Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 1 of 7
Postby bradley » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:31 am
Here is some exciting news.. there is an Australian tv show on the ABC called "Collectors". http://www.abc.net.au/tv/collectors/ They've contacted me a few times on the email but they finally gave me a call last Friday and they have arranged to come and film me and my collection on the 5th June. I've had to put in for a whole day off work. They say it will take most of the day to film my collection and an interview for the show. Sounds exciting! I'll let you all know how it goes.. they'll film in June, so will probably find out then when it will be on the TV. And the videos are posted on the website as well. They think they might include it for an 80's special.

:-D

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:35 am
OH wow....that is really exciting news, Brad :-D

Me thinks, this is well worth taking a day off work :) :) :)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:36 am
Wow!!! :D That sounds brilliant, Brad!!! :yay: :D Enjoy it to the fullest!!! I'm looking foward to watching the videos.

Postby Pitufo » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:37 am
Hi, Bradley!!!!!!!It sounds really really interesting...CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!
JOAQUÍN

Postby bradley » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:46 am
Thanks! They do post the videos on the website so everyone will be able to see it :)

I watch the Collectors show every week. Very good programme. Looking forward to the filming. That will be interesting. I'll have to spend the weekend before dusting my cabinets and smurfs and cleaning the glass etc.. fun, hehe. And get everything out and on display. And brush up on my smurf knowledge so I sound like I know what I'm talking about.

The studio that the show is filmed at is actually located in Tasmania. Some collectors if they are the feature collector they then get to appear in the studio to talk about their collections as well. Not sure if they fly people from Australia over to Tasmania. I wouldn't think they would, not sure. They are just coming to my house at this point to film a video segment.

Postby eggie smurf » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:58 am
Great news, Brad....of course I already knew before you posted since Dyar told me about it a few days ago. Can't wait to see the video online. Good luck :D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby SmurfingH » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:09 am
That's fantastic Brad! :) :) Is it for the whole show or for several minutes? Hope it's not just for a few seconds. I don't know the show so I don't know how long a segment is, but I hope it's on for ages! :) :) It would be great to get DVDs of it if possible. I don't have a DVD recorder. :(

Postby Lia » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:07 am
That is sooooooooooooo nice!
Congratulations Brad!! keep us posted!

Lia

Postby Tojo » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:09 am
That is fantastic news Brad & I'm really looking forward to seeing the show when it's aired on the net :-D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby André » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:20 pm
Very nice Brad.

I love to see your collection on TV.
:D
/André

Postby steveparkes » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:42 pm
Great news Brad, how exciting. Keep us posted, I'd love to see it :D
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby stampysmurf » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:15 pm
Congratulations! How exciting!!

Postby bradley » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:51 am
Thanks everyone.
That's fantastic Brad! :) :) Is it for the whole show or for several minutes? Hope it's not just for a few seconds. I don't know the show so I don't know how long a segment is, but I hope it's on for ages! :) :) It would be great to get DVDs of it if possible. I don't have a DVD recorder. :(
I think the segments are around 3 minutes. So a whole days filming edited into 3 minutes, heh. The show runs for 20 minutes and they have regular segments like the mystery object, auction guessing, and they feature a couple of different collectors and the hosts have segments. If you take a look at the Collectors website you will get an idea of what the collector segments are like. Seems they also have full episode downloads to! I have a dvd recorder so I will record it to keep.

Collectors is on tonight...

Postby SMURFSTEROCKS » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:52 pm
That is great Bradley, would love to see the video when it comes out.
(Website is only viewable on Internet Explorer)

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue May 26, 2009 8:32 pm
Hey Brad

Just wanted to wish you the best of luck for the show......it should be a fun thing to do and I'm looking forward to seeing the results

:cheers:

Dyar

Postby bradley » Wed May 27, 2009 3:41 am
Thanks Andrew. yeah they will be filming here next week (on the Friday). Should be interesting and hope it all turns out alright and not just embarrassing. On the weekend I started cleaning my glass cabinets and dusting the shelves. Now re-arranging smurfs. I've brought out my 7th cabinet from the wardrobe (that was full of my PR collection) and have started filling that with smurfs too. Got all the old plush out. Some might need to be washed and a few others hidden away because they are so ugly. Found my 'toy island' boxes with the Berry Lovin Baby box. So will set these up in the cabinets as well. Hopefully the perfectionist in me will get the display looking how I want it before next week... its a big task so I've started early. I've got the annual Adelaide toy fair this weekend.. I just might be adding more smurfs in there if I'm lucky... ha!

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed May 27, 2009 3:41 am
I just thought of it, Brad..but it looks like we have to rename this year 'Brad year'.

With your collection being shown worldwide (hopefully) and your being in Europe..this is definitly your year :cheers:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bradley » Wed May 27, 2009 3:45 am
I just thought of it, Brad..but it looks like we have to rename this year 'Brad year'.

With your collection being shown worldwide (hopefully) and your being in Europe..this is definitly your year :cheers:
Thanks Maureen, lol. :-D The year of the Brad :)

Postby SmurfingH » Wed May 27, 2009 3:59 am
:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Postby bradley » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:04 pm
Yesterday they came and filmed. Producer from the Collectors show from Hobart and a camera and audio crew from ABC Adelaide. Showed up just before 9am. Set up the camera, lighting, microphone. Did the interview, filmed the collection display and individual pieces on the turn table. Filmed for most of the day. It was interesting. They left around 1:30pm. The smurfs looked great on the camera. Especially the Plastoys on the turn table (when they weren't falling over :shock: ). So did Gargamels castle, managed to get that on the turn table as well. So hopefully the video segment will turn out ok. The interview I hope I didn't sound like an idiot.. put on the spot being asked questions with the camera rolling you start to forget that you even know what a smurf is. A lot of things I completely forgot to mention or the question didn't come up. So hope it still turned out ok. They'll send me a DVD copy of the video. No date on when it will air on the Collectors but they still think they will use it for an 80's special.

I've attached a photo of my full collection display I took yesterday. What it currently looks like after I spent the last couple of weeks re-arranging and cleaning the cabinets getting it all ready. Also I added a 7th cabinet (that I had in the wardrobe) and filled it with smurfs for the display. That is pretty much my WHOLE smurf collection right there. Minus only a few other items that I couldn't fit into there but that is just about everything.

Page 1 of 7

Login