Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 1 of 1
Postby smurfieduck » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:47 pm
Hello Smurf Lovers

I have heard all about the Brussels event and I would love to go. Does the 'smurf community' organise something so we all meet up, go together etc? It's on 21 October, isnt it? :party:

Has there ever been a similiar event in London, England? If not, I would be interested in arranging it (with some advice from the people who have successfully organised the Belgium one :lol: )

What do you all think??

:cheers: :)
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:53 pm
Hello Sharon !

The fair in Brussels held by The Sister's Michelle and Veronique is being held on 14th October this year !

I know SteveParkes has found smurfs at some fairs in the UK, but we have'nt had a proper smurf fair here at all as far as i know !

Belgium is the best place tho, if you can get there, i strongly advise you to go, you won't be disappointed :D

I wish we could have one here :???:

:-D :beer:

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:12 pm
Hi Sharon

The advantage of a smurf fair in Belgium is that many of the big sellers are from either Belgium or the surrounding countries (like the Nederlands & Germany). A very big ingredient to make a really successful fair is to have the big sellers attend and most of them wouldn't want to travel that far to the UK due to expense and distance.

However that is not to say that the British sellers couldn't put something together although you also have to have the rarer smurfs to tempt buyers and that is where Belgium also has another huge advantage.

It would be a lot tougher to hold a successful smurf fair outside of Belgium or the surrounding areas I think but nothing is impossible and it would be nice to see more events on the smurfy calendar so if you do decide to proceed I certainly wish you the best of luck.

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:58 am
Hi Sharon, in the past a few of us have met up to travel together when we went on the Eurostar. I suppose it depends who is going and how they are getting there. If there are a few travelling by train, it would certainly make sense to travel together as it is much more fun. :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Pitufo » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:51 am
Hi, Sharon!!!!!!Welcome aboard!!!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I love the smurfs, and I love LONDON, so the mix is just amazing!!!!!!Stand by me!!!!!!! :) :) :)
JOAQUÍN

Postby steveparkes » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:24 pm
Oooh, now a smurf fair in London..my new hometown would be lovely..I'd definately go :)
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby smurfieduck » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:51 am
Hello

Thanks for all your input.

Even though, a smurf event in London would be fantastic. With hindsight, I agree with Dyer about Belgium being the best place to hold such an event. His point about attracting the big sellers is obviously one of the main points to consider.

Unfortunately, I am unable to attend this year (unless a miracle happens - a few grand falling from the sky into my lap!!) :( I feel that going to such an event with hardly any money is pointless. I know I will see loads of lovely blue cuties and will want to buy them but at the moment I can't. :( So, I am going to be a lot more prepared and attend next year. It would be great to meet members of the forum there as well - put some faces to the many names that I see on here :D

Anyhow, I want to wish everyone, from the forum, who is able to attend this year, a fantastic smurfy time :wave: :balloons: :party:

Best smurfy wishes :cheers:
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:53 am
Hi Sharon

I hope you can get to a smurf fair in Belgium next year. It's a lot of fun and the people here on the forum and others from around the world are very cool to meet.....and I really liked Belgium too so I highly recommend it.

Good luck and we hope to see you next year :cheers:

Dyar

Postby Azrael » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:53 am
Hi!

Just got back from my first smurf fair in Belgium. We paid 120 GBP for a eurostar return and hotel and it was well worth it!

I think organising a fair in London would be a great idea. There are lots of British collectors.. and we have unique items too!

Do you think sellers would not be interested in coming over here then? Its so cheap and easy!

I think if it was organised well it would be great! :-D
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby DrunkSmurf » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:50 am
You Europers have it so good. The only thing cool like that that goes on in the USA are bloody Star Trek conventions.

Worse, I'm in China right now and the only adults who collect toys keep it underground.

There's an underground smurf railroad. The Chinese equivalent of Beers just got his butt shipped to a coal mine in Xinjian.

"Collecting smulfs--it is illationar (irrational). How can you get ahead of neighbor if you spend all money on lanjingling??? You child not get into best school. Make junk friends. Become Taxi driver. Not lationar."

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:18 am
:) :) :)

Why am i actually picturing Tim speaking in that way....lationarally :) :) :D

:-D :beer:

Postby Cassiebsg » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:48 pm
:haha: :) I've been to china twice, and learned pretty fast that my best english there was useless... asking "Do you have this movie on dvd?" is not the right question if you expect to get an answer... "Movie... DVD?" That's how you should use english in china. ;) :!:
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:40 pm
the only country I was able to get smurfs were in Malaysia, but no smurfs in China, Taiwan, India (but someone told me there are some of them) or Philiipines.... :(
Page 1 of 1

Login