Home of the Smurf Community

The place for new members to introduce themselves
Page 1 of 3
Postby Smurfycate » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:57 am
Hi everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself now that I've registered and left lurking behind. :cheerz:
When I was a child I collected smurfs and loved them dearly. I never had as many as I wanted - does anyone? Sadly I have no idea what happened to those smurfs, or my albums or any other such relics of childhood I wished I could have back.
About a year ago I discovered smurf figurines on ebay and was delighted - here with one purchase I could exceed the number of smurfs I had as a child! But I resisted, I struggled with this concept I have of simplifying and de-cluttering, wasn't quite sure how beginning to buy smurfs would fit into that philosophy!? Then a friend of mine showed up with a wee gift - 14 of them in fact! 14 of the sweetest blue faces you can imagine! That was it...the floodgates opened and I made several ebay purchases, though the greatest number of my collection is still from this dear friend who picks them up for me whenever she sees them. I am a lucky smurfaholic. :smile:
I wanted to thank both Kitty's Cavern and Blue Imps (you both have wonderful sites I discovered just by googling 'smurfs') for all I've learned about our little PVC friends and my own in particular. I'm excited to join you; my smurf-collecting peers on this forum! :D

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:03 pm
Welcome to the forum, Smurfycate! Your friend sounds wonderful, if only my friends would buy me smurfy things. Although I have to say that one friend tries to pick up Smurf comics for me in France when she goes on holidays. And I am glad my shop has helped you with your smurfing. :-D

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:08 pm
:welcome:

I am so glad you decided to join the fun..... :wave:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Rachel » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:25 pm
Hi Smuycate, welcome aboard. :welcome:

It certainly sounds like you have a great friend there and it is wonderful to hear you are falling in love all over again with the little blue guys. :-D

I am not sure if smurf collecting and de-cluttering go hand in hand but at least they are only small. I think I admited to myself a long tome ago, my house is always going to be a little cluttered! :lol:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Fram » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:12 pm
:welcome: Cate!
We have three (at least) other members from Canada, but the more the merrier of course. Welcome to the Smurfhouse!
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:28 pm
Welcome Smurfycate :D I hope you enjoy your time here, it can be great fun ! :) :)

:-D :beer:

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:36 pm
Hello Smurfycate. :hiya: :hiya: welcome to the club of all things blue and smurfy. I wish i had a freind like yours who would bring me lots of smurfy presents. :-D
Have fun and glade you came out from lurking in the background. :sofa: :-D :welcome:
Smurfy regards, Steve. :D

Postby Pitufo » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:30 pm
Hi, smurfycate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WELCOME here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are a lucky guy, with those friends!!!!!!!!I love my friends too, specially my childhood´s friends!!!!!!!!!!!

Bye from a spanish friend
JOAQUÍN

Postby SA Smurfette » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:54 pm
:welcome: Smurfycate

Glad you decided to leave lurking :lurk: behind and join us :)

You'll love it here, everyone's friendly and you'll learn tons about smurfs :D
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby attombomb7 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:04 pm
Hi Smurfcate!

Welcome! so glad you found this site, you'll feel at home here as you can come and go as you please and enjoy many new smurf addicts!

and see lots of smurfs, and learn lots.

nice to have another Canadian on board :D

Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby eggie smurf » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:15 pm
:welcome: Smurfycate! :cheers: Exactly how many smurfs do you have? If you hang around here too long, they start to multiply quickly :D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby XoioX2000 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:40 am
Welcome Smurfycate!!!

:cheers: :cheers: :) :)
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby aussiesmurfer » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:54 am
:welcome:

Always great to see a new member!

Hope you enjoy yourself here,

Trish

Postby samismurf » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:00 am
welcome welcome :wave: :carrots:
sam the deal finder :sherlock:

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:32 am
Excellent...another new member to join the gang

Welcome Smurfycate

Nice to see the floodgates have opened....we have no idea why this happens but we were affected the same way by the little blue faces.

I hope you like it here and feel free to waffle about anything and everything as we are not very strict or have any restrictive rules here besides having fun and sharing that with the other members.

Glad to see you have posted here as it's way more fun than lurking :D

Dyar

Postby XoioX2000 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:54 am
we have no idea why this happens but we were affected the same way by the little blue faces.
Doctor, Doctor Dyar... is it bad?

:) :) :)

Postby Tojo » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:58 am
Welcome :D It's great to hear from you :-D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Tessa-Dennis » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:03 pm
:dance: And a very big welcome, there can never be enough Smurf collectors here :D

Dennis

Postby Smurfycate » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:44 pm
Thank you so much for such a wonderful, warm welcome! My wonderful friend has done it again - before today I had a grand total of 30 smurfs (I'm know, I'm just a babysmurfer!), and one with a pencil sharpener and a smurf-about car. She found another 25 smurfs today, so in one fell-swoop my smurfs nearly doubled! I'm quite giddy with joy! I've told her that all across the world there are smurfers who wish they had a friend like her! She quite liked that! :-) She's an awesome friend for more than the smurfs too... ;)

Postby XoioX2000 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:27 am
That is a cool friend! Almost doubling your collection overnight!!! :D :)
Once you love Smurfs, no collection is a small collection: It will grow very quickly!!! :):):)

Dyar keeps saying he is going to double my collection by taking all my Smurfs and putting them with his, for safe keeping he says. What I think he really means is that he is going to double his collection... but he is a good friend too... it's just Syd that I don't trust!! :):)

Hey guys: We haven't had a Pick On Dyar day for a while...
Page 1 of 3

Login