Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 1 of 1
Postby The Smurf Collector » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:35 pm
This week I came across a picture of the 2019 Schleich smurfs on the Peyo's Smurfs Facebook page and also the Blue Cavern Facebook. At this point of time I don't know much else about them.

At first I thought that they were a combination of previous smurfs released by Schleich and miniature Plastoy smurfs. Perhaps the two companies have gone into partnership with producing smurfs?
Attachments
2019 Smurfs.jpg
2019 Smurfs.jpg (56.46 KiB) Viewed 3606 times
Keep Smurfin

Kath B

Try smurfing this: http://www.smurfs.com.au
Postby Tommo » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:58 am
As someone has pointed out on Facebook, the first 4 have already been released in last year's movie box sets :angry: Just so lazy of them. When is it that Schelich's licence to produce smurfs runs out?
Tommo
Postby CuriousSmurf » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:31 pm
I received an email from smurf expert André saying that Schleich’s marketing license runs out after 2019. I guess they don’t want to bother to make too many new molds. My cousin is visiting Switzerland right now and I asked him if he would pick up the soccer smurfs since I haven’t found them anywhere in the US. I hope he finds them!
Postby lordsmurf » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:10 pm
Smurfs PVC releases have been disappointing for several years now. But I have to say, a post-Schleich era will probably get worse, not better. Most non-Schleich miniatures look terrible.
CN Announcer: "Why are the Smurfs blue?"
Grouchy Smurf: "We're not! We're green! Adjust your TV!"
Postby CuriousSmurf » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:44 am
Agreed. Don’t even get me started on Jaks smurfs...
Postby AmericanSmurf » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:10 am
I hope the license gets renewed and they put some effort into some new molds... but then again I'd just be happy to see some in the wild. I live in Omaha, NE. My local Target carries some of the Eldrador Creatures. Walmart carries some of the animals and dinosaurs. I haven't seen a Smurf since Toys R Us closed down (well, actually BEFORE that as I don't remember seeing any WHEN they were going out of business either). But America being America, I doubt we will see any soon unless someone makes a new cartoon or they get mentioned by Oprah or someone :P Lost Village didn't seem to do anything to boost sales. I hate buying toys online :P :violin:
Postby The Smurf Collector » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:24 pm
Hi AmericanSmurf

It sounds like buying new smurfs in America is very similar to Australia. I have been lucky on occasions of finding an independent book shop or toy store that sells Schleich smurfs.

In the beginning I was not keen on buying smurfs online but this feeling has now changed. My collection would not be as extensive if it hadn’t been for buying smurfs from different parts of the world.
Keep Smurfin

Kath B

Try smurfing this: http://www.smurfs.com.au
Page 1 of 1

Login