Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 1 of 1
Postby gunthersmurf » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:42 pm
YES IT IS ME GUNTHERSMURF WITH YET ANOTHER SMURFY IDEA.

MY QUEST TO START A SMURF CONVENTION IS NOT LOOKING SO GOOD AS IT WILL TAKE A LOT OF EFFORT AND MONEYS TO DO IT (FOR ONLY THREE DAY EVENT), AND THE FEEDBACK FROM THE SMURF COMMUNITY IS LOOKING REAL GRIM AS NOT MANY PEOPLE ARE INTERESTED.
SO, MY NEW IDEA IS TO JUST RENT A MONTHLY BOOTH IN OUR LOCAL MERCANTILE/GIFT SHOP, AS WELL AS START A WEBSITE FOR YOUR ONE STOP SMURFING NEEDS. WHEN TALKING TO THE SUPERVISOR OF THE STORE, HE SAID THAT IF I WERE A BOOTH RENTER THEN ALL FUTURE SMURFING EVENTS, THEY WOULD BE WILLING TO SPONSER. SO MAYBE THINGS MIGHT WORK OUT AFTER ALL. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU ALL THINK AND ANY IDEAS IN THE MATTER WOULD HELP AS WELL.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH....

SINCERELY AND RESPECTFULLY, GARY (GUNTHERSMURF)

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:27 pm
Hello Gary !

I think the problem with myself and some of our other members is getting there, and the expense involved ! Otherwise, we would all be there ! :???:

But your enthusiasm deserves its rewards :D

:-D :beer:

Postby Pitufo » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:41 pm
I think the problem with myself and some of our other members is getting there, and the expense involved ! Otherwise, we would all be there !
I agree...Most of us are european, and a travel to California is not only exoensive but that imposible to do only in a weekend...

But we all love your ideas, Gary!!!!!
JOAQUÍN

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:03 pm
The problem probably is that not too many Americans are really that interested just now...but I hope with the movies and the anniversary this will change :-D

Doing a shop and maybe even an Internet store sounds like a great idea though, Gary :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter
Postby gunthersmurf » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:06 pm
WOW :shock: , MY APPOLIGIES :cheers: , AS I DID NOT KNOW :-? YOU WERE ALL IN EUROPE. HOW MANY SMURF CONVENTIONS DO THEY HAVE WHERE YOU ARE AT?? I'LL BET THEY ARE WAY COOL, WOULD LOVE TO GO SEE FOR MYSELF SOMEDAY.

WHO OWNS THE RIGHTS TO THE SMURFS IN THE U.S. OR ELSWHERE?

SINCERELY AND RESPECTFULLY, GARY (GUNTHERSMURF :-D )

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:56 am
Hi Gary,

the rights to the smurfs belong to I.M.P.S and S.E.P.P. As for the smurf fairs, I would be great to visit your stall at Passion. Contact Xavier from saussard.be for further information. :D

Postby Rachel » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:33 pm
Hi Gary, yep I am afraid many of us are from Europe. There are quite a few American and Canadian members as well and also a rather large Aussie membership so this could well explain why there isn't more of a positive response. It is not the idea of a smurf convention, just the practicalities really. :D

There are a few smurf fairs in Europe, mainly in Belgium and Holland if you check out the Schtroumpf Passion & Other Fairs you can see pics from a few of them. :-D

I like your ideas about a smurf shop although there are already a number of online shops and with Ebay being so huge on smurfs now you may find it a bit difficult to start with. Could well be worth you renting out a stall though once you have built up a good stock of doubles. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:43 pm
You could also try to start out selling on ebay and do a store on there and see how the business is and what it involves :D

What ever you decide on doing...good luck and keep us posted :cheers:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter
Page 1 of 1

Login