Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Pickle Smurf » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:55 pm
Hi

I had an email today asking if Hertford Museum (UK) could borrow some smurfs for a children's tv characters exhibition. I wondered if anyone here wanted to have their smurfs on display so here are the details: -

Hello,

I am the Curator at Hertford Museum which is an independent museum in the county town of Hertfordshire. We are planning a temporary exhibition all about children\'s tv characters which will open in early October this year and will run until the end of December.

I was wondering if you could pass this email onto whoever has a Smurf Collection as I would like to know if we could borrow some to put on display. I don\'t know how feasible this is but I thought this was the best place to start. We are starting to do all the preparation work for this now.

The museum has recently been refurbished and has museum quality, secure display cases and CCTV.

Many thanks for your time

Helen Gurney
Curator
Hertford Museum
18 Bull Plain
Hertford
SG14 1DT
T: 01992 582686
www.hertfordmuseum.org

The email address is helen@ the website address above (minus the www.), I haven't put the actual email address in here so it doesn't get picked up by spammers.

I'll email the lady back and tell her I've put this message on the forum.

Thanks

Karen

Postby Azrael » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:53 am
This is a lovely idea... and I'd prob do it when I pass on in a will... but not now. Not sure if I could handle the kids being away! :)

Fantastic idea tho! Kudos! :D
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club
Page 1 of 1

Login