Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 2 of 2

Postby bradley » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:14 pm
I think the size of the puzzle is double that of the box it comes in. There is a size listed on the box but I'll have to check it out when I'm at home.

The show starts here tomorrow! I'm going on Saturday and have already bought my tickets. The show is so expensive... and that's even before you've walked through the gates.

Hope to see all the smurfs plush as prizes in the sideshow alley games!
And grabbing half a dozen or so smurf showbags :-D

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:04 pm
Good luck at the show tomorrow, Brad...hope you find lots of smurfs!
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby bradley » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:11 am
I am back from the show. Im so tired now. all that walking around and all the people. it was busy. but had a nice time looking around. and yes there were smurf plush toys every where! It was great. but i couldnt win one of the giant plush smurfs. that was disappointing. but did win a small smurf and a medium papa... but could have bought them at a stand cheaper and got more of them instead of trying to play for a huge plush. you had to get the basketball in the hoop all 5 shots. i sucked at it. i took a few photos. ill post them up tomorrow. but i bought 9 smurf showbags lol! They looked at me like i was crazy wanting that many bags. but some bad news... all of the bags were missing the yoyo. the woman said they hadnt come in and i had to write my name down on a mailing list so when they get them the yoyos will be posted to me. not sure when that will be. ill contact everyone who wanted a bag shortly to make arrangements. so ill be in touch.. hopefully tomorrow.

What a long day.

Postby bradley » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:15 am
Just took a quick photo with my phone of the bags...
Attachments
2011-09-03 17.17.02-1.jpg
2011-09-03 17.17.02-1.jpg (85.04 KiB) Viewed 4962 times

Postby Tintin » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:41 am
Hi Brad

Good luck on getting the yoyo................
Nice that you helped so many smurfs :cheers: good work !!!!!

Tintin

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:02 am
Odd that they didn't have the yoyos, expecially since they seem to have them at the other show that your friend visited. They should have given you a discount since those weren't included.

Either way...thanks for getting us the showbags....and it sounds like it was a fun albeit very exhausting day :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby eggie smurf » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:06 am
Sounds like a great time. Thank you for getting the bags, Brad :D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby bradley » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:55 am
Ok. Just uploading a few photos from the show yesterday. I didn't actually take many photos of the games to win the smurf plush. I should have got the camera out but didn't. It was so busy. But I only took one pic of a game with the huge plush smurfs to win.
Attachments
AdelaideRoyalShow-photo001.jpg
AdelaideRoyalShow-photo001.jpg (118.45 KiB) Viewed 4920 times

Postby bradley » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:00 am
Here is the plush cartoon shop where you can buy the smurfs. Should have just bought them all here instead of wasting money to win a giant smurf. oh well. I ended up with a medium size papa and a small normal smurf.
Attachments
AdelaideRoyalShow-photo002.jpg
AdelaideRoyalShow-photo002.jpg (92.84 KiB) Viewed 4918 times

Postby bradley » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:04 am
This was the stand in the showbag pavillion selling the Smurf Showbag! This photo is borrowed from my friend in QLD from her show last month. I completely forgot to take a photo yesterday but its exactly the same setup. Also completely forgot to take a photo of the huge smurf up above the showbag stands.
Attachments
AdelaideRoyalShow-photo003.jpg
AdelaideRoyalShow-photo003.jpg (95.18 KiB) Viewed 4916 times

Postby bradley » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:12 am
Now this display was awesome! On the LHS entrance to the showbag hall in the window they had this Smurf display full of all the different sized smurf plush and big banners with the smurfs on. It was hard to take photos as there were so many people just standing or sitting in front of the window. So couldn't get a full shot of it but it looked awesome and in the end I just had to squeeze up to the window and take a few photos.
Attachments
AdelaideRoyalShow-photo006.jpg
AdelaideRoyalShow-photo006.jpg (99.22 KiB) Viewed 4913 times
AdelaideRoyalShow-photo005.jpg
AdelaideRoyalShow-photo005.jpg (83.53 KiB) Viewed 4913 times
AdelaideRoyalShow-photo004.jpg
AdelaideRoyalShow-photo004.jpg (81.08 KiB) Viewed 4913 times

Postby bradley » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:15 am
very cool display!
Attachments
AdelaideRoyalShow-photo008.jpg
AdelaideRoyalShow-photo008.jpg (71.39 KiB) Viewed 4912 times
AdelaideRoyalShow-photo007.jpg
AdelaideRoyalShow-photo007.jpg (90.68 KiB) Viewed 4912 times

Postby bradley » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:32 am
and finally there was another Smurf banner outside of where you could buy the plush smurfs. So I had my photo taken in front of it :) So it was a great day. Very tiring. Wish I had of taken some more photos. Was surprised how much the smurfs were being promoted at the show with all the plush and banners. Saw so many people walking around holding smurfs and some with the huge smurfs. Wish I had won one of those but thats ok. The show is so expensive. I hope next year they change the smurf showbag or possibly add a 2nd bag to buy.
Attachments
AdelaideRoyalShow-photo012.jpg
AdelaideRoyalShow-photo012.jpg (65.75 KiB) Viewed 4910 times
AdelaideRoyalShow-photo009.jpg
AdelaideRoyalShow-photo009.jpg (61.58 KiB) Viewed 4910 times

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:50 am
Great pictures, Brad :cheers:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby smurfer » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:22 am
Great photos Brad !! :D

Thanks for posting :-D :-D

Postby bradley » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:04 pm
Some news on the missing yoyos... I called the company and was told that the last of them were mailed last Friday and when I got home that night I had a package in my mail box... they've only sent me 1 yoyo. They should have sent 9. So I need to call them back about this and see if they will send the rest out. I hope so.

Postby bradley » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:31 am
BUMPing this thread UP! This years annual Royal Adelaide Show begins 6th September. I have the showbag guide here & this year there are TWO new Smurf showbags! In fact I already have mine from my smurfy friend in QLD who went to the EKKA beginning of August. They are great especially the Smurfette bag!. I will be going to the show this year on the 7th September so if anyone really wants a showbag then send me a message. They are $25AU each. I know last time I bought 9 bags for forum members... but double the bags this time so it might be a massive buy depending on how many people want them. I might have to limit the numbers. Just let me know. The bags are as follows with photos:

Smurfs Showbag
x1 The Smurfs Silver Bag
x1 The Smurfs Insulated Lunch Bag
x1 The Smurfs Folding Drink Bottle
x1 The Smurfs Flying Disc
x1 The Smurfs Tattoos
x1 The Smurfs Pencil Case

Smurfette Showbag
x1 Smurfette Canvas Bag
x1 Smurfette Lanyard
x1 Smurfette Memo Set
x1 Smurfette Decor Stickers
x1 Smurfette Nail Tattoos
x1 Smurfette A5 Notebook
x1 Smurfette Cosmetic Bag
Attachments
2782-300x300-smurfette.jpg
2782-300x300-smurfette.jpg (42.03 KiB) Viewed 2721 times
2476-300x300-smurf.jpg
2476-300x300-smurf.jpg (38.79 KiB) Viewed 2721 times

Postby SmurfeeJo » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:43 am
The Smurfette bag/goodies are red?
:shock:

OK, it shocked me at first, but I could get used to it.....
Page 2 of 2

Login