Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 1 of 2
Postby Bunno Smurf » Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:01 am
Just wanted to warn the Aussies that there have been some suspected shill bidders on Aussie ebay and to note that there have now been some deregistered sellers on ebay. Just wanted to let every know that it is something that you obviously need to watch out for. PM me if you need more info.
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby attombomb7 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:22 am
hi!

great news!!

it seems there are lots of these smurf crooks everywhere!

you think they would try at least to make $$$ from diamonds or selling drugs or something!

they should get a life! geeez!! smurf crooks is a joke! hehehehhe

ho embarassing if they ever go to prison! hehehehe! duh!
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Bunno Smurf » Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:28 pm
LOL Attom, I agree. I think DrunkSmurf said the same thing....why would you bother with just a few dollars on smurfs??? I guess they thought they were less likely to be caught skimming a few dollars here and there :-?

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:23 pm
It really makes me cross!! :angry: :angry: I dont know why they do it. Its not as if they get much out of it is it? A few measly dollers woopeeeeee!! Money mad thats all it is greedyness. They just make them selfs look stupid to the rest of the world whats the point. Now if it was to make a few million dollers then well go for it. :) :) :) :) Only joking of corse. :D
Smurfy regards, Steve. :D :D

Postby Bunno Smurf » Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:47 am
Just a reminder to be careful on ebay as its pretty easy for people to start up new accounts and sell their wares once again under a new ebay id.

Postby attombomb7 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:50 am
hi!

I think everytime I bid now..I do double check their id's etc...

its too bad...(:
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:32 pm
You have been very observant Linda...thanks for making us aware :D

Dyar

Postby swarlock » Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:34 pm
Just a reminder to be careful on ebay as its pretty easy for people to start up new accounts and sell their wares once again under a new ebay id.
Ebay is notorious for this even in America. Greed is all the shills live for. :x
Friendship is everything.

Postby toydreamer » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:18 pm
Just looking through old threads and thought I'd bump this one up a few. The shill bidding is back in spades in Australian Ebay. Not hard to spot. Be careful people. When smurfs go for 3-4 times what smurf stores sell 'em for, on a regular basis, you know that something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Cheers

P.S. Apologies to all who live in Denmark. Never been there. Not that I don't want to go, but just that I never have... yet...
Smurfs, smurfs & more smurfs at Toy Dreamer: www.toydreamer.com.au :eek:

Postby SA Smurfette » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:19 pm
Thanks for the tip Andrew :D

Is one a certain seller we have discussed before ?
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:31 pm
Are you having notions of who it may be Rae?

Dyar

Postby toydreamer » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:11 pm
Hey Raelene,

Yep. The very same.

Cheers

Andrew

Postby Rachel » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:51 pm
Hi Andrew, always good to have a reminder about these things, Thanks, although I am saddened to hear that this is still a problem down under. :???:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby SA Smurfette » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:02 pm
Are you having notions of who it may be Rae?

Dyar

Yep !

Thanks for the tip Andrew :D

Check out my smurfy site

Postby toydreamer » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:45 pm
Hi Andrew, always good to have a reminder about these things, Thanks, although I am saddened to hear that this is still a problem down under. :???:
Heya,

It's really not a problem down under, but a problem with ebay. Have a friend who does it selling records. He has a few accounts and puts on the LPs and bids on them with his "shill" accounts. He doesn't have a problem with it and says it's the only way he can make a $ on ebay. It's not fair to the buyers.

I think the person doing the shill-bidding is in the wrong.

I also think the person who pays far too much for an item is silly. A little research wouldn't hurt a lot of the buyers. There's plenty of places to find out prices and stuff.

My two cents for the day. :-D

Cheers

Postby bradley » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:59 am
I have a question for Dyar or anyone else who knows what I'm talking about. On oz ebay I'm getting sick of seeing that seller.. and I'll name names "potions11" who sells all those (they are faked/homemade right?) PROMO smurfs.. what is with this? These aren't for real are they? Faked promos??? But they get so many bids on the auctions and they always sell for a lot.. and they seem to have hundreds of the same smurfs as well. What is with this?

Brad.

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:24 am
Hi Brad

I don't like these type of smurfs either :???:

The problem is that it comes down to the bidders being educated more than anything. You can sell anything on ebay and no one is forcing the bidders to waste large amounts of money on some thing that is extremely easy and cheap to make. If they knew where they could purchase these accessories from and how cheap they really are....like 30 cents or something per bottle or piece then they would all just purchase them and make homemade smurfs too.

One thing I have learnt is that some sellers are not collectors and therefore their main priority is obviously to just make money, like we all want and need to do to different degrees. Whether it be fast money to burn or to feed a family. There is still nobility in their goals from their point of view and they are only giving what the people are obviously lining up to get. I can understand how you, me and many other collectors and sellers in Australia are feeling as we disagree with these flooding the market. At least the forum is here and people can come here and be educated if they have the time.

I wouldn't say no to a couple myself just for a reference of what commonly exists out there....maybe we should all start selling them on ebay for cost :) :)

Dyar

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:55 am
I have a question for Dyar or anyone else who knows what I'm talking about. On oz ebay I'm getting sick of seeing that seller.. and I'll name names "potions11" who sells all those (they are faked/homemade right?) PROMO smurfs.. what is with this? These aren't for real are they? Faked promos??? But they get so many bids on the auctions and they always sell for a lot.. and they seem to have hundreds of the same smurfs as well. What is with this?

Brad.
Oh Portions,

this girl usually bids me out on German ebay.

Postby SA Smurfette » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:02 am
Potions is a girl, Dominque :winks:
Not that matters, they still outbid you :banghead: Might change the name you call them when they do though :)

Check out my smurfy site

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:43 am
Oh thanks for pointing that out, Rae!!! :)
Page 1 of 2

Login