Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Bunno Smurf » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:13 am
Hiya everyone,

I walked into the staffroom yesterday after being on duty and everyone goes "Have you seen the paper?". Apparently there were smurfs in yesterday's paper and they saved the paper for me. Our school gets a stack of about 20 Tuesday papers as they have the Ed Magazine in it on Tuesday.

Is the information in that article even correct???? The price range certainly isn't as they are $4.99 at Kmart.

Heres the brief mention and the pics in the newspaper. There was the workaholic in the paper too but I had to cut him off in order to fir the words in at a readable size.
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:45 am
Thanks for showing us Linda.

I would say that some toy stores would be selling them for more than Kmart and I guess the $9.90 probably refers to the supers....which is odd as that is cheaper than DJs :-? .....perhaps the writer has no idea :)

I seem to be only a 1,000 away from the biggest collections in the world.....give me 6 more months :) ....then again.....don't they know about Attom's collection yet :D

Postby Bunno Smurf » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:52 am
I was more concerned about the 45th anniversary worldwide in 2005?? Is that right?????
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:57 am
Okay....the writer has no idea...the 50th Anniversary in in 2008 so this year should be the 47th....not sure about the 25th for Australia though....would like to know where they got their research from....if they were in Sydney I would give the publisher a call and ask where they found that info from.

Postby Fram » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:25 am
For Schleich, it's a 40th anniversary (1965: first Smurfs produced by Schleich).
The Smurfs first appeared in 1958 (i.e. 47th birthday) and had their first independent adventure in 1959 (46th birthday). The first Smurf figurine (by Dupuis) may well have been 1960, but that never gets mentioned or celebrated...

The first Smurfs for promotional uses appeared in Spirou magazine already during the appearance of "Magic Flute" (1959), so almost instantaneous. I'll try to post a pic of it later.
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:15 am
That writer should of contacted you Fram for the research.....it's a good thing we all know better :D

Postby Rachel » Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:16 pm
This is great news for smurf collecting especially in Australia but maybe also world wide if this is just the start. It is a shame that they didn't get all their facts right but any publicity has to be good to for the hobby. :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby bradley » Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:47 am
Thanks for posting that Linda!

Brad.
Page 1 of 1

Login