Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Azrael » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:24 am
So... this is for all cartoon fans etc!

Whilst doing some research for my new job I stumbled upon this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jivU-4xv7aw

It's a 'say no to drugs' cartoon from the USA that Disney put together. It's amazing that SO SO many brands did this for free and also that certain studios (Disney, Warner, Hanna Barbera) put differences aside to collate it!

Anyway, let me know what you think. It's the first time I've found a little treasure like this!

Also, who'd like to take a pot shot at how long it will take this to appear on other forums! HAHA!

Al
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:16 am
Great cartoon and find, Al :D

You read other forums :shock: :o :o :o :eek:

Why in the name of smurfs would you do that???????? :? :-?

:) :)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby SmurfingH » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:24 am
That is so cool!! :-D :) :)

But Al, I thought you were a one forum guy! :( :o :winks:

Postby Azrael » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:24 am
On my life, I have only probably looked at another forum once.. ever! I'm just saying I'm interested in how quickly this find will make itself around collectors! Especially with the subject matter!

I'm doing reseacrch for this show and seemed to stumble on it. I was amazed that Garfield and ALF were on it... but when the Smurfs turned up talking about POT!! :shock: :shock:

Postby Azrael » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:26 am
The little sister is blatantly on drugs as well. I'm sure alarm bells would start ringing when the Smurfs jump out of a comic and your Winnie the Pooh teddy begins to talk to you!

The brother may be on weed, but his sister is on stuff WAAAAAY stronger!

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:29 am
ERm.....are you saying your little smurfs don't talk to you????? :inhale:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby eggie smurf » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:00 am
Great find, Al. I will have to watch that when I get home...people might think I'm smoking something watching a half hour cartoon/drug program :) :) Do you know how old or how recent it is?
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Azrael » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:09 am
1991/2.

Which is odd as it's the tail end of the Smurf tv popularity in the US.

Some great moments. I can't see myself how it turns kids off drugs... if anything it probably makes them want to start! You get to speak the the Ninja Turtles after all!

Postby Cassiebsg » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:12 am
Great find Al! :D
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby bradley » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:43 am
lol never seen that video before. wow. all those different characters all together in the one cartoon. The Smurfs weren't in much of the video though... but very strange cartoon. Nice find Al! thanks for sharing the video :-D

Postby Azrael » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:04 am
It's very odd isn't it! I know they're not in it for long, but it's just nice to see original animation. Plus, it's SO surprising that they even got involved in this isn't it!? To my knowledge there is nothing else like it.

It's actually called "Cartoon All Stars". I wonder if they ever did anything else? Do any of our USA people know about it?

Postby bradley » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:08 am
love Alfs comment "something tells me we're not in cartoon territory anymore" LOL its strange hearing all these cartoon characters talking about drugs. so funny.

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:14 am
@Thanks Al for bringing some fond memories back. :D I remember that the whole cartoon was shown on German tv and that there had been a re-run as well. I remember taping that, but for some reason I deleted it. :( :angry: Funny thing is that I asked German tv for another re-run last year, but since the production was paid by the McDonalds fond and thus considered to be an ad, they won't give it another re-run. :(

Postby Azrael » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:03 am
Holy lord! So McDonalds are involved as well! This is insane!!

It's like a backroom gathering of all the corporate hellhounds of the world.

Apart from the Smurfs. Mind you, they seem to bail out quite quickly at the start!

Postby barrufet » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:23 am
This is the cover.
It is for sale in Amazon and other sites:
http://www.amazon.com/Cartoon-All-Stars ... B0009XEVFI

regards
barrufet
Barcelona
Page 1 of 1

Login