Home of the Smurf Community

The place for new members to introduce themselves
Page 1 of 2

Hi

Postby amysmurf » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:21 pm
I am not sure if this is the correct place for introductions or not. I apologize if it is not.
My name is Amy and I am thinking about collecting smurfs. I have my smurf figures from when I was a kid. I was devestated when the smurfs were not on tv anymore. I have a large Strawberry Shortcake collection and that hobby takes up most of my time. But I wanted to check and see if there was a collectors forum for smurfs online. I know I have a lot to learn about smurf collecting.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:32 pm
Hi Amy, welcome to the forum! :welcome:

There's lots of smurf collectors here and everyone is really friendly, we have a lot of fun! So don't be afraid to ask questions, and lots of people collect other things as well as smurfs so please tell us about your Strawberry Shortcake collection as well, we'd love to see pictures. :D

Postby Rachel » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:36 pm
Hi Amysmurf, welcome aboard. :welcome:

Many of us here originally collected as children and then have rediscovered the little blue guys more recently so you are certainly amongst friends. I am also fairly sure that there are a few other smurf collectors out there who also collect Strawberry Shortcake, mind you I have also heard a few stories of Strawberry Shortcake collections being sold to fund more smurfs! :lol:

Did you have many smurfs?
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby amysmurf » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:50 pm
Thanks Karen and Rachel!

I think I have about 20 figurines and a couple plush smurfs somewhere at my parents house. The figurines are at my house though. A fellow SSC collector wanted to buy my smurfs but I just could not bear to part with them. Of course my husband has warned me not to start collecting smurfs. :oopz:

Here is a link to my SSC website if anyone is interested.
http://www.geocities.com/amyh511/index.html

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:02 pm
Hello there Amy ! , be sure to stick around this forum, its great for collecting smurfs, there are some great people to meet on here too ! and you have a nice website, my partner had Strawberry Shortcake when she was young, i think she is dropping hints for me to buy her one again !

Welcome aboard !

:-D :beer:
Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:15 pm
I am not sure if this is the correct place for introductions or not. I apologize if it is not.
Hi Amy

Welcome to the forum and it doesn't matter where you say "Hi" as it's great to hear from you anyway. I hope you do start to collect smurfs as it has brought a lot of joy and new friendships to the members here and it would be nice to see you join us in this madness as well.

Can I ask where Waldorf M.D. is as I'm a bit geographically challenged at times :-?

Nice to meet you and feel free to post anywhere at anytime as we love to hear from new members....especially since I guessed that there would be 311 members by the end of the year and I need a few more members to join if I am going to win the competition :)

Take care

Dyar
Postby eggie smurf » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:44 pm

Can I ask where Waldorf M.D. is as I'm a bit geographically challenged at times :-?
MD is Maryland, Drew -- the state southwest to mine ;)

:welcome: Amy! Hopefully we can encourage you into buying many more smurfs to add to your collection :)
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:55 pm
Thanks Stace....I know where Maryland is :D ....it's just the initials that confused me......and the fact everytime I see Waldorf I think of that Fawlty Towers episode.......sorry Amy.....you will get used to me talking when I really should be quiet. :o

Postby Yonna » Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:17 am
Hi Amy!! :wave2: Welcome!! You are surely to enjoy your time here. These people here are great and know everything about smurfs.

Strawberry shortcake tv-serie has just started again here in Finland! :-D
Go ahead! Smurf my day!

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:00 am
Chicken Maryland was one of my favourite meals when I was little. We used to go to a Beefeater Restaurant in Eastbourne on the south coast of England on our holidays and I would always order Chicken Maryland, so I always imagine Maryland is this wonderful place that smells of banana and chicken!

Postby XoioX2000 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:49 am
Hi Amy! Welcome on board!

Don't worry about your other half warning you about collecting smurf: we all ignore our respective other halves... Well I do, well that's until she starts threatening with a knife and orders me about to clear my smurfy mess. She can be very threatening with a knife. She says she want to start a new course in human anatomy. :eek:
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:50 am
I guess telling her to "cut it out" wouldn't be such a great idea then David.

Postby amysmurf » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:00 pm
:haha: Thank you everyone for the wonderful welcome! I think am really going to like it here.

Maryland does have a lot of chicken farms - i.e. Purdue but I am not sure about the banana thing. Maryland is more known for its crabcakes.
Well, hubby is gone this week at a training class so I have been left unsupervised. I just bid on some smurfs on ebay. I really want to get a smurf house. And I got my childhood smurfs out and bathed them.

Postby eggie smurf » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:56 pm
:woohoo: Good luck on your auctions, Amy :D

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:03 pm
Mmmm....chicken....oops...I meant good luck on your auctions too Amy. Let us know if you win a smurf house....can't have homeless smurfs now can we? I am sure hubby will understand...afterall he's leaving you alone :D ....feel free to come up with any better excuses or PM me for any of the ones I have used over the last 2 years :)

Postby eggie smurf » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:12 pm
I think the excuses you've used over the last 2 years can be found all over this forum :) :)

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:13 pm
I think the excuses you've used over the last 2 years can be found all over this forum :) :)
...and not one of them has worked so far either :banghead:

Postby eggie smurf » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:21 pm

...and not one of them has worked so far either :banghead:
Then Amy definitely shouldn't ask you for good excuses :sofunny: - you should ask her for some!

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:26 pm
Good thinking Stace....

Amy...do you know of any good excuses to tell your partner when you have been caught buying smurfs? She's a girl too so I am thinking you may know more about them than I do.

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:04 am
Something tells me Amy is gonna fit in fine here ! Devious ways to buy smurfs are already in her vocabulary ! nice one Amy ! I like your style !

hehehe

:-D :beer:
Page 1 of 2

Login