile. Thanks in advance. (grovel, grovel, grovel)

Linda

HI Linda

this sounds really fun! which smurf?? I hope its a cute one!

I work across the street from the CN tower here In Toronto

and it would be simple to take a pic..

you don;t need to send the smurf if you let me know which one you want

i can use one of mine and take a pic and then email it to you??

or does this screw things up??

it could be faster for some places??
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby attombomb7 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:18 am

oh! I remember that smurf!! I sent it to Dyar years ago?? maybe he has it??
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website

Postby attombomb7 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:22 am

Oops.....sorry Stace

SO YOU HAVE THE PAPER SMURFS?!?! lol and here I thought poor Attom had them - sorry Attom :) :)

hi! I should read the post string....before I post..I think..SMACK ME!!

I forgot all about those smurfs!

thanks Dyar for making sure my memory is not dead.. I wasn't sure
if I sent them or not..but thought I did..! duh:)

and Eggie.. I'm sure if Dyar keeps them it will be a cute souvenir of us!
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website

Postby Bunno Smurf » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:47 pm
Sounds like fun! Count me in!

I just have one request. I hope you give a detailed instruction about this when the smurf goes on his/her way. I mean like who sends and where. How many pictures? Do you want the pictures to be sent to you by email when I send the smurf forward? etc.

Ou jeah! I offer you Finland's capital Helsinki.
Yeah there will be detailed instructions. I just wanted to see who was willing to help out before I spent a lot of time organising it. I am able to set up email addresses through our school network so I can call the email address whatever I want and can get the pictures sent there.

Once I get enough people, which I think I have now, I will start a list and post it here of who is posting to who. I think I will try to get it posted to places fairly close to each other so the postage cost won't be too much for each person.

So far we have:

Linda: Bunbury, WA, AU
Graham: Liverpool, UK
Smurf1303: Oxford, UK
Eggie: Delaware, US
Syd/Dyar: Sydney, AU
Yonna: Helsinki, Finland
Jen: Melbourne, AU
Steveparkes: Nottingham, UK
Attom: Toronto, Canada

I've talked to the children at school about it and they are all pretty excited about it. The plan is to set up a space on our school website and put the pics there if we can and track the smurf around the world. Then also you guys will be able to see where the smurf is and what its doing. If I can't get access to space on the school website I will set up a free one somewhere and put it all there.

Ideally what I would like is just a few pics of the smurf in different places and a little story about where you live and what the smurf did at your place. I will be doing this with 5-8 year olds so the simpler the better. Any information about the weather or how you say hello in your native language etc would be great also.

If anyone has any other questions I'm happy to answer them.

Thanks everyone who's volunteered so far. :hug: I will add people to the list as we go along and re-organise it also. I am hoping to send the smurf on its way by the end of the week so if anyone else wants to volunteer feel free and I will add you to the list at the bottom. I'm at work at the moment but as soon as I get home I will post a pic of the smurf (Adventurer??? back pack and compass). I am hoping to make a tiny passport for him to carry around with him to that people can just date also. I will make sure he doesn't weigh too much though.

Postby SuperJen » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:18 pm
Oooo how exciting. I would love it if we were going to the snow when he was with me, cause I'd take him too.
How long can we have him for?
When do you want our address?
How many photos do you want?
Will I get paid for doing this?
Can I keep the smurf?
Am I asking too many questions?
Do I sound like Dyar?

Oh and HPH, the comment about 4 seasons........ well I can't argue with that :)
:star: SUPERJEN :star: :eye: I've got my eye on you

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:39 pm
I will be doing this with 5-8 year olds so the simpler the better. Any information about the weather or how you say hello in your native language etc would be great also.
OK...so I suppose censorship may have to come into the report when I document what the Adventurer and Syd got up to and the language spoken in the Sydney Village. Hopefully I can get a nice sunny day and take them on the harbour as I could also take a few pics of Syd as well at the same time which may be fun.

....and SJ, you don't sound like me.....you only asked 5 questions in that post.....you will have to ask more questions than that to compete with me.....um, well it was pretty impressive now that I look at it again. OK I will pay that.

Dyar

Postby Yonna » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:18 am
Yeah there will be detailed instructions. I just wanted to see who was willing to help out before I spent a lot of time organising it. I am able to set up email addresses through our school network so I can call the email address whatever I want and can get the pictures sent there.
That's what I thought. :-D I'm pretty excited about this too! I'm already thinking what places I'm going to show to this smurf and what kind of pictures I'm gonna take! And the passport is a great idea!! I can't wait!!! :photo:
Go ahead! Smurf my day!

Postby Bunno Smurf » Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:16 am
Can I keep the smurf?
Do I sound like Dyar?

not too long
I think if you just PM your address to the person on the list before you that will be easiest
at least one, no more than 5 each
yeah, brownie points for heaven :)
for a few days
yes
yes

Postby eggie smurf » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:00 am
Can I keep the smurf?
Do I sound like Dyar?

not too long
I think if you just PM your address to the person on the list before you that will be easiest
at least one, no more than 5 each
yeah, brownie points for heaven :)
for a few days
yes
yes
:haha:
Page 1 of 10

Login