Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 1 of 1
Postby XoioX2000 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:38 am
Well about one smurf anyway:

The Scuba Smurf does sink and does stand up right under water!
and the proof is in the picture.

It was not very deep: only 6 metres, although it's difficult to read that on his instrument :) , but remember: 6 metres, for a Smurf, that's a long way to swim!!!

As you can see by the great color of the water and the surrendings, it was very... green for better words...

Still next time I'll take him deeper....

I am sure Karen wanted to know where some of her Scuba smurfs do end up... well that's that settled then!!!

The green thing he is sitting on, is actually the front of a Land Rover which has been sunk there for good measure. (The place is Horsea Island, near Portsmouth).

Cheers,

David

:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:47 am
HA HA those pics are so cool!

Actually smurfs have quite a cult following with scuba divers, I even got a special mention on some scuba diver forums a year ago. :-D

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:07 am
Whoa ! cool pics Dragon ! what was the purpose of your dive... fun, frolics, wreck diving ? it looks great down there ! :-D :beer:

Postby SuperJen » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:18 am
Great pics David :D . It's always so impressive to see where people will take their smurfs :)
:star: SUPERJEN :star: :eye: I've got my eye on you

Postby SA Smurfette » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:26 am
Excellent pictures David :D

I have my Scuba smurf in my fish tank :-D

My goldfish keep knocking him over so i have buried his flippers in the rocks to keep him standing.

Raelene

Postby Rachel » Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:08 pm
Great pics David, where have you been diving?

Interesting fact to know about the scuba diver. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby steveparkes » Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:41 pm
Hehe..my friend at work does diving, and she said that her friend has a diver keyring..and she wants me to get one for her.
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:00 pm
I enquired about getting Diver Keyrings once but was told it would put Schleich in a difficult position with another UK customer who buys only diver keyrings because he has sells purely to scuba diving shops. I could have pushed it but I didn't.

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:44 pm
Nice pics David. That Scuba Smurf sure does look happy in his element. I can just imagine him heading back to the Dragon's village with his head held high telling everyone he meets..."I'm a REAL Scuba Diver you know.....not like all of the other fake ones who have never been under real water".

I have only been scuba diving once about 10 years ago but it was fun once I got used to the breathing which was a bit tricky when you're not used to it. It seems you have such a cool lifestyle David...one minute you're cycling, next minute you're off travelling somewhere and now some cool underwater pics......I am expecting you to post a pic of you and Astro Smurf posing on the moon next.....it wouldn't really surprise me that much.

Cheers :D

Dyar

Postby XoioX2000 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:08 am
what was the purpose of your dive... fun, frolics, wreck diving ? it looks great down there ! :-D :beer:
Me and my buddy just wanted to do a couple of dives to make sure we were confident with the gear for a deeper dive the following day... other than that there was no other purpose. Horsea Island is a very safe and easy place to practice. There are a few things to see: as it is on an army base, they have sunk a Land Rover, an Ambulance, a Helicopter and even an armored vehicle. It's basically in a large basin where they used to do Torpedo tests (!) and you can spot shells here and there. (They have all been disarmed, we are told, but I don't tend to get anywhere too close to them though... just the shape of them sends you a chill through the spine)
where have you been diving?
Interesting fact to know about the scuba diver. :D
I have only been around the UK so far (Maybe you know vivian quary, at the foot of the Snowdown?). I am dying to dive in "warmer" waters. Hopefully this summer...

About the Scuba Smurf: I had obviously planned to take him down and I did wonder if he would float straight back up, or if he would stand up right. I wanted to take some blue tack just in case... but forgot... so I was glad to see that he stood up right!!!!

The next day we went into an army training tank 30m deep (called the SETT in Gosport). I wanted to take him with us... but I forgot him at the surface (terrible I know...). The pictures would have been much more exciting! and a lot clearer as the water was crystal clear! Fantastic dive by the way, if anybody is interested, I have some pics... there was a mermaid at the bottom... (but hold on Syd: she was topless, so I'd have to put pictures in the adult section if you want to see them!!!)
Nice pics David. That Scuba Smurf sure does look happy in his element. I can just imagine him heading back to the Dragon's village with his head held high telling everyone he meets..."I'm a REAL Scuba Diver you know.....not like all of the other fake ones who have never been under real water".

I have only been scuba diving once about 10 years ago but it was fun once I got used to the breathing which was a bit tricky when you're not used to it. It seems you have such a cool lifestyle David...one minute you're cycling, next minute you're off travelling somewhere and now some cool underwater pics......I am expecting you to post a pic of you and Astro Smurf posing on the moon next.....it wouldn't really surprise me that much.

Cheers :D

Dyar
About that moon smurf thingy I had an idea a few weeks ago which I need to move forward... more about that soon, I promis...

Thanks for your nice comments! Well, you probably know the whole extent of what I do now... Mountain biking & Snowboarding are my main sports. Scuba diving is a regular occurence but not as often as I would like it to be... I also enjoy having large canopies above my head and have tried most of the ones you can think about... I tend to fly smaller ones for fun: I have a few power kites for various winds. The biggest one I bought (recently on eBay) has a wigspan of 14 meters and is specifically for kitesurfing. I'm still practising on land with that one for now though... I expect to hit the water in a few weeks...

What I think we should start is a thread where everyone could put a picture of them doing a sport or an activity with the matching smurf by them! I think that would really cool!!!!

Cheers,

David
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:43 pm
Hi David

If you ever get the chance you should try diving in the Great Barrier Reef just off Queensland. I've been there and it's amazing up there. There is so much colour that I could of just kept searching......just make sure you book with a reliable company.....there was one that left the people out there and they have never been seen since.

Dyar

Postby attombomb7 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:27 pm
HI!

I just saw this post!

what a great experiment! and super pics!!!
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)
Page 1 of 1

Login