Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 1 of 1
Postby hfos » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:46 am
Has anyone from this forum heard of or been here? It looks like a pretty OK place to take my kids.

Edit: I realize it's the same as this event, only in a different location. But this is actually quite close to my home.
Postby paolo » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:34 am
I suggest you to go. I live in Italy but I went four times at the Smurf Experience when it was in Brussels, and one exacty on the day of the 60th birthday (so I got the salt and pepper gift...).
Before going I thought it was tailor made for kids, it is, but for us collectors is a very nice experience too (and costly... as I spend around 700 euros on the shop...).
If you go, please take pictures of the items in the shop, as in the previous occasions (as in Paris) they had different things to buy respect to Brussels.
And if you have the occasion to talk to some of the organizers, please ask if they know when and where the Smurf Experience is coming to Italy.
Postby The Smurf Collector » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:13 pm
Can you also ask if the Smurf Experience is coming to Australia?
Keep Smurfin

Kath B

Try smurfing this: http://www.smurfs.com.au
Postby hfos » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:42 pm
Right, we're going tomorrow! If I see someone who might be in charge I'll tell them to go to Italy and Australia as soon as they're done in Oberhausen! Also I'll take photos and report back, it might not be immediately but I'll do my best.
Postby The Smurf Collector » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:44 pm
I am so jealous, can’t wait to hear all about it and to see your photos.
Keep Smurfin

Kath B

Postby hfos » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:49 pm
Right, so that was a lovely way to spend an hour or two. I was actually quite impressed with the quality of the affair, both of the models, the AR stuff, and the story they used to weave it all together. The kids enjoyed themselves, though they're at an age where they mostly run to see the next thing.

When it starts you're a human, and smurfs are quite small.

As you move from one part to another, you become a 'part' of the story (and you become a smurf, so everything becomes bigger).

Here's me with my buddies in the village :D . I'm the one with the camera.

Another part, pretty with all the lights.

There's also this castle, it looks like it's quite far away but it's actually quite small (insert Father Ted joke here).

Even later, we've captured Gargamel. He's all kinds of struggling here.

When you've finished the story (and after a very nice 360° VR movie!) there's this nice model village.

@Paolo, I took a bunch of photos in the shop. Here is a selection, but I have more. I didn't spot anything terribly interesting (to me, at least), I don't know if you're looking for anything specific..?
Postby The Smurf Collector » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:09 pm
It looks amazing. Thank you sharing your photos with us, I just wish this kind of thing would come to Australia some day.
Keep Smurfin

Kath B

Postby hfos » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:16 am
Yeah, sorry I didn't meet anyone who knew anything about that, mostly younger people who were helping out with admissions and such. No one 'in charge.' I suppose you could try to ask via the site maybe?
Postby paolo » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:42 pm
Yeah, sorry I didn't meet anyone who knew anything about that, mostly younger people who were helping out with admissions and such. No one 'in charge.' I suppose you could try to ask via the site maybe?
thanks, from the pictures you took of the shop, I do not see new objects that I need. I already bought most of them in Brussels or from Roelof at bluedwarfs and I believe they are keeping secret the new locations, even more with the pandemic.
Postby paolo » Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:01 am
Will The Smurf Experience re-start after all the restrictions are lifted?
It was a 4 year long project at the beginning and there are many Countries still left out (Italy, Spain, ...)
Page 1 of 1

Login