Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 1 of 1
Postby amy » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:57 am
Before the forum meltdown I caught a glimpse of a post regarding Woolworths.

I cannot seem to find it now. Can anyone tell me what it was and can Americans go?

Thanks!
Amy

Postby Fram » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:00 am
It was a joke by David (Xoiox) who was jealous of the Australians getting bargains on Smurfs and the UK not getting any Smurfs, even at full price. As far as I know, there is no news regarding Woolworths and Smurfs. Sorry to disappoint you!
And I'm glad so many of the recent newbies have rejoined after the meltdown around here, welcome back all of you :cheers:
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby amy » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:44 pm
Thanks Fram, I totally know how he feels. The last time I found smurfs in the states was on a trip to NY. They had them in some shop in Times Square (1997 I think)

This is a great site, I plan on sticking around.

Postby SuperJen » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:58 pm
Woo Hoo, welcome Amy, glad you're staying :D
:star: SUPERJEN :star: :eye: I've got my eye on you

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:00 pm
Woo Hoo, welcome Amy, glad you're staying :D
Ditto Amy......Glad you made it back from the forum breakdown :D

Postby SuperJen » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:32 pm
And that was a horrible joke :( I'm lucky enough to live in the land of "Smurfs in Shops" and even I was upset when I found out it was a joke :)

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:01 pm
I thought it was funny SJ.....although the Brits have to remember that getting everything first is not always that great....I mean we were first subjected to horrible horrible things first before them like:

HOME & AWAY & NEIGHBOURS :shock:

JASON DONOVAN & CRAIG MacLAUGHLIN :shock: :shock:

ROLF HARRIS :???:

SHANE WARNE :arrow:

although I think we were lucky in some cases when it came to:

ALEXI SAYLE :scratchinghead:

STEPS, TAKE THAT & the majority of teen acts on TOTP over the last 20 years :-P

Strangely enough...I can't think of that many bad British things.......I am sure you guys have some absolute shockers too......feel free to contribute (bad Aussies as well) as I'm a bit stumped.

Dyar

Postby SuperJen » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:15 pm
I half agree with you HPH. Remember Australia was the first to get HPH and SJ, so whatever icky stuff we got first, that makes up for it :)

Postby amy » Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:05 pm
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Was Neighbours a british comedy about 2 couples that lived next door to each other? One of the couples starred the fellow who is in "As Time Goes By" with Judy Dench? I seem to remember they had chickens. I think it was on in the 70's or 80's.

I don't know who those other people are - probably because I'm an American.

I did spend a week in London about 6 years ago and would LOVE to live there (I may be immigrating if the US elects another republican).

I went on a smurf hunt at a toy store in Piccadilly Square. Didn't find any.

I had a phenomenal time in London. It was all clubs, cafes, and tea. lol

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:31 pm
There was Love Thy Neighbour but I don't think that had that guy in? :-? Neighbours is Aussie, not UK, and it's a soap opera full of good looking people, you can tell the UK soaps by the lack of sun tan and glamour :) :)

Postby amy » Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:45 pm
And you can tell the US ones by the thick make-up and the fake tans.

HAHA Soap operas are odd

Postby XoioX2000 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:16 pm
Hi Amy! Welcome to the forum!!!!

Sorry about the joke! I won't do it again... well I won't do that one again coz everybody would know straight away then so it wouldn't work!

Cheers,

David
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave
Page 1 of 1

Login