Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:29 am
Hi guys,

since I happened to find this funny news on German teletext yesterday, I looked up for the original source. :D

Hope you love it, as much as I do. :D

Natalie Portman Fears Blue People

Saturday (29th) 09:15

Natalie Portman is scared of Smurfs.

The 28-year-old actress revealed she has feared the miniature blue-skinned cartoon characters - first created by Belgian comics magazine Le Journal de Spirou in 1958 - since she saw the 1980s animated series as a child.

She said: "I remember as a kid being really scared of The Smurfs. Because that bad guy, the wizard Gargamel, was so terrifying. I was scared of a lot of cartoons. I'm kind of wussy like that.

"I'm far from fearless. I'm afraid of everything. But maybe when you're afraid of everything, it sort of seems like you're scared of nothing."

Natalie does have some happier memories of her childhood.

The 'Brothers' star loves reminiscing about the toys she played with, although she admits her games were usually far more violent than most children's.

She explained to Interview magazine: "I was like a total cliched 80s child. I had Barbies, obviously, as well as My Little Ponies and Cabbage Patch Kids, but I used to destroy them. I used to draw all over their faces and cut off their hair."

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/celebrity/ ... 28231.html

Postby bwalters » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:10 am
That is funny. Someone send her that poster that is in (Possible Movie News). I actually thought why would they put a pic on there that looks like that, it might scare children.
Mr Bill

Postby SMURFSTEROCKS » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:38 am
Aww, How can anyone be scared of these adorable blue guys?
But it was a good story to read.
(Website is only viewable on Internet Explorer)

Postby PonySmurf » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:22 am
HA! She's a strange one (Portman) but a great actress. ;)

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:09 pm
Natalie Portman is cute.....I can sell my Smurfs if she wants :)

Dyar

PS: Just heard back from her lawyer...she says it's ok....I can keep them :???:

Postby PonySmurf » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:06 am
She is cute ;)
Page 1 of 1

Login