Home of the Smurf Community

The place for new members to introduce themselves
Page 2 of 2

Postby SA Smurfette » Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:44 pm
News just to hand is that TV3 (a national Television station) are flying their arts and entertainment reporter down to my hovel to interview me for their late night spread.
Daryl
Wow :shock: Goodluck with the interview Daryl :D

Let us know how it goes 8)

Raelene

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:05 pm
Hi all
Well the interview happened last Tuesday and screened Thursday night. It was more about smurfs making a come back in popularity and mentioned my website and pimping of smurfs. Infact they never gave the webaddress and haven't posted the link on their own webpage (as promised) so people can't follow up on the feature. And even if they did now, all the people who saw the feature would have forgotten about it or moved on. :(

I spent 4 days making static displays and a bundle of new smurfs (knight Sir. Schlumpf alot, smurf reading smurf weekly magazine, braveheart, a couple dancing, papa smurf minstral, hunting trophy). Only the TV3 news desk got much coverage on TV... :banghead: Oh well, they all feature on the website. And I have a news page about to go live when I get approval.. they said its okay but I want to give them the last word before it goes live (hopefully later this week all going well).

I just have to pop around to a friends place to pick the mpeg of the interview up and I'll drop a link to it here. All in all its just another new experiance that smurfs have brought to my life. all in good fun. :lol:

The website seems to take on a life of its own and develop in ways I wouldn't have initially thought of. Its like a blog site for smurfs where they lead me on adventures or have the adventures themselves and I merely record them :-)

Onwards and upwards
Schlumpfy muffin

Postby Smurf1303 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:14 pm
Great site, very funny & a neat idea

Love the ghostbuster smurfs

Helen

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:38 pm
Just updated the site for the tv3 news page.. kiwi's would probably recognise the reporters etc (yeah right). My friend has the interview on a 12Mb Mpeg so at some stage I'll pop around and grab it off him.
In the mean time its Austin Powers and the smurf that shagged me.. "Do I make you smurfy baby.. do I?"

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:31 pm
I love Austin Powers so this is a cool one..."The Smurf That Shagged Me" :) .....nice one kiwischlumpf :D

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:38 am
Hi Daryl, Thanks for letting us know what happened with the TV and what a great new smurf - Austin Powers - what a fab idea.
:-D
I have been keeping and eye on your website and how it has been progressing. You are doing a great job and the ideas you keep having are fantastic, very original and funny. :clap:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby smurf addict » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:45 pm
Hi Daryl

welcome to the smurfy board. I hope that you enjoy our company and vice versa.

I love the repaints you have done, my favourite is the smurf head on the board.

"this is what happens when you choke a smurf" think that was the comment under the picture.

anyway, welcome to the madness that is smurf collecting

heather

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:46 pm
Hi All
Thanks again for eveyones support and kind words of encouragment... very much appreciated.

Well I've managed to get the TV interview but the bad news is I haven't been able to shrink it down to under 23Mb (2 and half minutes), :shock: so haven't uploaded it anywhere yet. :( I haven't attempted to zip it but don't expect much improvement on that. :banghead:

Does anyone know of any good free software that would allow me to resize and alter its quality. :? I have tried one package from downloads.com but 23mb is as good as I get at 96kps sound and mpeg1. My friend got it down smaller but the image was not viewable. :-?

I have some more smurfs to pimp and upload over the weekend. I'll post a note when its done. :-D
onwards and smurfwards
Daryl
Page 2 of 2

Login