Home of the Smurf Community

The place for new members to introduce themselves
Page 1 of 1
Postby Neuromancer » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:38 pm
Well well well ... do a search for Smurfs one day out of the blue in google and find yourself in a great community like this one! To introduce myself ever so briefly, my name is Steven and I am from Toronto .. I recently had a child of my own come into this world, and her favorite toys are now my previously forgotten SMURF collection. Nothing fancy mind you, but once I dusted them off I figured to myself .. hmm I wonder if these are popular anywhere after all this time? I'm 32 and she's a mere 9 months. Et voila, I find myself here!

I've included a picture of my small collection ... I hope I did it right and that it isn't too big .. I look forward to adding to the collection for my daughter to enjoy, and perhaps even her children in the future!

Nice meeting you all!

S.

Postby smurfin'_HK » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:52 pm
Hi Steven, nice collection you have got there. Where abouts in Toronto do you live? I am from Toronto too but working in Hong Kong now but will be back next year. Thanks again for showing your collection, I really like your angry smurf and astro. :D

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:56 pm
G'day Steven

Welcome to the forum :wave2:

We have some really nice people on this forum from Canada so it's great to meet another one. There are really nice smurfs there in that pic...I love the orange Jungle smurf, the Astros with the helmet are quite sought after and that case is also a very nice piece as well. You have a very lucky daughter who should love these little blue guys. Thanks for sharing the pic and I look forward to hearing how you and yoru daughter's collection grows and grows and grows.'

Nice to hear from you :D

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:48 pm
:welcome: Steven! Glad you found us and didn't run away screaming :) I love that carrying case - I have wanted one of those for SO long but they do not pop up on ebay. You have a nice collection started for your daughter - a lucky little girl. She will be at a great age when the Smurf movie comes to the theater in 2008 too!!
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby attombomb7 » Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:18 am
Welcome Steven!

I'm also from Toronto,Canada, nice know someone has such a nice collection and kept it in such great shape too..

I have not seen that case with that picture before, it sure is a nice one!

and you have a great variety of the well desired smurfs.. all the
favourites I like. thanks for sharing it.
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby SA Smurfette » Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:59 am
:welcome: Steven

Thanks for showing us a picture of your collection.

I love your smurf carry case :smitten:

Looks like your daughter has an excellent collection to inherit :)

Raelene

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:25 am
Hello Steven ! thats a nice collection you have there, some nice smurfies amongst them ! make sure you keep collecting and talking to us all ! that carry case is really cool !

:-D :beer:

Postby Rachel » Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:11 am
Hi Steven, welcome aboard. :welcome:

Sounds like you have a lovely daughter and a very lucky one who's Dad had the good sense to keep his smurfs. :-D

I shall look forward to hearing about and seeing more of your smurfs.

Any questions please feel free to ask. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Fram » Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:05 pm
:welcome: Steven!

Many of us are in their early thirties as well (although we have members from all ages, luckily), and many with young children. Most of us started with finding our childhood collection again and discovering then that there are loads of Smurfs on eBay and that new Smurfs are still being made. This is (IMO) the nicest Smurf place on the web, you can talk and ask about anything Smurfy (and most things non-smurfy) here, and you can even buy the best quality Smurfs straight from Karen (Kitty's Cavern).
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:42 pm
This is (IMO) the nicest Smurf place on the web
Ah that's sweet, we think you are one of the nicest smurfy people on the web, Fram!

Welcome, Steven :welcome:

Postby attombomb7 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:49 pm
This is (IMO) the nicest Smurf place on the web
Ah that's sweet, we think you are one of the nicest smurfy people on the web, Fram!

Welcome, Steven :welcome:

doubley agreed!
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby SA Smurfette » Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:11 pm
awwwwwwwww :grouphug:
Page 1 of 1

Login