Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Fri May 13, 2011 3:05 am
Hi guys,

I just wanted to let you know the annual "Free Comic Day" takes place tomorrow. I will pick my smurf comic (the prequel of "The Smurfs and the Magic Flute") at our local comic store, which is only 5 mins away from our flat. :D For more information on the comic day and for the comic itself, go to http://www.gratiscomictag.de .

Postby Tojo » Sat May 14, 2011 4:42 am
I've just come back from visiting 2 comic stores in Frankfurt. You could get up to 5 of the free comics in each one & it was chaos in both shops.

In the 1st one I picked up Thor (Marvel comics), Green Lantern (DC comics) & you guessed, the Smurfs :-D :-D :cheers:

In the second one I got another Green Lantern issue & another 2 Smurf issues.

As well as that I picked up the May releases of the Toonfish Smurf albums (these are the first ones I have of these releases):-

#26: Die Schlümpfe & das allwissende Buch
#29: Die Schlümpfe & der goldende Baum

For some reason they aren't being released in number order :-?
These are the releases for March - October 2011 (issues 1-7 & 21-29):-
March #1 & #28
April #2 & #27
May #26 #29
June #3 & #25
July #4 & #24
August #5 & #23
September #6 & #22
October #7 & #21
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon May 16, 2011 3:12 am
Yup, I was allowed to pick up five comics either. :D

I looked whether they had the Toonfish albums available, but the owner told me that they had to order them. However, I may subscribe without any charging fees, if pick them up at the store. :)

Apart from the Smurfs, I picked up:

- The Muppet Show
- The Peanuts
- Donald Duck
- Princess Sakura

I also learned from an extra mag why the Smurf album hadn't been sold in Germany for more than a decade. IMPS wanted to charge Carlsen way too much for the licence fees, which they wouldn't pay. Then the splitt company "Toonfish" paid up for the licence and has just started to release
all classic albums, plus the "Schlumpfereien" and "Johan & Peewit" albums.

For more infomation turn to: http://www.toonfish-verlag.eu

Postby Tojo » Mon May 16, 2011 12:53 pm
I've ordered the March & April Toonfish releases from Amazon.de so hopefully they'll arrive in the next few days :D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue May 17, 2011 2:49 am
Very well done., Tojo. :D I am going to ask for the subskription on Friday. :D
Page 1 of 1

Login