Home of the Smurf Community

The place for new members to introduce themselves
Page 1 of 1
Postby melbsmurf » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:52 am
Well hi all!

Just a quick 'lowdown' about me.

I'm a 35 year old male who started his Smurf obsession way back in 1980 when my older brother gave me a 'Spy Smurf' that he had found in the car park of the local shopping centre (mall).

After that one incident, I became 'addicted' to my little blue friends, and even though over the years I have spent periods concentrating on other, more important things(?!?), such as my career, my little blue mates haven't been far away.

I am so excited that the Smurfs are about to experience a 'resurgence' of sorts, what with the 50th anniversary and the movie.

My little 'buddies' deserve nothing less!

I look forward to my time here!!!

Cheers,

Rory!

Postby Pitufo » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:06 am
Hi, Rory!!!!!!Welcome aboard!!!!!!Glad you have joined his forum!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Hope you enjoy here!!!!!!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
JOAQUÍN

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:15 am
Hello Rory, so your interest has been there awhile ? Excellent :D You will enjoy it here for sure, and there are plenty of fellow Aussies for ya, and a crazy New Zealander too ! The rest of us are all in Europe or the USA :D

We all talk smurf anyway :) :)

:-D :beer:

Postby Dutchiesmurf » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:21 am
Hiya Rory,

weclome to the forum. I am sure you will enjoy it a lot here :cheers:

Postby melbsmurf » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:26 am
Hello Rory, so your interest has been there awhile ? Excellent :D
Thanks all for the well wishes, but yes, my interest has been there since I was tiny!

I love my Smurfs, and funnily enough, through all of my travels, my own Mother has been the 'Caretaker' of my collection of Smurfs!

She has spent hours cleaning each and every one with a toothbrush, so that when they FINALLY have a home in their own cabinet, they will look as perfect as the day that I bought them!

My cabinet at this point is only weeks away from being ready.

I cannot wait to show off my collection to my neices and my nephew, so that at least one of them will be able to carry on the 'tradition'!

Cheers,

Rory.

Postby SmurfingH » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:36 am
I'm going to show my mother your post Rory in the (vain) hope that she'll come round and clean mine! :bolt: Not that I can complain because in a way she started up my collection again by buying me the computer smurf from Venice a year or two ago. :-D

Welcome to the forum and I'm looking forward to seeing piccies of your smurfs when you get them sorted. :D

Postby Tojo » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:51 am
Welcome to the forum Rory & it's great to see another Aussie here :-D There are quite a few.
It sounds like you must have a great collection & it'll be cool to see some pictures when you finally manage to get them displayed :D

:cheers:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby smurfer » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:08 am
:welcome:

Welcome Rory !
I hope you have great time here , on the most smurfy place on the net !! :-D
:cheers:

Postby smurfieduck » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:55 am
It's nice to smurf you, Rory!! Welcome to the best forum in smurfdom!! You will love it here!! :-D
We all talk smurf anyway :) :)

Yep, the best international language there is, don't ya think? :D
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby Cassiebsg » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:33 pm
Welcome melbsmur! :) :) :)

Nice you decided to join us, and it's great that you never fall out of love for those cute lovely blue critters. ;)

Hope to join your neices and nephews, and be able to see yous collection soon. :-D
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby southernyacht » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:09 pm
Hi Rory :hiya:

:welcome: Hope you have a good time here :D
Cathy x :cat:

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:10 pm
:welcome: Rory!
I'm glad you came out of lurking to say "Hi"...we don't bite...well, not all of us anyway at the same time :) :) :) Just kidding of course, but watch out for the beer smurf in the pink tutu - he's such the troublemaker :smile:
:cheers: :beer:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby FlamingO » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:35 pm
Hi Rory :hiya:
Welcome to the forum :welcome: Hope you enjoy yourself here. :-D

Postby agent smurf » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:38 pm
Hello Rory :xmas:
:welcome: to the smurfiest smurf forum ever.
Hope you enjoy your stay. :-D

Postby Dutchiesmurf » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:26 pm
Btw...is your nick melbsmurf because you are from Melbourne or because you are a big fan of Mel B. (Scary Spice from Spice Girls)?

I bet it's the first ;)

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:30 am
:welcome: Rory

this is a fun place to be and no worries..the smurfs won't hurt...just watch out for :dory:...her fins hurt :(

It's great that you decided to come out of lurking :cheers:
After that one incident, I became 'addicted' to my little blue friends, and even though over the years I have spent periods concentrating on other, more important things(?!?), such as my career, my little blue mates haven't been far away.
I think we all can attest to that :) :) :)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Dreaming In Blue » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:53 pm
Hi Rory :hiya: welcome! I would love to see pictures of your Smurfs when you get them displayed.
~~Christine~~

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:11 am
:welcome: Rory to the smurfiest place around. Have a great time being here. :D
Postby HandyHarmony » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:47 am
Welcome Rory fro the USA!!!

We hope that you enjoy the Forum as much as we have in the very short time that we have been members. Lots of great Smurfy information available here. :-D

Happy Smurfing, :dogrun:

Alan
Handy & Harmony
New Jersey
USA
email: arennard@yahoo.com

"Smurf Trading is the BLUE thing to do !!!"
Page 1 of 1

Login