Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 1 of 2
Postby Smurf1303 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:57 am
Pete (on Mushroom Village) reckons the 2006 smurfs are going to be Halloween smurfs:

http://www.mushroomvillage.com/shroomro ... 0#post2020

Can't wait.....

:witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch:

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:26 pm
It seems a strange theme to me, like I think it was Brad said that smurfs are being promoted most in Australia yet they don't do Halloween in the same way Americans do. We don't do Halloween as big as Americans either, I'm not sure about the rest of Europe. I could imagine them doing a Holiday season theme, so Christmas, Halloween, Valentines, etc., but to do it ALL Halloween seems just plain odd to me. Don't get me wrong, I like the Halloween smurfs and that theme sounds pretty exciting because they are always so colourful, but it doesn't seem like a sensible marketing exercise to me, but could be wrong.

The UK Schleich agents said they'll let me know as soon as they have the details confirmed. :D

Postby Smurf1303 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:05 pm
I hadn't realised other countries didn't do halloween.

Does mainland Europe basically do halloween - would guess there & America still their main markets?

Maybe they were thinking witches, wizards etc as popular at moment with Harry Potter & Lord of the Rings etc???? And less focus on pumpkins and black cats

Either way I'd love some halloween smurfs.

Helen

Postby Fram » Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:10 pm
Eight Halloween Smurfs seems over the top to me, indeed. Perhaps they think they will be big in 2008 and later (with the movie), and are starting some american oriented Smurfs yet, but I guess all holiday Smurfs will be more logical.
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby attombomb7 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:01 pm
Halloween?? I agree

it makes no sense..

over here in Canada all Halloween stuff is out already on the shelves in store..

it starts early here in all stores.. selling nic nacs, candy and masks etc, candle holders and halloween gift ware.

maybe they heard Halloween wrong??

could it be that Schleich may have decided to launch the new smurfs or announce the new line? on Halloween.? the day I mean..

I can not see anyone launching Halloween smurfs alone? because
right after Halloween is over? the public would have no interest in them

other then a collectable.. but sales would plummet??
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby SA Smurfette » Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:21 pm
Eight Halloween Smurfs seems over the top to me, indeed.
Yeah

I hope it's holiday season theme :D

Raelene

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:53 pm
Although we don't celebrate Halloween down here we are very familiar with the holiday so I guess it doesn't matter that much....I was thinking just a few days before reading that, that it would be cool to have a skeleton smurf.....just to see their bone structure :) .....I may get one now.

However since they have already had a few Halloween smurfs it does seem odd to devote another 8 to them....do we know if there will be 8 again?

If you guys thought 8 Halloween Smurfs would be over the top, Syd was hoping for 8 Rollerskaters :-? .....I've said it before and I will say it again, there's no helping some smurfs.

Postby attombomb7 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:27 pm
it would be fun to see some smurfs in various fun costumes
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby bradley » Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:59 am
Is Halloween this month or next? I thought it had already been. I've got no idea.

Yeah, like I said on petes forum, a Halloween set doesn't seem universal enough. The whole point of the classics set was to re-introduce smurfs that would be widely brought. To go and release a set based on something like Halloween where not many countries celebrate is a weird choice. Unless this is the start of the smurf invasion for America next year? Maybe they planned the Australian distribution and had to go with a basic set. So maybe next year they can move on to promote smurfs in America?? with an American theme? Cross your fingers hey!

What ideas does everyone have for these halloween characters??
I'm sure a skeleton of a smurf would work Dyar.

Brad.

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:02 am
Its usually the end of October Brad !

:-D :beer:

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:11 am
I think it's the last day of October.....I am sure Stace or someone will correct me

Postby bradley » Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:14 am
lol, whenever it is, it's coming up soon.

Brad.

Postby hfos » Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:23 am
I thought it was October 30. I don't believe we've halloween here. It's not an official holiday in any case.

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:24 am
It's 31st October.
do we know if there will be 8 again?
I am 99.9% sure there will be 8 new ones because 8 are being discontinued.

Postby eggie smurf » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:21 am
Ding ding ding, Karen has the correct date :D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:23 am
Ding ding ding, Karen has the correct date :D
What about this ding-a-ling Stace?.....didn't I have it right too....I am looking for some recognition cos...cos.....well I don't know why really.....so I don't look silly again

Postby Tojo » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:56 pm
Found this info on Hallowen:-

On 31st October, the eve of All Saints Day, the people of England celebrate Hallowe'en, or All Hallows' (meaning hallowed or holy) Eve.

In ancient Britain this date was the pre-Christian eve of the New Year and Celtic Harvest Festival, when the souls of the dead were thought to revisit their homes to eat and drink. People left refreshments on the table and unlocked their doors before retiring for the night, then bells were rung, fires lit to guide the returning souls back to earth and animals were brought in for the winter.

After Hallowe'en became a Christian festival, supernatural associations continued to thrive. It was believed that witches were abroad and that it was possible for certain people to perform magic and summon up spirits.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's interesting to note that 1st November used to be the first day in the Germanic / Celtic calendar. At this time large fires were lit to scare away the ghosts of the old year. Here in Germany bonfires are now lit on the 11th November which the Church turned into St. Martin's Day. In Britain bonfires are now lit on the 5th (Guy Fawkes). Halloween is becoming more popular here but it's nothing like in England or the US.

Time to check on the pumpkins in the garden.... :witch: :rip:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby eggie smurf » Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:38 pm
Interesting information, Tojo :D I've heard it is celebrated here for similar reasons...except that the spirits come out the night before All Saint's to create havoc and people should dress up so as to "fool" the spirits and not be killed (I guess)...now it is just a way to score free candy for children :)

What about this ding-a-ling Stace?.....didn't I have it right too....I am looking for some recognition cos...cos.....well I don't know why really.....so I don't look silly again
Yes you had it right too -- I'm sorry for not recognizing you, dear :hug:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Smurf1303 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:38 pm
ooh yes, a skeleton costume smurf would be cool, also one dressed as (as opposed to carrying) a pumpkin, also a ghost smurf...

Postby SolidLiquidFox » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:02 pm
I wish the 2006 Smurfs were a continuation of the classic line. :x
"The Brave do not fear the grave"
Page 1 of 2

Login