Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Wakko » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:02 pm
Considering how many years Schleich has been making the Smurf cottages, you'd think they'd be fairly easy to come by on the secondary market, but they're not!!! Seems the cheapest you can find them on eBay for the smaller ones is around $20 plus shipping.

It's just odd to me that you can find various vintage Schleich Smurf figures for low prices, but the houses never seem to come down... any idea why? I just want one small one for my *very* small collection.

Postby bwalters » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:05 pm
Hi Wakko; Do you have a Toys R Us. They have them for about $15 and you can get them on line too. They also have the large house for around $40. I'm not sure if Target has them or not on line.
Mr Bill

Postby Wakko » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:31 pm
Hi Wakko; Do you have a Toys R Us. They have them for about $15 and you can get them on line too. They also have the large house for around $40. I'm not sure if Target has them or not on line.
Actually, at my local TRUs, the small cottages are all marked $20. As much as I want one, I don't think they're worth that much. I'm surprised that you can't find one cheaper than that on the secondary market.

Postby bwalters » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:43 pm
They must have gone up. I'm pretty sure I only paid $15 or $16 for one at TRU. I haven't even been in a TRU for a few months. And for 6 months before that I didn't look at the houses.
Mr Bill

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:05 pm
I haven't really looked at the houses lately. Are you looking for one in mint condition?

If not, you often find the small cottage in a smurf lot which would make it come out cheaper in the end :-?

Not sure what drives the price up, I've always wondered why the large houses are so expensive as well :o
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bradley » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:24 am
hmm, I think they are a tad expensive. When I bought mine years ago when they first had smurfs available at David Jones stores here I think they were priced at either 20 or 30AU each. Then another store called Kmart had them and I actually managed to buy another 1 of each of the houses when they were on clearance for 5AU each I think, hehe... that was a good price. I prefer the old vintage colours of the smurf houses though. They are much nicer I think. But I don't own any of the old houses with their box. Only the large houses with the box.

Maybe keep looking on ebay to get them cheaper... although a lot of the buy now prices are probably 20 or more dollars. One might pop up.

Postby Tintin » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:36 am
Hi

As far as i can remember these have always been expensive.
On fleamarkets even when the butterfly is missing and with the big ones it's even worse........................there expensive.

Tintin

Postby Benny » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:44 am
Yes, the building (wind mill, farm, gargemels castle, large and smaller cottages, etc.) of Schleich have always been expensive. Unfortunately :-?

Postby André » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:54 am
Yes,

they are a bit expensive. :(

On the other hand they from the beginning sold these as toys with very high quality. And 3 generations children have played with some of the cottages I still have from when I was a children. The only part broken are the butterflies. So I must admit those cottages must have been worth the money my parents spent on them in the 70s. All the smurfs, playsets and cottages, my partents had in a room visiting children played in. So all my sisters and brothers children have played with them. And my mother was also a childminder for ten years so those smurfs and cottages have been played with alot. :-D

Not like the bad quality toys I have many times bought for my children through the years. :lol:
Attachments
unbreakable.jpg
unbreakable.jpg (66.1 KiB) Viewed 2263 times
André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Login