Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 1 of 1
Postby bradley » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:29 am
Macy’s Braces For Smurfy Holidays
Posted June 7th, 2010 at 3:21 pm by Sarah Mahoney
http://www.mediapost.com/blogs/raw/?p=2761

Bring on the blue: Macy’s has tapped the Smurfs as its holiday ambassadors of 2010, which means that plush versions of vocabulary-crippling creatures will be available at Macy’s everywhere, and that a balloon version will sail in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. The retailer says it will back the Smurfs with a “robust marketing campaign,” including a TV spot and magazine ads, collateral, jumbotron and special events. While the Smurfs are 52, the big-screen release next year of the Columbia Pictures’ and Sony Pictures Animation’s live-action family comedy will introduce a whole new generation to the evil wizard Gargamel and the blue crew. The dolls will be wearing holiday duds, and talk when their little hands are squeezed.

Postby Tojo » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:15 am
Very interesting indeed Brad :D Well spotted...
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Gerda » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:09 am
so exciting.. just wish it was a store like walmart as the prices would be more affordable :) :)
happily smurfing along

Postby Tracker Smurf » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:17 pm
This is exciting. Ladst year I took my daughter to the local Macy's and they had an event to introduce the new Ambassador (MIcky Mouse) they had games and gave us all micky mouse ears. Heres hoping they do something like that with the smurfs. Has anyone seen any images of the stuffed smurf?

Postby Tracker Smurf » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:35 pm
Not sure if they will have anything going on smurf related but our local Macys has listed an event called Parade in a box on Nov. 20... Last year they did a parade event and passed out Mickey mouse ears since Micky Mouse was the Holiday ambassador...Maybe they will have something smurfy there.

Postby stampysmurf » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:12 pm
That's exciting! Your daughter will love that!

Postby Cool Smurf » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:56 pm
I can't wait! :cheers:
Robin, you dog, you- Vanity "The Adventures of Robin Smurf"
Page 1 of 1

Login