Home of the Smurf Community

The place for new members to introduce themselves
Page 1 of 1
Postby Bookworm » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:09 pm
Hey everyone!

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but feel free to delete/move it if it isn't.

I'm Matt, and I have recently rediscovered the fun of collecting Smurfs through eBay. I used to collect them when I was younger - I started when I was nine and found a bag of about twenty/thirty smurfs at a car boot sale for a fiver! Bargain! Anyway, over a few years I got my collection upto a hundred, but I stopped several years ago when it became harder to find any smurfs at local toy fairs.

Then a few months ago I started using eBay (damn, it's addictive), but it only occurred to me to look for Smurfs on there a fortnight ago. Since then I've bought 42 of the little blighters (all for around £50, excluding postage), although I'm not sure that this is the best way way to be spending my student loan. Ah well, who needs food? :lol:

Postby eggie smurf » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:12 pm
:welcome: Matt!! No, you don't need food - smurfs are more fun to play with :) Glad you found this place...it's nice to be able to chat about smurfs or look for smurfs without getting odd looks from the non-smurfers.
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby hfos » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:43 pm
Hey there, welcome!
They're only 50 pounds for 42 smurfs now, but once you have all the 'regular' ones complete and there's nothing left to collect but expensive promos and rare variations you're going to wish you'd never started... 8-)

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Hee hee Robin, that's funny. :) :) I can't remember, do I spell your name with an i or a y? I keep getting confused with Dyar's wife!

Anyway, back to topic, Matt you are in the right place! Hope you enjoy this place, there's lots of bargains to be found on ebay, especially if money is tight. Don't forget to show us your pics of your collection! :)

Postby Fram » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:53 pm
:welcome: Matt! I like your nickname 'bookworm' as well, as I'm one of those too!
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:53 pm
Hi Matt and welcome glad you found our growing forum it is a fun place to be. :D As for your student loan why eat when you can buy smurfs. :) :) If you get hungry im sure we could all chip in and send you some food. :) :) Welcome again and enjoy. :D
Smurfy regards, Steve. :D

Postby Bookworm » Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:26 pm
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I've posted some piccies of my collection here.

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:50 pm
Hi Matt

Welcome to the forum and we're glad that you found us as well.....the more the merrier I say. Just took a look at your nice photos and you have some cool smurfs there, that Grand Bazaar Wizard is very nice.

I hope you like it here and feel free to post your butt off anywhere you like and don't worry about posting in the right place for the moment as you will soon work it all out and either way no one will really mind too much anyway.

Talk to you soon

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:52 pm
Hi Matt, welcome aboard. :welcome:

I have just checked out your smurfs, great pics, Thanks for showing us. :D

May I ask what you are studying?
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby aussiesmurfer » Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:05 pm
Hi Matt

:hiya:

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you will have fun here!

Trish

Postby SA Smurfette » Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:27 pm
Hi Matt :welcome:

It's a great place for meeting people who love smurfs AND talking about them. :-D

I'm sure you'll love it :D

If you think Ebay is addictive well watch out cause this place is too. :D

Raelene

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:14 am
post your butt off anywhere you like
No no please don't do that, you'll look kind of strange without it and how will you sit down? :) :)

Postby hfos » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:42 am
Hee hee Robin, that's funny. :) :) I can't remember, do I spell your name with an i or a y? I keep getting confused with Dyar's wife!
Well, my parents named me 'Robin' but I respond to 'Robin', 'Robyn', 'Rhbbn', 'hfos', etc. As far as I know I am not Dyar's wife. Maybe if we both were in prison...

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:43 am
But he might no want to sit down Karen....and besides.....his butt might be giving him the shits :D

Dyar

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:45 am
As far as I know I am not Dyar's wife. Maybe if we both were in prison...
I might post my butt off...just incase :)

Dyar

Postby jpp » Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:23 am
Hi Matt,

welcome aboard SMURF.

JPP.

Postby Bookworm » Mon May 02, 2005 6:32 am
Thanks again guys, though all this talk about my butt is quite frankly disturbing :eek: :lol:
Page 1 of 1

Login