Home of the Smurf Community

The place for new members to introduce themselves
Page 1 of 1
Postby jrparadine » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:06 pm
Hi Group!

Well I have had alot of fun here, and You all are really great and I appreciate all the wonderful comments about my things!

I have been into smurfs since I was about five, I am 38 now, I have three sons (twins and a 17yo). One daughter-in-law, one Son-in-law, and no grandbabies yet.

I still have the original smurfs from when I was young, as a mater of fact, Queen smurf is the original, smurfette I had.

Over the years, I got more into other things, Still buying on an occassion. But nothing really major, until about a month and a half ago when a new co-worker mentioned puting some smurfs on Ebay.

That was all it took! I started on smurf castle, started buying more comics, and catching all the smurfs and playsets that I did not have and wanted! Some of them that I did not have, I made. Such as the benches!

I have My own house, and a Garage that has a train room that I will eventually set up as Smurf Village. Which will have a port and Sea, For my two Playmobile Ships, A mountain and Plain for My wagon train and Indian village scene and A place for My monestary. It's a lot bigger then where it's set up now!

I have a 12x74 foot Mobile that Is sort of a catch all, where I have Smurf Village set up. Not very convient when I do alot of work in the Garage! Thats where I am working on the Dam set.
Well I guess I have Blathered on enough!

If anyone has any Questions, Please ask!

Jonathan!
JOnathan

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:16 am
Great introduction Jonathan, (i'm 38 too, dont tell anyone tho ! ) :D

Your ideas for future expansion of your smurf village sound great ! That will certainly be worth waiting for ! The sea and port are a great idea ! My son has Playmobil pirate ships, are these the ones you are refering to as well ? I think they are great !

Are you keeping your trains too ? I got rid of mine to buy more smurfs :???:

All you need to do now is post a picture of yourself and we'll leave you alone then ! 8-) 8-)

To work on your village of course :D

:-D :beer:

Postby FlamingO » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:27 am
Hi Jonathan :hiya: :welcome:

I've just been looking through all your Smurf displays which I hadn't seen before - they are so superb :love:

Good Luck with creating all your other ideas :D

:cheerz: Sue

Postby Bunno Smurf » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:46 am
Hi Jonathon,

Just had a look at the dam a min ago and its looking fabulous so far. Welcome to the forum. Its always interesting to hear about other smurfers and their collection.
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby Rachel » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:25 pm
Hi Jonathan :wave2:

It was lovely reading your introduction to find out a little bit more about your smurfing. :cheers:

You are certainly not alone in your story, many of us here collected smurfs as kids and then restarted our passions in adulthood and often because of Ebay! Me for one. It sounds like you have some great ideas for your future expansion of your collection and your scenery making and I am sure we will all be looking forward to seeing what you come up with. :-D

May I ask, what do your kids think of your hobby?

Also, if you would like to chose yourself a little avatar smurf figure to go under your name, just go to your profile page (link at top of page) and towards the bottom of the page your will see the avatar section and a Show Gallery button. There are plenty to choose from and if you would like a customised one, just give me a shout. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby SA Smurfette » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:57 pm
:welcome: Jonathan

Great hearing your story :D

I think your displays you have posted so far are excellent ! 8)
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com
Postby jrparadine » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:55 am
I really appreciate the wonderful reception, and Smurftastic comments on my smurfy stuff. You have No idea how warm it makes me feel!

As for my sons, My middle one Has a few in a collection of his own, and My youngest collects playmobile and legos, and my oldest, well he says he's to busy being married to do much else at the moment! Course his second anniversery is next month so you'd think a bit of the novelty would have worn off!LOL!

Thanks Again!
JOnathan

Postby smurfer » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:11 pm
:welcome:
Hi Jonathan !!
Welcome , I hope you have a smurfy time here !!!

Postby southernyacht » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:03 pm
Hi Jonathan,

Welcome! :hiya:

Your displays are great!! :D

Cathy x :cat:

Postby Dreaming In Blue » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:42 pm
Hi Jonathan! :hiya: It is nice to meet you. I am also new here. This place is really great. I have had a blast looking at all your Smurf displays. I can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:08 pm
Hi Jonathan,
:welcome: to BC...this is a wonderful place for smurf collectors :cheers:

I really enjoy looking at your displays.... :-D

It is great that we are getting more American members now...

I live in the Volunteer State, by the way 8)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:14 am
Hi Jonathan

Welcome to Blue Cavern and the best smurf forum on the net....ok I am biased but it is the truth :D

I hope you like it here as you are very welcome to join in anywhere and anytime

Dyar

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:17 am
:welcome: Jonathan!!!

I love your displays. :love: Enjoy your time on the smurfiest place around. :D
Page 1 of 1

Login