Home of the Smurf Community

The place for new members to introduce themselves
Page 3 of 3

Postby eggie smurf » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:11 pm
Nice list ! :D
Only ...... Holland and The Netherlands are the same !! :) :)
So .... That will make six Dutch members ....
:-)
Ron, I was wondering that myself but I went with what their location stated...I'm bad at geography, what can I say? :)
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby naish510 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:28 pm
:haha:

Postby smurfer » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:13 pm
Ron, I was wondering that myself but I went with what their location stated...I'm bad at geography, what can I say? :)
Bad at geography ?
For me geography it's a complete disaster ....:?
:) :) :)

Postby eggie smurf » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:22 pm
Bad at geography ?
For me geography it's a complete disaster ....:?
:) :) :)
Good to hear :) Serious question - is the Netherlands comprised of more countries than just Holland?? Or are the geographologists really trying to confuse a little blonde fishy :-?

Postby Michelle » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:25 pm
Welcome on baord Chris!

I'm sure you will have a good time here... :D

Michelle

Postby Nuts about smurfing » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:39 pm
Interestig list everyone.

I am sure thatthe Duch here will correct me, but I thought "The Netherlands" is the country and strictly speaking Holland is part of The Netherlands. - i.e. the "county" where most peolelive that has become synonomous to the country....???? :-?

I'm opening myself up for a big fall :bolt:
Mark
Smurfcount: 726 - Regulars needed: 2 - Supers needed: 27 - Promos, sockels & other stuff needed: 213,445,387,675,897,789

Postby Nuts about smurfing » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:39 pm
Wlecome Chris :welcome:
Mark
Smurfcount: 726 - Regulars needed: 2 - Supers needed: 27 - Promos, sockels & other stuff needed: 213,445,387,675,897,789

Postby Tojo » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:44 pm
I've just remembered Andrea - she's from Glasgow in Scotland so Scotland is missing from the list too.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:38 pm
Great job, Stace...and interesting list....Now I know what keeps you so busy at work :) :) :) :)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:25 am
I fixed it up Ron :D

Bavaria is just a state of Germany isn't it?

I didn't understand what the history is so could someone please explain it to me as I would love to understand.

Dyar

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:07 am

Bavaria is just a state of Germany isn't it?

I didn't understand what the history is so could someone please explain it to me as I would love to understand.

Dyar
@Dyar: Yes, but referring to our constitution, we call such "states" like Bavaria or Northrhine-Westfalia federal countries. Some of such federal countries came into being after WWII, when the Allies occupied Germany. However there had been three Hanseatic towns, namely Hamburg, Bremen (incl. Bremerhaven) and Berlin which formed their very own federal state. Another exception was Saarland. Saarland which had been occupied by the French, formed an independent country until 1955. Then the public could vote whether to become a part of France or joining the FRG. The majority of the voters wanted to join Germany and therefore Saarland joined the FRG on January 1st, 1957.

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:19 am
Nice list ! :D
Only ...... Holland and The Netherlands are the same !! :) :)
So .... That will make six Dutch members ....
:-)
It was indeed my mistake, since only corrected Bavaria and Germany... .I beg pardon. :oopz:

Postby bradley » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:49 am
Welcome Chris. Glad you decided to join the board, upping the 'male' SA collectors! hehe.

Seeya later

Brad.

Postby eggie smurf » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:59 am
How did Australia get 1/2 an extra person :o :-?

Postby smurfer » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:49 am
Just for the record :

In my country the people say : Nederland (the netherlands) , but some people call it Holland , becouse ..... :-? (I really don't know why)
But to make it even more difficult , Holland is also a part of the name of two "state's" here in the netherlands ... (north- and southholland)
:!:

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:38 pm
I asked Dennis about why there was 2 names: Nederland (Netehrlands) & Holland and he gave me a great answer that I can't recall...I did print it out from memory though so I will try to find it and explain unless Dennis sees this and saves me.

We need a Dennis on here more regularly.....he knows so much about stuff

Dyar

PS - Syd is the 0.5 Stace :D

Postby eggie smurf » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:10 pm
PS - Syd is the 0.5 Stace :D
Oh he should definitely count as MORE than that :grinning:

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:16 pm
Well his blood alcohol reading is usually much higher than that

Anyway...he's half American these days with the amount of time he resides over there.....I am sure his flag is starting to develop stripes

Dyar

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:53 pm
..I'm bad at geography, what can I say? :)
That's one thing we have in common, Stace . :winks: ...my biggest fear for the citizenship test was I would be asked about the location of the different states...especially those Northern States... :shock: :shock: :shock: The whole weekend before the test I was only looking at maps of the US :) :) and as hard as I studied...I forgot it all five minutes after the test.....BTW there weren't any geography lessons among the questions :relieved:

I think Syd should count as American..... :yes: :yes: he does spend enough time over here, and really should spend much more time over here..... :yes: (Stace usually is in a good mood, when Syd is around :winks: )
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter
Page 3 of 3

Login