Home of the Smurf Community

The place for new members to introduce themselves
Page 1 of 1
Postby hemble » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:22 am
Hi All,

I'm looking forward to being part of this smurfy community. I loved smurfs when I was a kid and use to collect them when I was younger. I know collect the Jakks Pacific movie smurfs and make diorama's with them and I will post what dio's I have done and there will be many more to come.

Cheers

Ron
Postby Tommo » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:43 am
Hi Ron,
Welcome to the forum!!!! I was looking at your dioramas on Facebook, they're fantastic! :shock:
Tommo
Postby Arno » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:14 pm
Hi,
Welcome to Blue cavern.
Busy to see your pictures.
Cheers
Postby The Smurf Collector » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:02 pm
G’day Ron

It is great to see another Aussie on the forum! With it being 40th anniversary of the smurfs being sold in Australia this year, it would be great to know more about how you discovered the smurfs as a child at some stage.

I have seen the pictures of your dioramas and they are extremely well made. I don’t feel I would have the skills or patience to make that kind of thing. Where do you buy the Jakks smurfs?

We hope you enjoy the forum
Keep Smurfin

Kath B

Try smurfing this: http://www.smurfs.com.au
Postby hemble » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:49 pm
Hi Ron,
Welcome to the forum!!!! I was looking at your dioramas on Facebook, they're fantastic! :shock:
Tommo
Thanks heaps Tommo and I've just started doing some more and will have them up as soon as their done.

Ron
Postby hemble » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:50 pm
Hi,
Welcome to Blue cavern.
Busy to see your pictures.
Cheers
Cheers Arno.
Postby hemble » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:02 pm
G’day Ron

It is great to see another Aussie on the forum! With it being 40th anniversary of the smurfs being sold in Australia this year, it would be great to know more about how you discovered the smurfs as a child at some stage.

I have seen the pictures of your dioramas and they are extremely well made. I don’t feel I would have the skills or patience to make that kind of thing. Where do you buy the Jakks smurfs?

We hope you enjoy the forum
Thanks heaps The Smurf Collector and I didn't realize that there was so many Aussie that liked the smurfs so much.

I first discovered the smurfs back when I was about 10yrs old and they were selling them at my local BP service station, I got one and then when ever my parents filled up they would get my brothers and myself a new one and that was 40 yrs ago.

I stopped collecting them when I was 12 yrs old as I got into military models and diorama's and the smurfs were packed up and put away and I have no idea what happened to them. When the first smurf movie came out I loved it and that was it but when The smurfs and the Lost Village came out I wanted to start making diorama's with the figures so I got online(ebay) to find some Jakks Pacific figures but they were to expensive.

About 4 months ago my niece sent a whole bunch of Jakks Pacific smurfs from the first movie to me and asked to make diorama's with them. I started making them as per Evil Smurfette and Papa Smurf but I misunderstood her as I thought she wanted but she sent them to me to make diorama's for myself, so now I have and what you have seen so far is what I have made.

I have found a few second hand Jakks Pacific figures on ebay so I have been ordering them so I can do different smurfs which I can't wait to do.

Ron
Page 1 of 1

Login