Home of the Smurf Community

The place for new members to introduce themselves
Page 1 of 2
Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:58 pm
Hi All

Allow me to introduce myself.. My name is Daryl. I'm a smurf collector from Christchurch New Zealand. Just reading the postings here I feel I have found a new home of like minded smurfers. I feel I am coming in from the cold and experiencing that warm feeling of smurf chatter in a communial environment.

I have been collecting for about 4 years (a bourne again smurfer in smurf dictionary terms) and have a website with numerous customised smurfs for the world to muse over. Some are original and others are my takes on others I have seen in my travels.

http://www.schlumpf.netfirms.com :o

Well hope you all have a look and tell me what you think.. all feedback greatly appreciated as I would consider you all to be my new smurfing peers.

Regards
Daryl Kiwischlumpf

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:12 pm
I would firstly like to say..Hi Daryl and welcome to the bord. :D I hope you like it here and it is always nice to meet new members so welcome abord and join in all the smurfy fun. :welcome:
I have just checked out your web pages and it all looks good to me. I love your repaints they look fab. :D I know a few other members like to customise smurfs around here so im sure they will love what you have come up with too.
Smurfy regards, Steve. :D

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:39 pm
:welcome: Daryl! Great smurfs - you have definitely found a place that you should fit into. I love your smurfing complex...great idea for keeping them out of harm's way :D I have mine all on display but they get so dusty so easily :-? Hope you enjoy it here!
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:34 pm
Yippeee....finally it's good to see a Wallaby player in the smurf world....(not that I like Rugby...but good to see anyway).

Welcome aboard and hope to hear from you as we go along. :D

Dyar

Postby attombomb7 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:42 pm
HI Welcome!!

its nice to meet a new smurf collector... I will check out your site too!
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby attombomb7 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:51 pm
:omg:

your web site was shockinly amazing! I couldn't belive the tons of smurfs you have and all those great variations!!

I love how you can see the images so large too!

all those incredable chess sets blew me away!

very nice ! and the homemades are pure genius! thanks so much for coming on here ! you must have so many things to teach us as well!

WELCOME!!! that sure was fun to see your collection

how did you get all that?? over a long time?? childhood?? trades??
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby SA Smurfette » Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:40 pm
:welcome: Daryl

Great website :D

You'll love it here, everyone is really friendly and helpful :-D

Raelene

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:27 am
I love Spooky, he is really cool!

Great website Daryl and welcome! :cheers:

Postby hfos » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:19 am
Indeed, great stuff on your site! Great collection & pimped Smurfs! Welcome!

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:20 am
Little Jack (my 3 year old son) loves the Ghostbuster Smurf too.....he's an odd 3 year old who loves to watch movies like Ghostbusters, Short Circuit, Back To The Future, Indiana Jones, Pink Floyd's The Wall, Yellowbeard & strangest of all he likes the Teletubbies.

Dyar

Postby Bunno Smurf » Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:29 am
Hiya Daryl,

Cool repaints. I actually saw some of these yesterday when I was browsing Timeless Trinkets so that was pretty spooky seeing them again. *cue Twilight Zone music*

Nice collection also.

Linda
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby Fram » Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:55 am
:welcome: Kiwi (is that the bird or the fruit? :lol: ).

Very nice website, I have only skimmed it for the moment, not enough time, but an impressive view of your repaints and a great chess set!
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby Rachel » Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:02 am
Hi Daryl, welcome aboard. :welcome:

I think many of us here are re-born smurfers so I am sure you will fit in just great. :D

I love your website, you have some fabulous ideas. The chess sets using the different characters are incredible. You have a fine collection too of normal smurfs but I have to say I am VERY impressed with your repaints. Both the ideas for them and the actually painting are very well done, you are very creative. :clap:

I also like repainting smurfs but as we are soon to move house I will have to wait now until everything is unpacked before I do any more. :banghead:

At least I can enjoy looking at new ones on your site, Thanks for sharing it with us. I will add links to it when I have a moment. :cheerz:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]
Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:38 pm
Hi all and thanks to one and all for the smurfy warm receiption from all you humans and smurfs alike... and those who may actually be smurfs trapped in human form.!?! :-) :D

I have been collecting seriously for 3-4 years. I originally only owned one smurf back when they were popular and had "smurf envy" of all my primary school friends whom had real collections. Now I'm all grown up (cough) and realized that the unappeased smurf envy has shaped my like into the obsessive type who has to collect them all!!!! I'm not crazy really!! Unfortunately the nz importers stopped importing them in the mid 90s so we haven't been able to buy them from the shops when I did finally decide to work out this obsession. But thats where the thrill of the chase comes into it, getting them over the internet and getting in contact with lots of other collectors.

I have been fortunate in being offered very good deals and rare or unusual smurfing oportunities in the last few years. I have also been stung on ebay a few times where the picture wasn't the exact smurf being sold.. aka missing bits, repainted or those packages that get lost in the mail have tainted the experience. As a result of this and to appease the devil smurf on my shoulder who makes me spend too much on the procurement of smurfs, I have resorted to making my own versions of the blue captains, two majorettes, yellow cake and frogman.. I wouldn't otherwise be able to afford them (assuming I could find them) and I forego the sinking feeling that seems to happen when you spend twice your weekly food bill on one smurf only to find its back on your "to get" list. Some like the #1 graduation and praying xmas smurfs are reproductions, but thats okay because thats what I paid for them as. Most on my collection (99%) are genuine.

All in all my collection has slowed down in the last six months to almost nothing so the customization of spares has been what has been keeping me involved with our wee blue friends. On the to-make list in the next few weeks include Xena (aerobics), dracula (spy), the riddler (astro) and screem (judge) among others.

Re the Wallaby rugby smurf.. I haven't seen an original version despite looking.. not even sure if there ever was one made??? but I thought no collection of rugby smurfs would be complete without someone to beat :lol:

re Timeless trinkets.. I have admired peoples handy work there for quite some time and wanted to give it a go one day. So this year I made it happen. I day after I created the website I emailed Marla at Timeless trinkets whom promptly featured my smurfs and a link to my site. Very flattering to be considered to be up there with those whos handy work inspired mine.

Smurfs are from Mars and Smurfettes are from Venus! :worship: :worship: :worship: :dighole:
Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:49 pm
Re the Wallaby rugby smurf.. I haven't seen an original version despite looking.. not even sure if there ever was one made??? but I thought no collection of rugby smurfs would be complete without someone to beat :lol:
LOL.....Daryl.....you are probably right there....but then again I wouldn't know :) I do like your Wallaby though and unfortunately there is no authentic one that was ever produced......I think it's just jealousy.....or maybe a payback for Rolf Harris....not sure.

Glad you found us and shared your great website with us.

Dyar

Postby Tojo » Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:45 am
Hi KiwiSchlumpf,

Welcome to the community. :D What a great collection you've got there & those customs are simply superb. Keep up the good work.

:cheers:
tojo
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Sun May 01, 2005 2:26 pm
Thanks again for the warm welcome..
Fram.. I never gave it much thought as to if kiwi was the bird or the fruit.. I guess both are pretty bad :-?
Thanks Rachel .. i'd be honoured if you added a link on your awsome smurfy website.
Just had ideas for a 1930's swing dancing smurf .. will hopefully get it done soon. :D

I'm still getting in touch with my inner smurf.. is it legal to "touch" smurfs?
Daryl

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun May 01, 2005 9:01 pm
I'm still getting in touch with my inner smurf.. is it legal to "touch" smurfs?
Well if you ask my little smurf side kick Syd then the answer is "shit yeah".....however he is a smurf himself so I am not too sure we are permitted to as humans......if only Michael Jackson had smurfs....it could of saved him a lot of bad publicity.

Nothing wrong with Kiwi fruit.....it's yummo....I even eat the skin and all after being educated by an ex-girlfriend......um, that's the skin of the Kiwi fruit I meant......I have never eaten the bird type so I can't say......um, that is the Kiwi bird animal one I meant.

Dyar

Postby amy » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:41 pm
What a funny person you are! Great job on the site! I love it!
July movie recommend:
"Angels With Dirty Faces" with Cagney and Bogart

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:38 pm
Psst over here...

Cheers for all the smurfy support, to one and all..
News just to hand is that TV3 (a national Television station) are flying their arts and entertainment reporter down to my hovel to interview me for their late night spread. My smurf site may get swamped then.. a worry considering I only have 1Gb of traffic for my free hosted site. The interview is due for next week and should screen here a week or two after that. :D

Things here in NZ are starting to hot up smurf wise with the kmart distribution hitting here too (first time since 1996 that a distributer has imported smurfs for retail in NZ). Also the trading sites have been getting gradually more and more popular too from 20 auctions a week 4 years ago to around 250 these days. And with the smurf dvds comming out here, its like a big movement is happening.. only on a two inch scale!

I hope to capture the TV interview when it airs and if its good I'll pop it on the site. I am timing my next few photos for about the same time too. :-D

tag .. you're it
Daryl
Page 1 of 2

Login