Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 1 of 2
Postby aussiesmurf » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:11 am
Hey, just found this article about Bob Irwin (Steve Irwins son) celebrating his birthday at Australia Zoo the article mentions that The Smurfs were there to help celebrate Bobs 3rd birthday!!! YAY :-D :-D

Heres the link

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=155508
:flower:

Meagan

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:16 am
That's funny Meagan....wish there was a pic of the smurfs

Although I would hate to be dressed up as any character in this heat :shock:

Dyar

Postby bradley » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:50 am
yeah, I'd like to see those smurf costumes!

Brad.

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:35 am
Speaking of zoos.....what do you call a giraffe without a long neck?

....a sober giraffe

Dyar

Postby SA Smurfette » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:06 am
I saw that earlier Meagan, I was going to post it myself... you beat me to it :-D

Surely pics will show up in all the magazines this week :???:
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:35 am
Speaking of zoos.....what do you call a giraffe without a long neck?

....a sober giraffe
I don't get it :-? :?
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:37 am
I already felt pity for the people who were dressed up as Normal, Smurfette and Papa in Brussels. But since it's summer 'down under' ,it must be a nightmare.

Postby XoioX2000 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:12 am
... a sober giraffe?

Can I join Staci on that one....
Is it because the head of a normal giraffe sways from side to side? :-?

The Smurfs are on the way back! The Smurfs are on the way back! Yippeeeeee.... :cool:
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:24 am
Oops....long necks are tall beer bottles here in Australia.

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:45 am
Thanks for the info Meagan, interesting to hear and I agree, it would be wonderful to see more pics. :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:46 pm
I already felt pity for the people who were dressed up as Normal, Smurfette and Papa in Brussels. But since it's summer 'down under' ,it must be a nightmare.
Yeah I would just love to see their CVs..

(at their next job interview)
- So I see you spend 10 years in your last job as a Smurf. Tell me why did you leave?
- Have you any experience working in a team environment?
- We have a dress standard here, would you object to wearing a uniform?
and for goodness sake take that smurf costume off when you in an interview!

I also pitty the Wiggles... the new guy has to explain to the interview pannel why he wants to be the "yellow wiggle"!!! :lol:

It must be hard for the ego knowing you aren't valued for your brains or braun.. in fact you would be treated like a piece of meat for small children and crazy people like us to drawl all over and fondle.. a bit like a stripper but they never take their clothes off! :shock:

Like a 365 day a year Santa Claus!

- Hard day at the office?
- Yeah, I had 10 kids be sick on me and one derranged adult proposition me!?!

Actually the Spring/summer we are having down here the suit may be welcome.. we have iceburges floating past the south island at the mo... they say its the first time in many many years, something about global warming etc... but its not too warm here at the mo.. one day 20 degrees the next hale and thunder storms. Bizaar weather patterns, I wouldn't feel out of place wearing a thick one piece, head to toe blue suit - it may even help me getting a seat on the bus!

Postby aussiesmurf » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:00 pm
:haha:
:flower:

Meagan

Postby Tojo » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:53 pm
Ha ha, you brought a smile to my face as always Mr Kiwi :) By the way what are wiggles & why would anyone want to be a yellow one :-?
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:26 pm
Ha ha, you brought a smile to my face as always Mr Kiwi :) By the way what are wiggles & why would anyone want to be a yellow one :-?
Cheers :)

I'm not a big follower of the wiggles, but they are a childrens entertainment group. Big colourful sweaters and big smiles and I think the job description indicates a certain involuntary envolvment in singing and dancing. :)

Not as bad as the Teletubbies but there are also four of them and they too are identified by bright colours. I believe the yellow wiggle recently has had to step aside for health reasons. Coincidently I do recall not that many years ago the heads of state in certain communist nations used the same excuse when they had to step aside ... strangely they tended to be associated with the colour of red??? Like the Red Teletubby or Red wiggle! :shock:
Postby smurfwish » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:15 pm
Jeff, Gregg, Anthony, Murray are the Wiggles who sing along accompanied by Dorothy the Dinosaur, Captain Feathersword and a dog who's name I've forgotten.
Goodness me guys...you don't know what you're missing out on :) :) :)

Maxine

Postby SA Smurfette » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:32 pm
Well done Maxine, at least someone knows their stuff :) :)

Poor Greg has retired due to a medical condition called "orthostatic intolerance " which causes fatigue and blackouts.

When he stands his heart doesn't pump enough blood around his body :eek: and he's only 34 ...sounds awful.

Check out my smurfy site

Postby Tojo » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:32 pm
Cheers :)

I'm not a big follower of the wiggles, but they are a childrens entertainment group. Big colourful sweaters and big smiles and I think the job description indicates a certain involuntary envolvment in singing and dancing. :)

Not as bad as the Teletubbies but there are also four of them and they too are identified by bright colours. I believe the yellow wiggle recently has had to step aside for health reasons. Coincidently I do recall not that many years ago the heads of state in certain communist nations used the same excuse when they had to step aside ... strangely they tended to be associated with the colour of red??? Like the Red Teletubby or Red wiggle! :shock:
When you say health reasons, do you mean like this? :rolling: :weird: :neener: :gaga:

Postby Tojo » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:34 pm
Oops, I see Raelene has just answered that for me. Poor guy

Postby SA Smurfette » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:47 pm
Apparently it's not life threatening or anything but still doesn't sound like a nice thing to have.

He's one of the best dancers out of the group too, he's tall and lanky and looks pretty funny doing some of the dances.

You ask Trish, I gave her example of how he dances to "Here comes the reindeer" the other day :-D

Check out my smurfy site

Postby Tojo » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:56 pm
Now that I would love to see :) :)

Trish, did you film Rae while she was dancing? :)
Page 1 of 2

Login