Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 1 of 6
Postby SuperJen » Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:08 am
:dance: 9 days and counting :dance:

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
:star: SUPERJEN :star: :eye: I've got my eye on you

Postby ginasmurf » Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:53 am
I finally found a K Mart store in Brisbane with Smurfs!

:party:

I found out today from someone that a K Mart a fair way away from our place had them, and they were open until 9 so we went on a bit of a late trip out there. It was all too much & I was a bit overwhelmed, so I only got 10 Smurfs but plan on going back once I have gone through my catalogue to see what I don't have. It is so exciting to have Smurfs available at local stores :-D

Oh and Brad I did have a look for the ones which you need & they didn't seem to have them, but I will keep looking for you as I have a few more stores to check out :D

Postby bradley » Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:39 am
Pinkbandicoot over at MushroomVillage has reported smurfs in Kmart in Western Australia! How exciting! No wait Jen, hopefully you can run out and find some Kmart smurfs now.

Thats great Gina! Glad that you've found some smurfs in Brisbane Kmart. Did you have the classics set already? Goodluck on those. Did they have many boxes in the store that you checked? Here in Adelaide had quite a few.. as many as 6 in one store. I think those 2 that I am still after are probably long gone now from David Jones stores. These were probably only in DJ first ever batch of smurfs. So I do doubt that the Ref or Pop Singer will be found now. But you never know.. could get lucky.

Jen, let you know how you get on.
And yes, it is great to have smurfs in stores!

Brad.

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:58 am
Pinkbandicoot over at MushroomVillage has reported smurfs in Kmart in Western Australia!
Hi Brad

Do you know the first name of Pinkbandicoot?.....I was just wondering if we have come across her in the past on Ebay or somewhere else.

Dyar

Postby ginasmurf » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:12 am
Did you have the classics set already? Goodluck on those. Did they have many boxes in the store that you checked? Here in Adelaide had quite a few.. as many as 6 in one store. I think those 2 that I am still after are probably long gone now from David Jones stores. These were probably only in DJ first ever batch of smurfs. Brad.
No I didn't yet have the classics set... I just wrote a list while going through my catalogue of the ones I need from K Mart (that I didn't get tonight). So I am all prepared for next trip & will hopefully be able to get all the ones I need from there!

It looked like they had a box of Smurfs on every register! I really wanted to go through them all but only one lane was open...next time though I might ask if I don't find them all in the one box. It is kind of annoying that you have to go through the box at the register, because people start lining up behind you. I felt like a bit of a traffic conductor :) and I am sure that they must have thought I was odd, having all these smurfs out on the counter :lol:

You never know about pop singer and ref, will keep my eyes peeled :D

Postby Tamtam » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:18 am
Could someone pllleeeeeeeaaseeee call whoever is in charge of releasing smurfs in Canada and tell them to hurry the hell up.
:)

Postby SuperJen » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:55 am
Could someone pllleeeeeeeaaseeee call whoever is in charge of releasing smurfs in Canada and tell them to hurry the hell up.
:)
Sorry my phones broken :)

Gina that's so so exciting.

Brad I will be letting you know for sure, I can hardly contain myself (I know what you're thinking HPH and you be quiet now) :)

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:49 pm
I won't say a word SJ :D ......but I will be thinking it :D :D

Postby SuperJen » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:30 pm
I won't say a word SJ :D ......but I will be thinking it :D :D
I knew it :) great minds? think alike :D

Postby bradley » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:27 am
Pinkbandicoot over at MushroomVillage has reported smurfs in Kmart in Western Australia!
Hi Brad

Do you know the first name of Pinkbandicoot?.....I was just wondering if we have come across her in the past on Ebay or somewhere else.

Dyar
No, I don't think I know their name.
No I didn't yet have the classics set... I just wrote a list while going through my catalogue of the ones I need from K Mart (that I didn't get tonight). So I am all prepared for next trip & will hopefully be able to get all the ones I need from there!

It looked like they had a box of Smurfs on every register! I really wanted to go through them all but only one lane was open...next time though I might ask if I don't find them all in the one box. It is kind of annoying that you have to go through the box at the register, because people start lining up behind you. I felt like a bit of a traffic conductor and I am sure that they must have thought I was odd, having all these smurfs out on the counter

You never know about pop singer and ref, will keep my eyes peeled
Thats great isn't it! Goodluck on the smurfs you need to buy. The Classics are actually quite good. I think I've said this before but from photos I had seen of these I didn't like them at all but when I saw them all and brought them I really liked them. They are much better than I had thought. And don't let shut checkouts stop you lol.. I just jumped over the closed gates to get to the smurfs.

I wish you luck Jen! Let us know how you get on with your kmart search!

Brad.

Postby SuperJen » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:52 am
And don't let shut checkouts stop you lol.. I just jumped over the closed gates to get to the smurfs.

Brad.
:) :) Crazed Smurf addict on the loose

Postby bradley » Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:00 am
And don't let shut checkouts stop you lol.. I just jumped over the closed gates to get to the smurfs.

Brad.
:) :) Crazed Smurf addict on the loose
LOL!

Postby ginasmurf » Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:15 am
I went to Mr Toys this morning and they finally have smurfs

:wave:

I bought a few figures and put 2 houses and the Smurfette Bedroom set on layby. It is just all so exciting!

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:37 am
Is layby an Australian thing? I don't think UK shops do that, do they? I am sure they would laugh at me if I asked them to do that.

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:56 am
I thought everyone had lay-bys Karen......maybe not as many as Syd does but I thought they were universal. When DJs first released the smurfs I put everyone I needed plus the large house and 2 cottages on lay-by.....I may of over done it at the time cos Mrs Dyar made it my Christmas present :???:

Dyar

Postby SuperJen » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:03 am
Is layby an Australian thing? I don't think UK shops do that, do they? I am sure they would laugh at me if I asked them to do that.
ow karen you poor thing, that's horrible...... I'm pretty bad with laybuy. I usually end up picking it up the next day :) :)

HPH - your christmas present :) :)

Postby ginasmurf » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:23 am
[quote="Kitty's Cavern"]Is layby an Australian thing? I don't think UK shops do that, do they? quote]

Yes I think it is just an Australian thing. When we lived in the UK I actually said to Scott "imagine how out of control I'd be if stores here had layby" :) I worked in a store over there and we didn't layby there, but we would occasionally 'hold' something for a couple of days if a customer requested it, but that was about it!

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:58 am
Hee hee, I wonder if this is why we think people are strange when they ask us to hold stuff for them, it just doesn't work like that over here, if you don't have the money then come back when you do have it, that's the way it is in the UK, in my opinion anyway.

Postby ginasmurf » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:24 am
[quote="Kitty's Cavern"] I wonder if this is why we think people are strange when they ask us to hold stuff for them, it just doesn't work like that over here, if you don't have the money then come back when you do have it, that's the way it is in the UK quote]

Yes actually it did used to bother me and we generally tried not to hold stuff for anyone. Mainly because we had to make 'sales targets' & someone else might want to buy it sooner. And as you said if you don't have the money come back when you do. After returning to Australia I had actually forgotten layby existed because I was so used to the way it worked in the UK, one day we were out shopping & I was stressing about not being able to afford something & then I realised I could layby :woohoo: :lol:

Postby Gerda » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:57 am
In the US we have that too, but it is called lay away, YOu have to put some money down before being able to have it held. I think the amount to put down varies by store. I never tried it so I don't know exactly how it goes.

gerda
Page 1 of 6

Login