Home of the Smurf Community

The place for new members to introduce themselves
Page 1 of 2
Postby Dreaming In Blue » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:03 am
This place is great! :cool: I have been looking through everyone's collections and they are breath taking! :shock:

Okay enough sucking up, now a little about myself. My name is Christine and I live in Southwestern PA. I loved the Smurfs as a kid. Eventually, my small childhood collection got packed away when I entered my teenage years. Many years later I discoved Ebay and was amazed at all the different Smurfs. I dug out my childhood collection of about 28 Smurfs, a few houses, the windmill, and some playsets and have been an obsessed collector ever since! I think it has been about 5 years now. I have a nice collection, but I WANT so many more! :gimme:

I am so glad I found this place and I can't wait to get to know everyone.

Christine :D

Postby Rachel » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:12 am
Hi Christine, welcome aboard. :welcome:

Thanks for your nice introduction, always great to meet a new smurfer. Your story sounds like so many members here, myself included. Collected smurfs as a kid and then rediscovered them in "adulthood" so I am sure you are going to get along really well. :-D
I have a nice collection, but I WANT so many more!
Another classic quote I think. :)

Any chance of a pic or two of your smurfs. We LOVE looking at collections. :adore:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:19 am
:welcome: Christine to this smurfy board!!! :)

Have a great time being here!!!

Postby eggie smurf » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:31 am
:hiya: Christine! Glad you found us here too...I live it DE so not too many hours from you. I'm guessing you're close to Pittsburgh :D

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them too - we're a very friendly bunch...some do bite, but you'll learn who that is pretty quick (j/k!!) :)
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Tojo » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:34 am
It's great to hear from you Christine :welcome:

Enjoy yourself here. 'Tis a silly place :-D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby smurfer » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:50 am
:welcome:
Welcome Christine !!!

Enjoy yourself here , and have a smurfy time !!
:cheers:

Postby Pitufo » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:11 pm
Hi, Christine!!!!!!!Welcome aboard!!!!!!!!Hope to see you here everyday and hope to see pics of your collection!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers: :cheers:
JOAQUÍN

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:48 pm
Hi Christine

Welcome to the forum and nice to see another American on here as we don't have that many. I like this forum the best because it has so many great people from all around the world.

I hope you like it here and I think it would be great to see some pics of your collection too. :cheers:

Dyar (from Australia)

Postby ChunkMasterMC » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:56 pm
Welcome Christine!!! :-D :welcome:

It is a very friendly place here...with lots of insane Smurf Collectors for you to have fun with!!! :)

Hope to see you around here often...cause I have no life...and am on here way too much!!! :-D
ChunkMasterMC :music:

Postby Elvissmurf » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:13 pm
Hello Christine and welcome to the wonderful world of Smurf :hiya:
BLUE MOON..YOU SAW ME SMURFING ALONE!

Postby Dreaming In Blue » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:52 pm
Thanks for the Smurfy welcomes! :winks:

Good guess Staci, I live about 45 minutes South of Pittsburgh. :)

I just moved about 4 months ago and sadly all my Smurfy things are still packed up. I have three kids and one on the way so needless to say we are really tight on space. Right now I don't know when or where I will find a place to display my collection. :( I took some pictures of my collection a few years ago. They didn't turn out so well. I started out trying to make village scenes, but it got over crowded really quick. I tried to post a few of them, but I kept getting an upload error message. :-?

I will keep trying and hopefully post some pics for you to see soon.

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:07 am
Hi Christine ! :welcome: ! I'm Beers, the quiet one ...you often find me here............. :pinksofa:

I am sure you will have a great time, its a friendly place to be part of, were humour plays a big part, sometimes, we even find time to talk about smurfs :D 8-) 8-)

But seriously, there are some very wise smurfy people on this forum, any questions, just ask :D

:-D :beer:

Postby Rachel » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:13 am
I tried to post a few of them, but I kept getting an upload error message.

I will keep trying and hopefully post some pics for you to see soon.
Hi Christine, if you still have problems, send me a PM and I will see if I can help. :D

You might want to have a chat with Gerda about the kids. I think her plan is, if they don't start collecting smurfs themselves, they have to move out after the age of five to make some more room. :lol: :winks:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:19 am
But seriously, there are some very wise smurfy people on this forum, any questions, just ask :D

I have a question Mr Beers......where are these very wise smurfy people? :scratchinghead: :-?

:) :) :) :)

Dyar

Postby FlamingO » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:23 am
Hi Christine.

A big :welcome: to the forum from me too.
I was also happy when I found this place - it adds a whole new dimension to your smurf collecting :clap: and its full of lovely people :-D

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:38 am

I have a question Mr Beers......where are these very wise smurfy people? :scratchinghead: :-?

:) :) :) :)

Dyar
Everyone besides me and you :D

:) :)

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:55 am
Welcome Christine,

nice to have another smurf collector from the States :D :) :)

this is a crazy place and after a while you get so used to it that when you are on vacation without much Internet access you´ll find yourself in an Internet cafe reading some posts and getting a few odd looks from your neighbours :) :) :) :)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby southernyacht » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:55 pm
Hi Christine :wave2:

Welcome to the forum!!

Cathy x :cat:

Postby Dreaming In Blue » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:04 pm
It is nice to meet all of you. :wave2:

I am going to try to post my collection pictures again. *crosses fingers* I hope this works.

These guys tend to multiple quickly. My village is a bit over crowded.

~~Christine~~

Postby Pitufo » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:06 pm
Hi, Christine!!!!!!!very nice collection!!!!!!!!thanks for sharing it with us...A new member is always welcomed :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
JOAQUÍN
Page 1 of 2

Login