Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 1 of 2
Postby bradley » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:14 am
Just found out this exciting news from my smurf collecting friend up in QLD Australia. We have a royal show which travels Australia every year. Lots of events, rides, animals etc. well back in the 80s they had smurf showbags and finally because of the smurfs movie there will once again be a smurfs show bag this year. The Qld show begins in aweek. but the show here in Adelaide is in the first week of september before the movie is released. cant wait. ill be grabbing a showbag from my friend... not waiting ha! so ill post some pics when i get it. but here is a photo attached from the site and description and price is $25au.

Smurfs message bag
Smurfs 3d puzzle
Smurfs lanyard
Smurfs yoyo
Smurfs tissue box holder
Smurfs keychain

looks good. so if anyone is wanting one of these showbags let me know and when i go to the show in september ill buy them for you. also my friend tells me there will also be a special sony smurfs section somewhere to meet smurf characters. excited so much. sept in aus will be smurftastic! Plus ive read that mcdonalds also plan the smurfs promotion here. guessing we will either get the same plush smurfs or the ones that the asian countries have. we will see.
Attachments
ImageGen.jpeg
ImageGen.jpeg (11.28 KiB) Viewed 7480 times

Postby bradley » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:23 am
Just reading some more. looks like they have a half hr stage show with papa, smurfette and clumsy. im also guessing theyll have smurf plush to win as prizes on the sideshow games

Postby Tojo » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:27 am
That sounds really interesting Brad :-D

It's good to hear that the smurfs will be appearing at the Royal Show :cheers:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby bwalters » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:39 am
Hi Bradly; That looks so cool. Yes I would like to get one. Let me know and I will wisk the money to you through paypal.
Mr Bill

Postby smurfy3msl1 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:23 pm
Thats great! I'd love one,I will send you a message on facebook.

Postby Tintin » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:18 am
Hi

Amazing what they bring on the market.
Lucky enough i don't collect it all............ wouldn't know were to put it all.....

Tintin

Postby bwalters » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:40 am
Maybe I should start following your lead Frank. I do try to collect it all, and I have pretty much ran out of space to put things. I like to display my stuff so you can actually see each and every thing I have. While a lot of collectors will put them in a plastic tub and slide it under a table. Yours is displayed very nicely as are some others.
Mr Bill

Postby Tintin » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:59 am
Hi Bill

Thanks for the compliments.
Ofcourse i understand why people put it in boxes etc etc........
If there is a big family there is not much of a choise.
But i like to display as much as i can............ i am enjoying it every day when i am on my smurf room........
There is not much space left so i have to be picky with what i buy.

Tintin

Postby paolo » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:57 pm
What is a 3d puzzle? I only know of the Ravensburger PuzzleBalls, but when this one with Smurfs is out I will buy it!

Postby bradley » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:56 pm
the puzzle is pictured in the bottom left of the promo picture. Not sure how its a 3d puzzle. I'll post some photos when I get my showbag in a few weeks.

Postby eggie smurf » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:03 pm
Brad, these look great. I have heard of show bags before from Dyar but a smurf one is awesome. Could you add one for me and one for Dyar? Do you know yet how much these will be? And take lots of pics of the Sony section with the show :D thanks for posting this info!
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby bradley » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:16 pm
Brad, these look great. I have heard of show bags before from Dyar but a smurf one is awesome. Could you add one for me and one for Dyar? Do you know yet how much these will be? And take lots of pics of the Sony section with the show :D thanks for posting this info!
Hey Staci, yep you're on the list. The smurf showbag is $25 each. I'll get in contact with you the week before the show in September. Its the first weekend in Sept. But I'll have my showbag early from my friend. Hopefully next week or week after so I can post some photos of the bag here for a better look at whats in it. And yeah I'll definitely take lots of photos when I go to the show next month. Hopefully the smurfs stage show & Smurf Zone are at the Adelaide show.

Postby bradley » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:28 am
Got the show guide today and yes we are getting the smurfs showbag in SA. but it looksvlike there will be no live show or smurf promotion like QLD had. little bit disappointed :( but atleast we still get the showbag. i should have mine from my smurfy friend tomorrow or Friday so ill post some better pics so you can see whats in the bag.

Postby bradley » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:10 am
Here is a photo of the smurf bag pictured in the show guide book.

I have recieved my bag from my friend in QLD today!
Its very nice. will post some photos soon and if anyone else would like one just let me know before the end of the month.
Attachments
2011-08-18 07.51.45-1.jpg
2011-08-18 07.51.45-1.jpg (97.34 KiB) Viewed 7126 times

Postby Tintin » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:16 am
Hi Brad

He looks very nice !!! :-D
Congratulations, comes in handy when going to a smurffair :cheers:

Tintin

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:32 am
wow..looks much better than on the website picture :D

Can't wait for it to arrive :) :)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bradley » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:19 am
ok just taken a photo of my smurf showbag and contents. I've realised I'm actually missing the tissue box :-? I guess they missed packing it into the bag. oh well. I've left everything sealed and will take it with me to the Adelaide show and tell them I just bought it and its missing the tissue box and get a replacement. But the rest of the items look nice! Especially the light up yoyo with a picture of a smurf playing with a yoyo. Also the 3D puzzle is a holograph with 3 different pictures. Theres the smurf lanyard and the satchel bag with attached soft keyring. And have to say the plastic bag it all comes in is huge. Anyway take a look. I have 6 on order sofar so again if anyone else is after a bag let me know. I will be going to the show on the 3rd September. I think the show begins on the 2nd and runs for a week.
Attachments
Smurf Showbag.jpg
Smurf Showbag.jpg (110.34 KiB) Viewed 7084 times

Postby Lia » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:08 am
Really really nice items Bradley! :D

Postby bradley » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:51 am
my friend just told me her tissue box was inside the satchel bag and guess what! yep there mine was too. I hadn't opened the plastic as a thought I'd have to get it replaced but nope, all is fine. The tissue box is a plastic cover. I was expecting cardboard or hard cover but its a soft vinyl cover. Looks nice.. need a square tissue box to put it on. I'll take a pic soon.

Postby Zackmak » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:27 am
It's great that you're offering everyone a chance to own this goody bag! Can you tell us the size of the puzzle?
Page 1 of 2

Login