Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Azrael » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:27 am
Hi guys!

I know a lot of you are members of the club. I've emailed the mails I have and posted on FB, but I wanted to let you know that if you do have a card then that qualifies you for this official SMURF exclusive.. as promised!

http://www.britishcollectorsclub.com/ph ... ?f=6&t=453

It's a really, really lovely book and I'm sure you'll see if for yourself. The author is making special copies for any members that will include your OWN message from the author and your membership number.

Hope you like it!

Al
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:06 am
That sounds interesting! :D

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:48 am
Here is the press release :D
Monday, July 11th – New York and London – The Smurf Collectors Club announces an exclusive tie-in with “The World of Smurfs: A Celebration of Tiny Blue Proportions” author.

On Monday, July 11th, 2011, the Smurfs Collectors club will start offering an exclusive perk for being a card carrying member – any Smurfs fan who owns a limited edition Smurfs Collectors Club ID card will be eligible to receive a tip-in page that corresponds with their SCC number, if they purchase a copy of “The World of Smurfs: A Celebration of Tiny Blue Proportions” directly from the book’s author, Matt. Murray.

Says Murray: “I have been a collector of Smurfs paraphernalia and figurines all of my life, so when I found out that there was a whole cadre of fans who have shared my obsession, I wanted to reward them in a way that I, myself, would appreciate.

“Furthermore, in working with Smurf Collectors Club president Alan (Mechem, of the BBC program “RestroSpectacular”) on providing images and information for the book, I realized that there were hordes of people around the world, who, like me, have been waiting for a tome like this, and would desire some matter of recognition for hanging in there even during the lean (“non-movie”) times when The Smurfs seemed less than fashionable to dedicate one’s self to.”

“As the self-proclaimed ‘World’s Leading Smurfologist’ it seems obvious that I would choose to reward my fellow ‘Blue Believers’ with a premium that would add some kind of emotional as well as, collectors’ value, to a book that was published and written, primarily, for Smurfs collectors and fans.”

Limited to an edition of 100, the exclusive tip-in page will be made available only to collectors who have subscribed to the Smurf Collectors Club in the past six months – since the organization has been re-booted.

In addition to the exclusive tip-in page, Murray has also decided to add a smurftastic roll-call to his site that will acknowledge Smurf Collectors Club members who decide to support the book via his own website and personal appearances, rather than buy the book from impersonal retailers who offer the material at a severe discount.
“I have spoken with Alan and some of the other officials at the SCC, and have decided that this is the best possible way to reward our ‘Blue Buddies’ around the globe,” says Murray. “Even if it means paying the actual cover price instead of a major retailer’s discount, there are fans out there who would rather be acknowledged for their dedication to ‘the brand’ and our ardent love of The Smurfs than simply receive an impersonal copy from a ‘big box’ seller.”

The exclusive Smurf Collectors Club signed edition can only be purchased at http://www.threeappleshigh.net , Matt. Murray’s “Smurfology” website.

As Matt. Murray does not receive a "back-end" on the retail sale of any Smurfs books or DVDs he's associated with, and Abrams, Papercutz, and Warner Home Video do not currently support his promotions or personal appearances financially, all proceeds from sales made here go directly to any costs associated with the promotion of these published materials that Matt.'s already incurred or may incur in the future.

Tip-in pages are offered as a free "gifts" for ordering from Smurfology directly and there are no additional fees for them - nor will they be sold or distributed separately to any customer.
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Azrael » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:03 am
Thanks Maureen! :D
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club
Page 1 of 1

Login