Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 1 of 3
Postby Fram » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:14 pm
I don't know if it is a Flemish, Belgian, or international action, but on Flemish TV (primetime news on the biggest channel!), they showed a very sad Smurf cartoon made for Unicef. It has the Smurfs dancing in the village to the Smurf tune, but then bombs start falling down, the village is destroyed, many Smurfs are lying still, and Baby is crying and lonely.

It is very sad, and gives the impression of the horor of war for children (and adults of course). Not the happiness and joy we associate with Smurfs, but more poignant for that reason.
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:15 pm
Oh how sad, I'm not sure I would want to see that. :( :( :(

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:01 pm
That's very interesting that they used smurfs Fram......I guess like you said it's not how everyone associates smurfs with so in that way it is probably very effective.....I wish we had it on TV here too.

Postby hfos » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:44 am
I just browsed the Belgian Unicef-site, and a banner says 'Starting tomorrow you'll find all info on this site on our new campaign 'let children live in peace', the spot might show up there..?

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:43 pm
That sounds very sad but also is for a good cause. I have been a supporter of the charity unicef for some time and have donated regularly to thier cause :D Lucie

Postby hfos » Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:11 am
Unicef lanceert een schokkende campagne
(Unicef launches shocking campaign)

Postby attombomb7 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:28 pm
shocking!!! :shock:
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Fram » Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:41 pm
Today also a half page picture in the newspaper. I'll try to post a picture tomorrow evening!

Postby naish510 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:58 pm
Hi Fram in witch paper was that? :eek:

Postby ginasmurf » Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:22 pm
Hey guys, I just found this link with a newspaper article on the Unicef ad (from another message board).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jh ... murf08.xml

Postby attombomb7 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:06 pm
gosh! I read that article and I thought my art show war theme was

controversial.. this is nothing compared to this commercial..

:) :) :)
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website

Postby attombomb7 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:15 pm
phew!!

I know the world is moving more and more to brutal reality

but its sad and maybe necessary.. not sure

my worry is that kids will get used to it

like we did with dead bodies on the news..

and all it does is make more advertisers push those limit buttons to shock us into giving cash! or buying stuff!

I suppose this will throw the smurfs out into peoples faces

and will help them promote the movie maybe later!

it sure puts the smurfs on the map! :lol:
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:25 pm
I just saw the commercial and I thought the smurf part was pretty tame compared to what I was expecting....I guess we have seen worse images in realty than those....that smurf sex book is a lot more shocking than this commercial actually.....I was expecting far more horrific scenes after hearing the news about this......it's good to see smurfs being used as a marketing tool by other organisations though....that can only be a good thing.

Postby lordsmurf » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:57 am
Does anybody know where this commercial can be seen online? In decent quality, that is. The one on the vrtnieuws.net site plays like garbage.

Postby Fram » Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:11 am
Hi Fram in witch paper was that? :eek:
De Morgen.

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:56 am
I just saw the commercial and I thought the smurf part was pretty tame compared to what I was expecting....I guess we have seen worse images in realty than those....that smurf sex book is a lot more shocking than this commercial actually.....I was expecting far more horrific scenes after hearing the news about this......it's good to see smurfs being used as a marketing tool by other organisations though....that can only be a good thing.
I agree totally, especially with the sex in smurfenland book , its far worse :D

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:25 pm
I agree totally, especially with the sex in smurfenland book , its far worse :D
....or far batter...depending on how you smurf

SYD

Postby lordsmurf » Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:46 pm
It would be nice if somebody over there in Europe where it's being shown could record it for the rest of us to see. It's highly unlikely to ever be shown on the North American continent.

Please? :(

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:48 pm

Postby Rachel » Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:51 pm
Apparently the article was in the Daily Telegraph here in the UK. I think the link that Gina posted is the very one. I didn't get to see it but a friend of ours did and told us about it this evening. :D

I agree with Dyar, any publicity for our little blue guys must be good and if they then in turn help a great organisation even better. :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]
Page 1 of 3

Login